Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Scanlation Donation Game!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

StalkeR

StalkeR

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 40 posts

Hi all Scanlator groups... I am StalkeR. So I just recently got a job, and I was thinking to myself... that I should give back to all the scanlator groups that are working so hard... only problem is, is that I cannot donate to every single group. Soooo.. I've decided to make a little game or competition, I guess. Here is the thing.. I have $100 every month kept on the side for the top 5 scanlator groups that *I* will personally decide, ($20 per group)

Here are some of the rules for this little fun competition:

ANY ENGLISH SCAN GROUP CAN ENTER!!!!! (Sorry International Scan groups, but I can't read any other language besides English and Japanese).

All applications, will be held 2 days before the month ends.

I will announce MY TOP 5 on the last day of the month, and they will receive $20

Applicant Minimum to start this fun game is AT LEAST 6.

I judge on a unbias format, so any genre goes.

When you apply every month, here are some things you need to input:

Scan Group:

Admin(s):

Forum/Website:

Two Mangas you want to represent:

Sample Application:

Scan Group: Horrible Scans

Admin(s): StalkeR

Forum/Website: Horriblescans.wordpress.com

Two Mangas you want to represent: Cube x Cursed x Cube, Haiyore! Super Nyaruko-chan Time

(more to add in the future)

The first competition will be held in next month (June), so to apply just post it in here, and I will make a list. 

APPLICATIONS FOR JUNE COMPETITION, WILL END ON JUNE 1, 2013!!! ALL LATE APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!

Edited by StalkeR, 29 May 2013 - 10:55 AM.
Thread Close Date

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts
Wow! I am kinda surprised Batoto staff is allowing this attention seeker to continue his nonsense. Then again this is internet.

Anyways I will second a post from MangaUpdates by T1.

You know instead of pronouncing crap like that. Wouldn't it be just fine just to donate to the group you find to be best or to your liking?

It seems to me you like to tell the world that you helped this and that group and have them fight to get your attention.

You probably don't mean it that way but that's how it seems to me. Of course you will have group that will post to get your attention but the good groups won't care and just continue. They got a donation button which they hope people will use since they are too busy bringing their scanlation out to the community than wasting time to make applications.

People should donate if they like our titles and want to help with the costs, not because we have to beg them to give us money. ;)

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

cmertb

cmertb

Potato

• Contributor
  • 161 posts

You're far too cheap. Offer at least $1000 and I will consider applying on behalf of all my groups.

はりねずみは誇り高き鳥である。蹴らぬかぎり飛ばぬ。

My JPOP music subs (we consider requests too)

MadmanFreak

MadmanFreak

Potato Spud

• Madman Scans
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIndia
scan group: madman scans
Admin: madman freak
Forum/Website: madmanscanlation.blogspot.com
Two Mangas you want to represent: I am a hero and Biohazard marhawa desire.

001Frame.gif

StalkeR

StalkeR

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 40 posts

Wow! I am kinda surprised Batoto staff is allowing this attention seeker to continue his nonsense. Then again this is internet.
Anyways I will second a post from MangaUpdates by T1.

You know that I was doing this of my own will, Batoto Staffs had no support nor they disagreed with it.
I was using my money to help support scanlation, but since there were so many and I wouldn't just want to give my money to all the popular ones, I decided to make a fair, and fun game...
If you find it immature of me, think whatever you want... But don't bash the Batoto Staffs just cause of this post.