Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long

I don't get why everyone says that the serie is ruined and all, I can't understand why almost everyone wants Kazuya to be dead too...

Are you people forgetting that the soldiers in Freezing are the pandoras? Limiters like Kazuya are the supports for the pandoras to fight the nova, so he's not supposed to be so powerful (despite he has a stigmatic body) 

He's not alive for the progression of the story, he's one of the MC and not a single series can make any progress if the main characters die...

Someone please explain me why the series is ruined.

Sorry for the bad english.

Oh man, where to begin.

I'll need help with this my friends
So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

It REALLY sucks when a pacifist makes you guilty for killing monsters.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

SilverDirtystar

SilverDirtystar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

Oh man, where to begin.

I'll need help with this my friends

*Tags in to assist*

The are many reasons why this series is ruined, but for length reason I will keep it short. One is how the characters and the plot are all over the place, yet the author is still marching on without fixing the problems. We have an organization that literally shot itself in the foot and is the only hope in defeating an species that Dr. Aoi is not being fully honest about. Second is how many of the characters are just plain arrogant assholes that are being bitches to one another. And for Kazuya... there's really nothing to him as a character. 

MarleyAndMe

MarleyAndMe

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

*Tags in to assist*

The are many reasons why this series is ruined, but for length reason I will keep it short. One is how the characters and the plot are all over the place, yet the author is still marching on without fixing the problems. We have an organization that literally shot itself in the foot and is the only hope in defeating an species that Dr. Aoi is not being fully honest about. Second is how many of the characters are just plain arrogant assholes that are being bitches to one another. And for Kazuya... there's really nothing to him as a character. 

Well, honestly I like the series, but I wanted to understand why so much people hated it, mostly because it could help me to be more objective at the time to analyze it. I understand what you are pointing and it's true, anyway now I can say I like a series with many defects but since I'm blinded I wont stop seeing it (I feel like a christian now)

Once again, sorry for the bad english-

15p1loj.png

Blacksight

Blacksight

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Any idea when the next chapter will be released?

Haggardblaz3

Haggardblaz3

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I remember liking this when I started reading it a while back, but then I dropped it cause I got busy, I should have not come back and let my positive feelings about this series to continue

vapor

vapor

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts

Well, honestly I like the series, but I wanted to understand why so much people hated it, mostly because it could help me to be more objective at the time to analyze it. I understand what you are pointing and it's true, anyway now I can say I like a series with many defects but since I'm blinded I wont stop seeing it (I feel like a christian now)

Once again, sorry for the bad english-

Actually if you like something, other people be damned, you should really just enjoy it. Don't let other people convince you that you don't actually enjoy something that you do.

There are good things about this series. I've criticized the bad in some of my other posts, and I lean similarly to how many others do. But this is also not my first IDY manga. IDY can rope you in easily because he actually is good at, or rather finds artists that are good at, drawing sexy female characters, and as a writer he can make a lot of superficial but visceral plot settings. The problem comes in the fact that he can never really finish anything he starts and eventually his lack of plot comes back to really detract from what he writes.

If you've read a few of his series, I guess you have less tolerance for it. He did a bunch of them at once, but just chose to continue Freezing. Or else I probably wouldn't be reading this, I no longer read any of his new work and am really only interested in finishing what I started.

If you can turn off your mind his stuff is a decent enough read. I like some of his characters and some parts of his mangas. I like Su-Na quite a bit right now. I've read a lot of really awful manga, IDY's stuff isn't near the bottom. I wouldn't say he's a hack. The problem is he has some great top tier ideas and settings, which tantalize the reader, but then his execution is mediocre so it gets really disappointing and that makes it look worse than it is. If he wasn't able to actually build up any interest people wouldn't get mad because it would just be straight mediocre, and mediocre is actually pretty good because there's only so many great mangas but a lot of really crap manga.

What sucks is I'm sure Freezing also won't have that payoff that people are really looking for. He's building up this curiosity and tenseness to just what the Nova are, where they come from, and what Aoi saw that makes him so convinced humanity is doomed but he will still fight for them anyway.

But since I know there won't be a payoff, and I'm expecting it to be stupid, I'll actually be fine. The problem is a lot of people that don't know IDY and are getting emotionally invested are going to be pretty darn pissed when it happens. When it eventually happens...hopefully this doesn't just get abandoned too.

max0611

max0611

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

i don't like thoes who insult kazuya..yeah i know he doesn't do much but well he is the main character and all...and he will show his woth in the future but right now i am more exciting when the flash back is over and how will kazuya react to the truth about the death of her parents and how he was born? :batoto_021:

to those who are bore or hate kazuya i think you guys forgot how much you love this manga so go and reread and you remember why you loved it. well i also understand if you guys still hate this manga but well all people are not the same...what you hate, someone love it. :batoto_010:

the least character i like is kazuya's grandfather and his ways but sometimes i also like his new methods he uses. :batoto_013:

"News always Better" :batoto_011:

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long

i don't like thoes who insult kazuya..yeah i know he doesn't do much but well he is the main character and all...and he will show his woth in the future but right now i am more exciting when the flash back is over and how will kazuya react to the truth about the death of her parents and how he was born?

1) It's the fact that Kazuya was centered as the main character that makes his uselessness frustrating. If he didn't whine or cry a river almost every time he's in the spotlight, there wouldn't be som many complaints
2) He's gonna react the way he always does: cry, bitch, forgive, forget
3) I don't insult him (Kazuya), I point out the trend that IDY has stuck to for a while: TNA 90%, plot 9%, and character development 1%. Freezing had potential, it really did. But IDY decided, "screw interesting characters and engaging story, I'm joining the TNA bandwagon if it's the last thing I do!"

Edited by MrAnarchist, 20 May 2015 - 05:00 PM.

So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

max0611

max0611

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

i know in the end he's gonna forgive and bitch and etc...but you never know, he might just suprise you.

the best thing about this world(manga world) when you least except it will happend.

sorry for bad english.doing the best i can just like kazuya.

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

i know in the end he's gonna forgive and bitch and etc...but you never know, he might just suprise you.
the best thing about this world(manga world) when you least except it will happend.
sorry for bad english.doing the best i can just like kazuya.

If he was doing the best he can then he wouldn't sit on his hands twirling his thumbs and being the whiny spectator who goes "why is the home team losing? They're so much better!"
Seriously, there are FAR more better character, MAIN characters at that, who are better than Kazuya. Whether you like him or not, don't fool yourself thinking he's not that bad of a character because I haven't seen a MC more useless than him in a while

Also, the fact that the Worf Effect is used so frequently is just infuriating. If it was done once and a while then I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it, but for fucks sake it's repeated endlessly!

Edited by MrAnarchist, 21 May 2015 - 12:30 AM.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

max0611

max0611

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

i don't know if i'm right or not but from what i can pick up from you is it that you give up hope,right? are you saying that you'r droping this manga? if not then why are you still reading this manga?

i for one have not given up hope and i NEVER WILL.

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

i don't know if i'm right or not but from what i can pick up from you is it that you give up hope,right? are you saying that you'r droping this manga? if not then why are you still reading this manga?
i for one have not given up hope and i NEVER WILL.

I've given hope on a lot of things. Equality and fair treatment among all Homo sapiens, the world agreeing that hatred for ethnics and religion is stupid, the filthy fucking rich gaining the decency to share larger pieces of their money cakes to appreciate those who helped bake it, and politicians of the USA remembering that the world does not consist of Anglo-Saxon Christians who refer the gun as the greatest tool mankind has invented are all things I know will never happen and thus are the nails that keep my faith in humanity in its coffin.

Sorry for the rant. Anyway, I'm not dropping this and I keep reading it because when I ignore the TNA and the worthless bitch whose the main character, the story is decent and the concept is a nice touch. But the flaws are too numerous and recently it's just been bullshit after bullshit. I would drop this manga if I DIDN'T have hope that it would come crashing down hard. Oh the optimism, how the gathering of testosterone laughs at it.

Edited by MrAnarchist, 21 May 2015 - 04:50 AM.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

max0611

max0611

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

some years ago i didn't know what the manga is when i found out about manga, Freezing was on of the very afew ones i was interested in. to sum up this was one of the mangas that show me the beauty of manga.

i'm in love with this manga."past, present, future"

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

some years ago i didn't know what the manga is when i found out about manga, Freezing was on of the very afew ones i was interested in. to sum up this was one of the mangas that show me the beauty of manga.
i'm in love with this manga."past, present, future"

My first was Berserk.

...I only recomend it if you don't mind excessive blood and gore. I'm not kidding, it's gruesome.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

max0611

max0611

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

i read first 2 volume of it but it is very much gruesome, i need a little light. but thank you very much.

GodricKharg

GodricKharg

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 87 posts
  • LocationNorth of Niagara Falls... Someplace...

i read first 2 volume of it but it is very much gruesome, i need a little light. but thank you very much.

i don't like thoes who insult kazuya..yeah i know he doesn't do much but well he is the main character and all...and he will show his woth in the future but right now i am more exciting when the flash back is over and how will kazuya react to the truth about the death of her parents and how he was born? :batoto_021:
to those who are bore or hate kazuya i think you guys forgot how much you love this manga so go and reread and you remember why you loved it. well i also understand if you guys still hate this manga but well all people are not the same...what you hate, someone love it. :batoto_010:
the least character i like is kazuya's grandfather and his ways but sometimes i also like his new methods he uses. :batoto_013:
"News always Better" :batoto_011:

He doesn't do much? Let's see... He gives satellizer a limiter, himself. He can use freezing without baptism so he can basically work with anyone he wants to or needs to.

He is gengo's grandson. (Something he doesn't use in his favour and basically only mentions a couple times. More like WTF are you doing gramps, or "hey my grandfather Aio Gengo wants to meet you."

He shows he can be a man and leave the past in the past. He supports his partner endlessly.

He brings back Kathy, satellizer, and it appears he brings back Cassandra and others from Nova mode. Satellizer he does this multiple times.

He saves the holy remains at least once from Nova attack by activating his freezing.

So kazuya is a bit player.. I don't think so.

Spoiler

Yes, it is gruesome, and full of abuse. Not sure would be a good story otherwise.

However I wonder where he shrinks are to evaluate those that join genetics and chevalier

Edited by GodricKharg, 09 June 2015 - 01:50 PM.

I write fanfiction
https://www.fanfiction.net/~godrickharg
3 SEKIREI stories
1 Nisekoi short oneshot
1 freezing x Sekirei crossover

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

Yes, it is gruesome, and full of abuse. Not sure would be a good story otherwise.

The story can hold out on its own without the gore. The Golden Age arc is essentially about ambition, along with its the risks and consequences. The Black Sowrdsman arc is an introduction, nothing much there I'll admit, but it was satisfying to see the Count die afterwards, even more so after reading the Golden Age arc. Everything that follows is character and story development. The gore is on the side, acting as a reminder of how harsh the world the story takes place is.

Let's be honest, when you take a look at the folklore that Berserk takes its inspiration from, it's not hard to see why the author made it so dark.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

GodricKharg

GodricKharg

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 87 posts
  • LocationNorth of Niagara Falls... Someplace...

The story can hold out on its own without the gore. The Golden Age arc is essentially about ambition, along with its the risks and consequences. The Black Sowrdsman arc is an introduction, nothing much there I'll admit, but it was satisfying to see the Count die afterwards, even more so after reading the Golden Age arc. Everything that follows is character and story development. The gore is on the side, acting as a reminder of how harsh the world the story takes place is.
Let's be honest, when you take a look at the folklore that Berserk takes its inspiration from, it's not hard to see why the author made it so dark.

Oops.. I thinks misquoted or misread that one? I thought it was freezing... Lol.
I write fanfiction
https://www.fanfiction.net/~godrickharg
3 SEKIREI stories
1 Nisekoi short oneshot
1 freezing x Sekirei crossover

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

Oops.. I thinks misquoted or misread that one? I thought it was freezing... Lol.

That makes sense

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

Misaka Mikoto

Misaka Mikoto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChicago

So, uh, why does Orie feel so threatened by the appearance of her husband's "sister"? 

I don't quite understand her reactions here.