Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

How will it end?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
Will Shizuku be the final girl, as most appear to think? And what'll happen with the other girls, emotionally, since they're all completely in love with Nagi? Also, is all the talk about sacrifice, that occured throughout the series, fore-shadowing or just a red herring?

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
i personally am rooting for soyoigi , i like her personality the most
Spoiler

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Unfortunately, I don't think harem ending is going to happen. :(

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts

Unfortunately, I don't think harem ending is going to happen. :(

You'd think, that as the Dragon God, he wouldn't have to live a conventional monogamous life-style, especially not on Okitsu.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

Sality

Sality

Russet Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 350 posts
I think Nagi will end with Shizuku.. because she's the first person he met when arrived on the island

TRMshadow

TRMshadow

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationThe Internet (Florida)
As much as I dislike it, I see Shizuku being the one he ends up with seeing as she is the most similar to Aoi in Ai Yori Aoshi (his previous Work)

Secretly I'm rooting for Karin the most. I want an ending different than Ai Yori Aoshi (Shizuku) and Soyogi is a little to stiff for me to see Nagi really falling in love with..... they're not the best reasons, but they're mine. Karin all the way.
Certified Grammar Nazi

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
I'm curious to see, if the first girl wins trope will ultimately apply, and if so, will it be played straight, or somehow subverted. It'll be even more interesting to see how it all plays out, should Nagi and Karin not be interrupted; we might even get a nice boat ending (I hope not).

Bagelson

Bagelson

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
I mostly root for the polygamy ending.

darksideofsilentbob

darksideofsilentbob

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA, MINNISOTA
HAREM END! please for the love of all that is echi let it be a true harem end complete with girl on girl 4 way action lol.sorry i just an old perv.

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts
the sucky way its going, i see a harem ending..

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Personally I'm rooting for Shizuku because it seemed to me that Nagi's entrance into her life impacted her the most, bringing out a personality that she had to hide from others.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

bcd051

bcd051

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMissouri
Whichever girl he accidentally impregnates will be chosen. Unless he gets all three pregnant, in which case we end up with a forced harem ending...

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts

in which case we end up with a forced harem ending...

thats what sensei had "planed all along" *evil laugher*

acolyte

acolyte

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
You think this will end with pregnancy/childbirth?
Even Ai Yori Aoshi didn't o_O

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts
getting it on with 3 horny girls without a care about protection.. I guess only in a manga none will get pregnant ^.^

And please ai yori aoshi is a different kind of manga all together.. I see no merit of even trying to compare one with the other.. just because they are the same author.

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed
i hope he ends up with Shizuku or with an harem ending. But the way the manga is going he might pick another girl :(

Klapaucius

Klapaucius

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNivlheim

Personally I'm rooting for Shizuku because it seemed to me that Nagi's entrance into her life impacted her the most, bringing out a personality that she had to hide from others.

I agree with you, meeting a stranger meant that she got a rare opportunity to remove her mask and act like a normal girl. Her whole life has been about this maiden business, she has never been able to act normally at all. The other two has had more of a normal life, especially Karin. Of course that means that Shizuku also is the one of them that has the most to lose, her whole life so far has been a preparation for this. Could be a big blow for her if it`s all for nothing.
Can`t say I`m a big fan of all this religious stuff, where the girls are indoctrinated from very young to be almost like vestales, only thankfully without the thirty-year chastity vow ( would be very counterproductive here XD).
So although I really like the Karin character, I`m all for a Shizuku ending, which I`m confident will happen. He`s now missed the mark twice, I predict third time lucky. Not a big surprise to me that Shizuku was the last girl out.

Edited by Klapaucius, 03 February 2012 - 07:13 PM.

Ego ne baptizo in nomine christi, sed nomine diaboli

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
You pretty much well summarized by point over there. hmm but it's still sympathizing with Shizuku rather than giving a reason why she's best for him. But I still happen to like her as a character the best.

Klapaucius

Klapaucius

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNivlheim

You pretty much well summarized by point over there. hmm but it's still sympathizing with Shizuku rather than giving a reason why she's best for him. But I still happen to like her as a character the best.

Sure, I wouldn`t bother to post if I didn`t sympathize with at least some of the characters. Good luck trying to find neutral posts in here XD. Wish is the father of thought. I happen to like both Shizuku and Karin (not so much Soyogi), but I think Karin would match best to me personally, if I was 2-D.
Now I don`t think any of the girls are bad for him, but if I remember correctly ( a long time since I read it), he and Shizuku "clicked" immediately when they met the first time, and found a good "tone" faster than when he met the other girls. I`m not talking about love at first sight (urgh..), but as long as they both could act naturally, they seemed like a good match. I won`t even mention the "first girl" clichè and all that.
It also depends on what Nagi really is going to do in the future. If he`s going for a life as a "god", then it might be a good move for him to choose the one maiden who is already regarded as a "goddess" (or he could go for the harem, I hope not). On the other hand, if he refuses that and moves away from the island, he might want to "save" her as well. After all his mother was a maiden who left for Tokyo, a bit of background story about his parents would be nice, but the mangaka probably wants to wait with that until near the end.

Edited by Klapaucius, 03 February 2012 - 08:22 PM.

Ego ne baptizo in nomine christi, sed nomine diaboli

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
I'm not sure if a harem is even allowed in their religious customs, why wouldn't they have offered that choice in the first place? It's kind of hard to see the story suddenly ending here though if he's forced to make a final decision the next day.