Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

account blocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Guest_cocbit_von_Kartoffel

• Guests
Hello

I write here because i am not getting answers to my emails sent to support.

I created an account and it has been blocked without even writing a single post. I know that i did nothing wrong because i was unable to even write my first post. I was writing it and when i finished it and clicked the post button a message saying that the account was disabled appeared.

I think that this at least deserves an explanation and i dont think that even not answering my emails is the right way to treat your users.

So i write here to ask what happened and why

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...

The account in question was reported as a spam bot earlier this morning.

If you sent e-mails to [email protected], we just need to wait a while for the admins to take action. As of now, even I don't have access to your account. 

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

• Guests
Wow, it is incredible that i was reported as a bot doing nothing but filling part of my profile

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

Excuse my intrusion, but your account was created 14 hours ago. It was blocked some time after that.

In your post you say, I quote, "i am not getting answers to my emails sent to support". This leads me to believe you are expecting answers within a span of couple of hours. This is very doubtful to happen. Please give it at least a few days, preferably a week.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

Guest_Guest_von_Kartoffel

Guest_Guest_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests
The account was blocked in a few minutes after creating it, i was unable to write my first post wich i wrote with my tablet a few minutes after creating it.

So this is not a couple of hours, even more, if you were so fast to block it with me doing nothing wrong, of course i expect it to be fixed the same way.
I have registered in multiple forums since internet exists and i never saw something like that.
Blocking someone in a few minutes without even letting him to write a single post, doesnt seem to be the best way to do things.

Finally, i write through my tablet and as i dont have a keyboard it makes me to do a lot of efforts to write a large post, so how do you expect that i have to feel after that wasted time? Think about how you would feel in the same situation

seyrine

seyrine

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts

It was a user-generated report, which mean a member of the community reported the account as a possible spam bot. And I can't even find logs about the banning, so I really have to wait for someone. I don't even know who banned you in the first place.

It's out of my hands, sorry. :(

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

This was the point of my post, to try to amend your unrealistic expectations.

As seyrine mentioned, only the administrator can help you in this situation, and therefore a bit more patience would be required of you. Your account was not blocked just out of boredom. A report was filled in and a member of the staff acted accordingly and did his/her job. A mistake might have happened, which I do apologize about.

Anyway, I am starting to repeat seyrine, which is why I am going to shut up now.

Edited by 101010, 20 May 2013 - 01:14 PM.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

• Guests
Hello again seyrine.

Dont worry. It is not your fault at all.

You did what it is expected. You answered about my concerns even if you can do nothing about it.

My last post was to reply to 101010 wich i didnt saw as polite as yours.

I appreciate a lot that you answered to me and the way you did. I only need to wait until things are solved.

I also suggest you (the batotto staff) to improve the system to prevent that kind of things happening, as it is outside all logic that someone can be blocked without a reason neither an explanation.

Kind regards

seyrine

seyrine

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts

Issue resolved. Closing thread.