Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

spoilers up to chapter 56, WK powers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

fawn

fawn

Potato

• Members
  • 167 posts

http://vatoto.com/read/_/163796/yamada-and-the-seven-witches_ch53_by_mahou-x/21' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> http://vatoto.com/read/_/163796/yamada-and-the-seven-witches_ch53_by_mahou-x/21

My main question: What do you think the other witch killer power(s) are?

Personally, I think that there are 7 witch killers to match with the 7 witches, so there are probably 5 powers left.

the 2 powers we have seen:

-copy
how it works- Yamada (witch killer) kisses Girl1 (witch), Yamada gains Girl1's power. Girl1 is affected by Yamada's (literally) magical kiss.

-steal
how it works- Tamaki (witch killer) kisses Girl1 (witch),
Tamaki gains the witch power, Girl1 loses the power permanently.
Girl1 might also be affected by Tamaki's magical kiss, so Tamaki might be invisible to Asuka Mikoto (yandere girl who used to have invisibility) now.

I think other powers might include:
-transfer
how it works- 'Boy1 (witch killer) kisses Girl1 (witch), Girl1 loses the power. If 'Boy1' then kisses Person1 (a random person) -> Person1 gets the witch power but Boy1 loses the power (Person1 might or might not be affected by Boy1's power)

Example of how transfer power works: If Boy1 kisses Nene, Nene doesn't have the power anymore, (she might or might not be in love with Boy1 after the kiss), if Boy1 then kisses Person1, Person1 now has the love ability (Person1 might or might not be in love with Boy1)

-delete
how it works- Boy1 (witch killer) kisses Girl1 (witch), Girl1 loses the power, but Boy1 also doesn't get the power;

(a random girl then gets the deleted power: http://vatoto.com/read/_/166899/yamada-and-the-seven-witches_ch56_by_mahou-x/12)

Example of how delete power works: If Boy1 kisses Nene, Nene doesn't have the power anymore. A random girl becomes the new 'love' witch.

-reverse
how it works- Boy1 (witch killer) kisses Girl1 (witch), Girl1 is affected by the power, but Boy1 does not gain the power.

Example of how reverse power works: if Boy1 kisses Nene (love witch), Nene falls in love with Boy1. Nothing else changes. Nene is still a witch, Boy1 is still a 'relatively' normal person.

I thought about a few other possible witch killer powers like 'counter' (witch killer gains witch powers, but witch killer is also affected by the witch power), but they don't really make sense to me.

Edited by fawn, 17 May 2013 - 07:06 AM.

Thurhame

Thurhame

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

I prefer to think of them as "outside" the Seven. But I would like to see more of them.

Also, Tamaki called his power "witch killer" because it made the target no longer a witch. He doesn't apply the term to Yamada's power. For a general term, I think "majo tsukai" would be more appropriate. Unfortunately, it doesn't translate into English (at least not without unfortunate implications), so your mileage may vary.