Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Story taking a slightly darker turn?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

I've been noticing that since about half way through the manga so far (started around chapter 24 or so, nao's dream.), the story is taking a slightly darker undertone.  I was just wondering if anyone else had that feeling from reading so far.  That, and I had forgotten just how much this manga makes me laugh...  Haven't read it in months.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Oh, definitely.  At the beginning it's basically a gag manga, but then the characters develop some, more side characters appear and it starts exploring the whole cat existence thing a bit more.  There are places where it gets downright melancholy--never quite tragic maybe, but certainly wistful and sad.

Rakurai Amatsu

Rakurai Amatsu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I have caught up to chapter 53 but I dont think it has taken a complete turn to such a dark manga, they seem to have their sad moments though but then the next chapter they are sort of joking around again. It seems to me its just one of those touch an go things the mangaka is doing, similar to sora no otoshimono though recently that has gone from extremely funny with a lot of joking around to deep dark tragedy story

Lesamuen

Lesamuen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I think it's great that the story is beginning to develop a plot, definitely adds the tense "what's gonna happen next" moments.