Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Flash Popup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

megafreak62

megafreak62

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

I was reading here, "http://vatoto.com/read/_/127712/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-3-stardust-crusaders_v12_ch114_by_ignition-one/10"

I got a pop up that said I had to update my Adobe Flash, which is suspicious in the first place, and I know I have the latest version, I backed out and reloaded the page and it hasn't shown up again but I thought I should report it because of what I read in the T&C. The pop up moved with my scrolling and I think it had a button to "download" or "ignore." It may have been in something like the old "Windows" window format. I don't think I was mousing over a side ad either.

-Scott

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

OnePunchManFan

OnePunchManFan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFollowing Saitama...

Just want to add that I've been getting this as well for the past several weeks. It loads the site with a gray background called mediaplayer-download888 dot net that has a pop-up with a button that says your flash player is old and you need to update it. I get it from anywhere from just loading the homepage to reading through manga's (various series). This sounds like one of those scam viruses so I hope you guys block this ad.

RazzMaTazz007

RazzMaTazz007

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts

If you don't want ads, pop ups i recommend using AdBlock Plus (works well with Firefox not sure about Chrome)

Before

After

Edited by RazzMaTazz007, 14 May 2013 - 05:33 AM.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

If you don't want ads, pop ups i recommend using AdBlock Plus (works well with Firefox not sure about Chrome)

Before

After

I understand your aversion to ads, but do try to refrain from advertising adblock. Sites like Batoto use them to pay for their servers, and servers are not cheap while ads are (possibly $0.004 per ad viewed, if you're lucky)

As for the OP, I've had a couple issues the last week or two related to ads as well, though not this exact one. I'll be sure to post here if I see it.

EDIT: thanks Laurens D :) It was almost 5am after a night with no sleep when I wrote that >.<

Edited by Daktyl198, 14 May 2013 - 03:04 PM.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

I understand your aversion to ads, but do try to refrain from advertising adblock. Sites like Batoto use them to pay for their servers, and servers are not cheap while ads are (possibly $0.004 per ad clicked, if you're lucky)

As for the OP, I've had a couple issues the last week or two related to ads as well, though not this exact one. I'll be sure to post here if I see it.

per view, not click, per click is mostly 10 cent or up, most of the time.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Just got it. The full url is:

I give that for Grumps to block: all normal people do refrain from visiting it -.-'

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

OnePunchManFan

OnePunchManFan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts

Cool, thanks! ...But it seems like they have a new one. It's the exact same thing; different URL:

Spoiler

Sociopath Espher

Sociopath Espher

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAbove the clouds

Before

After

We are trying to keep the ad up while ignoring it , since we're trying to help with their sever's fee 

Also nowaday , seems like there new types of ad keep popping up ? also there's sound ad sometime on the Homnepage of batoto too (it's was an ad about Shampoo , i'm living in Vietnam ...(the sound ad is vietnamese ) ) i'll try to get the link the next time i encounter it 

The power of thy Incesity is beyond my Retribution.

The power of thy Incesity shall be our alternative salvation! XD

Rin "Kratos" Kokonoe

(From Mangafox's Forum)

Me gusta

RoflCat

RoflCat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

Just got one, claiming my Java needs update

the url was fiftydownload.info something.

OnePunchManFan

OnePunchManFan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts

Man, it seems like I'm a magnet for these things. Got another one:

Spoiler

UPDATE May 21:

Got another one... Er, make that two. Three!

Spoiler

Edited by OnePunchManFan, 21 May 2013 - 12:21 PM.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

New URL: turning8.info/lps/

achae

achae

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

5/23/2013 I have gotten two notices I needed to install  flash player from your site today. Both times I shut the browser down rather than risk clicking the ad page.   Since I have flash player installed and and, I checked, it is up to date, I am assuming this is an attack ad.  I just thought I would let you know it is still infesting your site.  I have been very happy with this reader and I would hate to have to stop visiting or use adblock. I hope you can get this tracked down and sorted in good order.  I am using firefox 20.0.1, which I will be updating shortly, and windows 8.

OnePunchManFan

OnePunchManFan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts

Another one:

hxxp://softingo.com/nlp/e/avazuinc/free_media_player?p1=1&utm_source=avazuinc&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=1&utm_content=free_media_player&p3=1490473029

Goes to a media player download site instead of a flash update site. Still annoying though.

UPDATE:

It happened again and this time I saw it loaded one page but then redirected to this one: hxxp://softingo.com/nlp/e/avazuinc/vlc?p1=1&utm_source=avazuinc&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=1&utm_content=vlc&p3=1490627970

I'll try to see if I can get the redirect if it happens again.

UPDATE (6/5/2013):

hxxp://related8.info/lps/flvupdate.php?campaignid=9842176&czid=YXZhenU5ODQyMTc2MQ==&subid=lax1CLqF3suAnqm3FhACGJ2z4OyszrmgTyIOMjQuMTg5LjEzNi4yMTYoAQ..&pubid=&lang=en&at=0

Edited by OnePunchManFan, 06 June 2013 - 12:23 AM.

OnePunchManFan

OnePunchManFan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts

Stil happening:

hxxp://related8.info/lps/flvupdate.php?campaignid=4854812&czid=YXZhenU0ODU0ODEyMQ==&subid=nym1CL-ZoOiS8K37FhACGM20jdWCudDqEigB&pubid=&lang=en&at=0

OnePunchManFan

OnePunchManFan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts

hxxp://plenty8.info/lps/flvupdate.php?campaignid=4854812&czid=YXZhenU0ODU0ODEyMQ==&subid=lax1CLqam8eSu8GXARACGOLFxLGtr6yGeyIOMjQuMTg5LjEzNi4yMTYoAQ..&pubid=&lang=en&at=0

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
Can we please switch to this thread?

Keeping everything in one place will help Grumpy to sort through it.