Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Fairy Tail Best!

fairy tail fairy tail best rerun フェアリーテイルBEST!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

Fairy Tail Best is already out. At far as I know the first two is out xD. There is raw-japanese and spanish subbed~by fan group but ep one has been subbed.It is an re-run starting from ep 1 (began on April 4th). The change in anime for the high Quality,effects and maybe some other extra features.  The anime catches up with the manga pretty well. There is two theory/rumors going around saying that  maybe the re-run (1) is for the manga to get ahead since it won't be long for the anime to catch up  (2) because the voice actress Aya Hirano, voice actress of Lucy, got into an bad scandal and it banned from the anime. 

Hiro Mashima confirmed on his Twitter page that the anime is not over, as they will be continuing the story and will be start airing around mid-September!

Speaking about the subject, Mashima wrote;

"The anime was close to the manga in terms of story. We decided to stop the anime in order for the manga to progress in the Grand Magic Games more".

He later wrote;

"The anime will start airing once Fairy Tail moves onto it's new story arc. I hope you enjoy the new story I have planned".

Know that next sequel, they will need to look for an voice actress who have the same voice as Aya since it is confirmed she is Banned from the anime regardless if the reason behind the anime pausing is.

Note: I am lacking a lot of details but this is very general summary. For this thread is for all the Fairy tail Fans to share what they know of the anime and their thoughts of it. Anyone can extend the explanations and details.

Edited by NyaulaWander, 23 April 2013 - 03:56 PM.

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure

Well this is a strange decision , Hirano's crap was over an year ago and she wasnt banned , its just nobody would offer her new jobs. For that FT was her last leading role left. Its nice they are doing a re-run until the manga progresses a huge deal , i just hope they remove the fillers from it , nobody wants to see those again.

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

I don't watch the subs (I watch the eng dubs of it) but this makes me feel a hell of a lot better. I was really scared that the anime would be over for good after all that hoping the anime and manga would go on like one piece and such but then when I saw that the anime ended it was such a shock.

but yes!!!

Nothing more to worry about!

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Ugghhh, the filler eps, that's exactly what turned me off of the anime version........I mean it was like the third or fourth episode and already they were putting fillers in it. Loved the story in the manga (up to a point, what can I say?) but intentionally stretching something out with filler content just ruins the continuity of the story and the character development for me. 

I'll have to give the FT Best a try, thanks for the heads-up :D

oh yeah, and what was the "scandal"??? O_O

(I love scandals :D)

Edited by svines85, 23 April 2013 - 10:29 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Eh, I loved all of the episodes of fairy tail (all the dubbed episodes they released that is) just wish they'd release season 2 already. D;

I'm wonder what the scandal was personally I love Aya Hirano.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure

She killed the dreams of her otaku creeps , by saying she isnt a pure sweet girl , what else.

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

She killed the dreams of her otaku creeps , by saying she isnt a pure sweet girl , what else.

Ahhhh, well, yeah, kinda figured it had to have something to do with sex........

Tn7HA0h.png

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.

From bakaanimus blog:

capture-20130426-160318_zps09b0f3d5.png

Don't mind the last part because it's not a question anymore if she is still in or out. But seriously, I thought the reason she is completely banned now is because of her association with drugs which was the rumor from way back then. But it seems she made herself more a disgrace.

I honestly love her voice, especially in the anime Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's just too sad. Nevertheless, I am happy to hear FT is still having its anime.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

^^ Holy cow, no kidding? Wow, I'd wondered about the whole Japanese "celebrity scandal" thing from a few depictions in manga.....I just assumed those depictions were being intentionally over-blown a little bit for dramatic effect.............I guess not. Of course I'm thinking along American lines, something like what's described probably wouldn't even be a scandal here......heck, maybe not even "real news"  worthy.  

Tn7HA0h.png

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

In our country, scandals like that also won't make one's career chaos. They'll get the spotlight and become the talk of the crowd where different thoughts and criticisms will be thrown but they'll still remain in the industry afterwards. I guess Japanese are really conservative (?) Either way, it really ruined her sweet image.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Hohoho, So aya is a wild and crazy girl, eh?

I love her even more now, Hahah!

But oh well, I watch the english dubs so I don't have to concern myself with one of my favorite anime(s) losing its voice.

xD

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

So you're the kind who loves the bad ones. xD

Now that you've mentioned it, you are actually having no worries about this issue. Haha! But still, a great loss, she is. :o

I've been used of hearing Lucy's voice in her stead, I hope they'll choose someone who's not that far from Aya's voice but it won't change the fact that it'll give off a feeling of unnatural.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Now that you've mentioned it, you are actually having no worries about this issue. Haha! But still, a great loss, she is. :o

I've been used of hearing Lucy's voice in her stead, I hope they'll choose someone who's not that far from Aya's voice but it won't change the fact that it'll give off a feeling of unnatural.

I've just got to say, generally speaking, I personally prefer the original voices on my anime with sub-titles as opposed to dubbed versions........almost always. I just feel like it gives a much more accurate idea of the original intent and feelings they were originally trying to convey in the work. So many english dubs seem to greatly alter the original intent that was in the dialogue. Not just the actual words, but the way they're delivered. And yeah, also the original voice actor/actress, if only because so many times (to me at least) the english ones just seem totally unsuited to the characters. 

Tn7HA0h.png

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Haha yea, I love the rebelious wild ones, especially the kind where you would least expect to be wild and such like Aya! xD

But yea, I have no worries about the issue because the only time I hear her in the animes is the opening and ending theme songs since I watch the dubs, those theme songs are how I came to love her music. Especially the songs she done for Haruhi Suzumiya.

But like people like continuity in animes with the same voice actors (wiith the subbed version originals), I'm the same way with the english dub voice actors. Case in point with Bleach where they wouldn't pay up with David Lodge (Who Voiced Kenpachi Zaraki in bleach and Jiraiya in naruto) and they just replaced him. His voice is flawless, Kenpachi isn't the same without Lodge voicing him. It took me sometime to get used to the new voice actor but I still don't like it. It's also like shakugan no shona where the first season was dubbed by one company then they turned it over to funimation (whom I love) but instead of doing it with the same voice actors or redubbing the first season, they just picked their own voice actors and dubbed the 2nd season, the ovas and the final season. Its just weird and uncomfortable to watch the first season then turn on the next season with totally different voices. Some animes can get away with it because the new voice actors voices are close to the originals.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

I've just got to say, generally speaking, I personally prefer the original voices on my anime with sub-titles as opposed to dubbed versions........almost always. I just feel like it gives a much more accurate idea of the original intent and feelings they were originally trying to convey in the work. So many english dubs seem to greatly alter the original intent that was in the dialogue. Not just the actual words, but the way they're delivered. And yeah, also the original voice actor/actress, if only because so many times (to me at least) the english ones just seem totally unsuited to the characters. 

I do also prefer the original Japanese voice over, however there are cases that I enjoy the dubbed version more compared to the other one. Like for example Pokemon, I really find the dubbed one much cool since I first saw it aired in television, english dubbed, back when I was a kid. The circumstance made me cling to the dubbed one because that's how I first watched it. But I do as well believe and agree to your point that there are dubs that doesn't really "fit" with over all characters and delivery. I can point the anime Detective Conan and Full metal Panic english dubbed as the basis for that.

As for Fairy Tail, I stick watching it in sub so Aya's voice really mark the over all character of Lucy to me. I have no idea who will they replace to her, but I think Chihara Minori will be fine. I just based it from how she sings though, it has, a little bit, of Aya's vibe. xD

Haha yea, I love the rebelious wild ones, especially the kind where you would least expect to be wild and such like Aya! xD

But yea, I have no worries about the issue because the only time I hear her in the animes is the opening and ending theme songs since I watch the dubs, those theme songs are how I came to love her music. Especially the songs she done for Haruhi Suzumiya.

But like people like continuity in animes with the same voice actors (wiith the subbed version originals), I'm the same way with the english dub voice actors. Case in point with Bleach where they wouldn't pay up with David Lodge (Who Voiced Kenpachi Zaraki in bleach and Jiraiya in naruto) and they just replaced him. His voice is flawless, Kenpachi isn't the same without Lodge voicing him. It took me sometime to get used to the new voice actor but I still don't like it. It's also like shakugan no shona where the first season was dubbed by one company then they turned it over to funimation (whom I love) but instead of doing it with the same voice actors or redubbing the first season, they just picked their own voice actors and dubbed the 2nd season, the ovas and the final season. Its just weird and uncomfortable to watch the first season then turn on the next season with totally different voices. Some animes can get away with it because the new voice actors voices are close to the originals.

Omg. I so love Aya's songs in Haruhi Suzumiya as well. And I do have this thinking that Aya Hirano is completely the real personification of Haruhi Suzumiya. With Aya gone in anime industry, I feel like Haruhi Suzumiya is also gone for eternity. :/

So either way, changes in voice actors really have an impact, will it be the original japanese or the dubbed one. It still gives off an awkward and irritating sense, only a little chance that the viewers really embraced in time the changes. (e.g Korgoro Mouri's voice actor, japanese one, was changed in episodes 500 + if I correctly remember.. it really is bothersome. I can't enjoy Kogoro Mouri's chaarcter anymore) For sure it will be the same when it comes to the new voice actress for Lucy's character.

Edited by αɖα- ɕɧαɲ, 08 May 2013 - 11:09 AM.

Mew :3

Mew :3

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

asdjkgsdgsgnsdgnlsdf faily tail.

Miki

Miki

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationIn the trash....

Good news,

Fairy tail is coming back in April :3

But I still wonder will there be a difference between the new voice actor of Lucy and Aya

tumblr_mj1tf4Zx0V1s6wcafo1_500.gif                             tumblr_nda9f1laEv1s74qeso2_250.png

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Good news,

Fairy tail is coming back in April :3

But I still wonder will there be a difference between the new voice actor of Lucy and Aya

There is no new voice actor.

It's been confirmed, Aya Hirano IS returning to voice Lucy in the sequel.

I was shocked myself given the scandal she was wrapped up and them saying she was done but apparentely things changed and she's returning. So that's great news for those who watch the subbed version of fairy tail.

Though I watch subs, I only watch animes that dont have dubs and that aren't dubbed all the way, I only watch the dubbed version of fairy tail.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler