Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

War?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Kreian

Kreian

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

what do you guys think of the north and south korea situation

http://abcnews.go.com/International/south-korea-bracing-north-korean-missile-test-anytime/story?id=18921030#.UWX_y7UT-So

Edited by Pollito, 11 April 2013 - 12:28 AM.

tumblr_m792o1vknh1qj0scwo6_250.gif

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

I'm not to sure... (I sure have seen quite a handful of memes about this though)

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

Mistake

Mistake

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 658 posts

WHY IS THERE NO THREAD ABOUT THE DEATH OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR, MARGARET THATCHER

m0t0man

m0t0man

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationThe interwebs

Why not throw in Roger Ebert?  Who is going to tell me if a movie is thumbs up or down now?  and dont tell me rotten tomato either....

In all seriousness though, I think they are just barking up a storm to get respect like all the other analyists are saying.  New leader, growing distrust in new leader from the people and military.  Lets cause a shit storm to gain the trust again.  It will end badly no matter what they do, missile launch or not.

Edited by m0t0man, 11 April 2013 - 01:00 AM.

Mistake

Mistake

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 658 posts

Why not throw in Roger Ebert?  Who is going to tell me if a movie is thumbs up or down now?  and dont tell me rotten tomato either....

In all seriousness though, I think they are just barking up a storm to get respect like all the other analyists are saying.  New leader, growing distrust in new leader from the people and military.  Lets cause a shit storm to gain the trust again.  It will end badly no matter what they do, missile launch or not.

Well that Roeper guy is still alive.

And the yeah N. Korea has been known to make big claims to force the USA to give them more aid and food, but this time it's diiiffffereenttt. They broke off their armistice with South Korea. Like you said, it's going to end bad for the North, but Orange County might just come out of it unscathed so you don't have to worry about me!

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

Honestly, I'd like to see them try.

Mistake

Mistake

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 658 posts

Honestly, I'd like to see them try.

HEY MISTER, THE PHILIPPINES ARE WITHIN RANGE OF KIM JONG UN'S MIGHTY MISSILES 

You should like 1. Check your privilege 2. Be afraid

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha

Kim Jong Un is really young so I think he's all talk for now. But if he does make the rookie mistake of launching the missiles to try to make North Korea look so hardxcore, then they're gonna miss who ever they're trying to hit and hit another country by accident because their technology sucks a million dicks. Then everyone, except the country that got hit, will laugh their asses off before going HAM on North Korea. The end.

EDIT: Oh yeah, plus their GDP is like $40 billion. There's just no way they can fund a war cause a lot of developed countries have military budgets wayyyy over $40 billion. Just based on the principle that they are poor as shit, I'm positive that trying to fight anyone would be suicide for North Korea.

Edited by Kannade, 11 April 2013 - 01:21 AM.

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

Well, what we know for sure is that if they really go to war they will get their ass kicked, that's not really the problem here. The problem is that before "losing" they'll launch their missiles and make casualties.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Probaly something like this will happen:

Jong-Un.jpg

in all seriousness, nothing will happen at all, im not taking him seriously

aovnZo7.png

Phil777

Phil777

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Welp, as far as my intelligence about this goes, NK has only enough ressources to specialize in two fields : artillery and special forces. Both of which are not enough to win a war. At most they might damage Seoul, but that's about it. =/ Their advance would run out of steam QUITE quickly if they ever set foot in SK.

Also, China will not counterattack as long as SK and the US do not step into NK, and they will not defend NK IF it ventures in SK. =/ They're only interested in looking after their own butts, not making up for the shortcomings of NK. =/

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

What the DPRK is trying to do, at least the way I see it, is to provoke its enemies into firing the "first" shot. They will set the missiles' trajectory dangerously close to a potential target, which will then scare the button-pushers to shoot it down. Then they will us this as an excuse to wage an offensive, claiming unfair treatment on not being allowed a proper "test launch".  They'll claim that the ones who shot down their missiles are the aggressors (probably ROK, US or Japan.) because of their shooting down of the missile, and their military build-up. 

But we all know they're not fooling anyone. Not even China will tolerate their warmongering. The PRC is actually getting tired of babysitting NK. It's like a friend who keeps freeloading on your guest room, and who's been giving you almost nothing but headaches.

Angelo.

Angelo.

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • Locationsleeping on a cloud

i hope there is a war!!!! kill each other and then peace will be achieved!

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World

Most likely it's one of North Korea's crazy threats, to get the countries to the negotiating table. North Korea's in a serious situation with the food shortages, and well, disguised collapse of law and order.

(Anyone who's read George Orwell's 1984 will know what I meant in the last part.)

They really need food, money, and standing in the international community. It must be really painful (no really!) to think that you were once half of a country, whose other and better half churned out brands like Samsung, Hyundai, and...well making billions in the Global Economy. I mean hell, Samsung's earning profits in billions. Its profit alone is larger than about a few years worth of North Korean GDP.

The only way to get back into the picture is force the reunification. If there's reunification of the two Koreas, the people can increase their standards of living - I mean, they live unimaginable lives. Freedom of speech, expression, as much food as we want, dissent against political class- the list of things we can take for granted goes on.

If they re-unify, Korea as a country will see prosperity of untold measure. Technology and Manpower have often been at odds; no country except maybe China has ever come close to this. Any country that has advanced technology and abundant (affordable) manpower has flourished beyond wildest dreams.

But, if Korea reunifies, we will see Korea as an Economic Superpower on the level of G-7.

Also, for anyone interested, a former North Korean Camp prisoner tells his tale. Be warned, the link/spoiler contains disturbing content and images. View at discretion.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/real-life/survivor-north-korean-death-camp-1814278

For those who don't want to click the link:

Spoiler

Phil777

Phil777

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMontréal

well shit... That story isn't for the faint of heart, and really shows how demented NK's regime is.

Mistake

Mistake

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 658 posts

well shit... That story isn't for the faint of heart, and really shows how demented NK's regime is.

It reminds me of Nazi Germany era, where SS officers were given German Shepherds as puppies with the task of raising and training them. When the dogs matured, the officers were ordered to shoot and kill them without wincing or showing emotion. The Germans were conditioned to become evil, I don't get how they're leading the world in renewable energy and a bunch of other eco-friendly shit now.

Edited by Mistake, 11 April 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Phil777

Phil777

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Easy, not everyone in Germani was a Nazi at the time. =/ The average German had no idea about what Hitler was doing behind the scenes. Do keep in mind extermination camps were being disguised as "labor camps" or something. >.>

Also, inb4Godwinslaw.

Edited by Phil777, 12 April 2013 - 06:04 AM.

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

It reminds me of Nazi Germany era, where SS officers were given German Shepherds as puppies with the task of raising and training them. When the dogs matured, the officers were ordered to shoot and kill them without wincing or showing emotion. The Germans were conditioned to become evil, I don't get how they're leading the world in renewable energy and a bunch of other eco-friendly shit now.

Well every country has its dark pasts.  What Hitler did pales in comparison to what Europeans did to native Americans.  They slaughtered them like crazy.  President Andrew Jackson even had his wallet made out of a dead native American Women's breast skin as a trophy.  Interestingly Hitler actually got lot of his racism and superiority idea from America.  He actually looked up to America in certain way and their use of slavery and segregation and everything.

Phil777

Phil777

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Stay on topic please... >.>

Murdath

Murdath

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationhere.

A big fat baby playing with big fireworks, what could possibly go wrong.

No one wants to be a slave. But if you do, please email me, because I'm looking for a few good slaves.