Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Pop-under Ad. (Experimental)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

I've added a pop-under ad to ToG comic page. When you start to read something, you may get a single pop-under (it'll be behind your current window so it's not annoying like poping up in front).

I'm planning to run this ad for two days to test. End earlier if terrible. Or remove other ads if very good. See which people prefer if similar.

Things that shouldn't happen:

• You see the pop more than once. The pop ad should be limited to once per session. If you've seen it and haven't closed the browser since, you should never see it again.
  • Adult ads. This is a clear no-no. If you see this, please let me know here.
  • Virus/malware. Again, this is a clear no-no. If you see this, please let me know here.

Why I'm trying new ad formats:

• So I can center images again. lol And generally design sites without ads in mind. Pops don't really change the look of the site. 
  • Previously mentioned issues with current one (for those who have been keeping up).

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Linux: Firefox Nightly (Normal and UX) and Chromium: the ad is popping.. uh... over? the page instead of under.

I'll swith to Windows later today and try all browsers on there.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Kayley

Kayley

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationNot here.

Just out of curiosity, how would pop-under ads work on a mobile device, eg. iPod/iPhone ..?

I imagine that either the user won't notice it until they go to close all of their tabs, or their browser will just switch to the tab automatically.

(I think this'd only really affect people who are stupid enough to keep using Safari)

I personally don't use any mobile devices though lol

(I don't even read ToG <.<)

Is my sig too small now?

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Linux: Firefox Nightly (Normal and UX) and Chromium: the ad is popping.. uh... over? the page instead of under.

I'll swith to Windows later today and try all browsers on there.

Yeah, I'm getting over right now too. o.O Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Just out of curiosity, how would pop-under ads work on a mobile device, eg. iPod/iPhone ..?

I imagine that either the user won't notice it until they go to close all of their tabs, or their browser will just switch to the tab automatically.

(I think this'd only really affect people who are stupid enough to keep using Safari)

I personally don't use any mobile devices though lol

(I don't even read ToG <.<)

Quite simple really. I don't have it enabled for mobile users.

=======================

Ad disabled until I can figure out how to pop-under and not over.

Edited by Grumpy, 08 April 2013 - 01:19 PM.

Kayley

Kayley

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationNot here.

Quite simple really. I don't have it enabled for mobile users.

Ah, okay ~

Is my sig too small now?

Erra

Erra

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSweden
Hello!
I don't know if I should writes this in this thread or not but I'm going to.

I have had this problem were my playstore (android) pops up and want me to
download candy crush saga and it only happened here on batato!
Best regards Erra

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Hello!
I don't know if I should writes this in this thread or not but I'm going to.

I have had this problem were my playstore (android) pops up and want me to
download candy crush saga and it only happened here on batato!
Best regards Erra

We don't have an app. Any ads from the app are from the app and completely unrelated to us.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

We don't have an app. Any ads from the app are from the app and completely unrelated to us.

I think he was talking about when he comes here through a browser.

Is there even an app in the Play store for Batoto (unofficial)?

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Erra

Erra

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSweden
Yes what i wanted to say is when i read manga on batoto.net on my cellphone on chrome for androids my play store randomly starts and shows me that i can download candy crush saga and that's a bit irretating :)

unsinkbar2

unsinkbar2

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

windows7, firefox:

I have about ten of the "world of tanks" pop-ups per chapter (34 pages)

hotty

hotty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

Same here. Nearly every page a pop-up opens with WoT-ad.

I don't care about a pop-up here and there since I want to support this site, but this is gettin ridiculous.

Edit: This seems to be a general problem with this ad, that it opens a pop-up on almost every site, not only batoto.

A notice to the contenprovider of the ad wouldn't be a bad idea.

Edited by hotty, 16 April 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Kami

Kami

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationGermany

About how long will it take till the ads are "fixed"?

Thinking about getting an ad-blocker, because reading is painful atm...

Infset

Infset

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts

Hi,

I know Grumpy is tweaking the ads but since i got one with a frame i decided to post it here.

Umm can't upload the screenshot, i'll post the code.

<div style="display: none; padding: 0px; position: absolute; left: 787px; top: 2px; width: 12px; height: 12px; background: url(&quot;http://20398803059a4eb24329-7d6ad81262331ef1e42147bd0d1d3f44.r24.cf3.rackcdn.com/close.png&quot;) no-repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent; cursor: pointer; z-index: 10003; visibility: hidden;" id="default_close"></div><div style="background-color: transparent; display: none; padding: 0px; position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 800px; height: 0px; overflow: hidden; font: bold 9pt Tahoma; color: rgb(143, 143, 143); visibility: hidden;" id="default_adpT"><span id="default_adpTitle" style="white-space:nowrap;padding: 1px 0px 0px 3px;width:100%;position:absolute;left:0px;height:12px;"></span></div><div style="background-color: transparent; display: none; padding: 0px; position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 800px; height: 455px; border-style: inset; border-width: 0px; overflow: hidden; font: 8pt Verdana; color: rgb(143, 143, 143); visibility: hidden;" id="default_adpC"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="455" width="800">	<tbody><tr>		<td bgcolor="#cecece" height="15"></td>	</tr>	<tr>		<td bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top">			<iframe src="http://cdn.hyperpromote.com/showp2mslc1.html?bvgeocode=PT&amp;bvlocationcode=827870_953308&amp;bvcategoryid=7" style="z-index:2;" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" height="440" scrolling="No" width="800"></iframe>		</td>	</tr></tbody></table></div>