Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Coffee talk -- for occasional and habitual coffee drinkers

coffee

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

pantsu

pantsu

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

What's your average daily consumption of coffee? What's your favorite kind, way to brew it, etc? 

I'm pretty dependent on coffee, and have trouble focusing without it. I'm fairly immune to caffeine effects too, so I have to take in copious and unhealthy amounts of coffee before anything happens (usually around four cups to start)... that's a lot of urine. 

I usually brew using my french press, but when stuff needs to get done, I go drink "liquid cocaine" from Starbucks. 

I also take my coffee black. Not going to make a joke about how I like my men here...

Lalbutt

Lalbutt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationMoving Castle

I just toss some instant coffee in my cereal if I'm sleepy

>_>

<_<

pantsu

pantsu

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

I just toss some instant coffee in my cereal if I'm sleepy

>_>

<_<

REALLY? D: 

Edited by pantsu, 01 April 2013 - 07:48 AM.

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...
4-5 cups on average. :D

I've actually trained as a barista, so I make the meanest coffee I know (lol).
I usually make my coffee manually; funnels, sieve and spoons. That's only because I hate washing up.

And I'm pretty immune to caffeine too, so I just drink coffee for the experience and not the buzz. XD

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

pantsu

pantsu

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

4-5 cups on average. :D

We may die early of heart palpitations. lol

seyrine

seyrine

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts

We may die early of heart palpitations. lol

I'm sure we'd die of old (and I do mean really old) age before that happens. :D
You'd actually have to drink around 40 cups a day to even approach dangerous caffeine blood levels. But I bet you and I can drink more than 40 cups a day if we can... hehehe

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Lalbutt

Lalbutt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationMoving Castle

Weirdo caffeine addicts >_>

But no seyyyy don't dieeeeeee D;

seyrine

seyrine

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts

Weirdo caffeine addicts >_>

But no seyyyy don't dieeeeeee D;

lol lal, don't you know. Coffee (and cats) make the interwebs work. Just what do you think fuels all those programmers, developers and IT staff?

I won't die. :) I'll just be really, really f'ed up without coffee. ;)

Kayley

Kayley

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationNot here.

I usually have, on average, 3-4 cups a day :I

But, I just can't stand coffee without a decent amount of sugar, and we ran out yesterday .-.

Is my sig too small now?

pantsu

pantsu

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

I won't die. :) I'll just be really, really f'ed up without coffee. ;)

Hahaha I agree with that last part. My life without coffee would pretty much be no life at all...

seyrine

seyrine

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts

I usually have, on average, 3-4 cups a day :I

But, I just can't stand coffee without a decent amount of sugar, and we ran out yesterday .-.

You're almost at our level... Keep training, and you'll eventually reach it. :D

Hahaha I agree with that last part. My life without coffee would pretty much be no life at all...

And that's why I'm proposing to rename "coffee" into "Elixir of Life and Happiness".

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

I drink 2-7 cups depending on how productive I need to be that day ^.^

Also, I drink it black. I can't stand having anything in it... which is part of the reason I abhor Starbucks. The other reason is that they don't even serve coffee. They serve caramel and chocolate and whipped cream with a little bit of black liquid to blend it all together :(

I've never used any fancy coffee makers, but from what I have used I can say I prefer a percolator over a normal coffee maker by a LONG shot.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Katzen

Katzen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 937 posts

i drink an average of 8-10 spaced throughout the entire day. i sleep like...4 hours on average. but yeah, to combat immunity, i stop drinking for 2-3 days straight. it makes me cranky when i do so, so i know when to resume :P

as for what kind of coffee... ground arabica would be my preference. black. i rarely add sugar or milk to it. 

or for when i feel fancy, i spinkle some salt at the bottom of the cup and add a good layer of caramel syrup it before pouring coffee in. idk why i like this combination though, maybe it's the sudden pop of saltiness right after the sweetness and the bitterness makes my tongue giggle in surprise.

and no that wasn't a euphemism for anything.

яαιηвσω яσ¢кѕ ヾ(◍’౪`◍)ノ゙| SlhbZiq.gif

pantsu

pantsu

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

You're almost at our level... Keep training, and you'll eventually reach it. :DAnd that's why I'm proposing to rename "coffee" into "Elixir of Life and Happiness".

If only it weren't brown/black. That name would be so much better if coffee were rainbow-colored.

i drink an average of 8-10 spaced throughout the entire day. i sleep like...4 hours on average. but yeah, to combat immunity, i stop drinking for 2-3 days straight. it makes me cranky when i do so, so i know when to resume :P

as for what kind of coffee... ground arabica would be my preference. black. i rarely add sugar or milk to it. 

or for when i feel fancy, i spinkle some salt at the bottom of the cup and add a good layer of caramel syrup it before pouring coffee in. idk why i like this combination though, maybe it's the sudden pop of saltiness right after the sweetness and the bitterness makes my tongue giggle in surprise.

and no that wasn't a euphemism for anything.

You like savory coffee, huh? I love arabica. It's got such a full body mmmmmmmm Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. 

ChiLukBa

ChiLukBa

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Usually i have about 3-4 cups a day... I Drinks many kind of coffe... Start from Instant coffe untill the Luwak/ Civet Coffe...

BtW, I sell civet's coffe... If any of you like to order or know more about civet coffe... Feel free to Contact me...

:)

pantsu

pantsu

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

Usually i have about 3-4 cups a day... I Drinks many kind of coffe... Start from Instant coffe untill the Luwak/ Civet Coffe...

BtW, I sell civet's coffe... If any of you like to order or know more about civet coffe... Feel free to Contact me...

:)

WOW You actually sell civet coffee? 

I've heard mixed reviews about it. Some say that it's amazing, while a good many coffee critics disagree, saying that it's not worth the money. After all, it is digested by civets (which are adorable). Is it as good as people say? 

Regardless, I don't think I'll ever be ready to spend that much money on coffee.

ChiLukBa

ChiLukBa

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Yes it's really great... I sell 3-4 kinds of civet coffe... It's smell really adorable... I even can smell it from about 5 meters...

And taste really great... And i don't  think it's that Expensive... I sold it in various package... even there's 100gr packaging

anda it's about US$ 11 only...

The fact, i just thinking if you guys really want it.. I'll find a way to gave you discount... LoL...

pantsu

pantsu

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

Don't worry about it. I was just curious.

ChiLukBa

ChiLukBa

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Don't worry about it. I was just curious.

It's ok... Or even if you'd like to sell it at your country... I Could provide it for you...

LoL... Surfing at Batoto at 1:48 AM... And drinking a glass of warm civet codde now...

Life is so beautiful.... LoL...

:P

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

mhmm, yeah, 4 cups is a minimum per day, and yeah, black. Though I have to say I get bored with black coffee sometimes and look for alternatives. I'll add a packet of hot chocolate mix to a 4 cup pot of coffee...........there's actually a hot chocolate mix that's raspberry flavored that's freaking awesome. MMMMM............chocolate flavored coffee, even more caffeine plus sugar. :D

Hey, don't knock it till you try it. xD

When I lived in New Orleans coffee and chicory was the thing to drink, suuuper strong. Can't hardly get it anywhere else but Louisiana though...........

Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png