Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

morlyn

morlyn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts

Does anyone else dislike the new botato format? Or is it just me D:

Nayners

Nayners

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFrance

Of course, you're not alone in this world, it's bound to happen that not everyone likes new things.

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...
I like the new format, just not the colors. My eyes are pretty sensitive and I can't take Deluxe (too bright) or Blood (too dark) very well.

But overall, I like it. I just miss Sylo's colors.

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference

I think it's fugly as hell. And buggy as hell. And slow as hell. And it smells just weird.

Posted Image

SidL

SidL

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts

I don't like it also.

What really drew me into this sight was the prev web design of batoto. The prev design soldl what this site is about, and it's easy on the eye. Now... its just blinding. Still, the new design is more original than most manga reading sites, that is still a positive, but there is so much negative that comes with it too.

EDIT: the dark blue background gave the site a professional and calm feeling too it. Something that most reading sites don't offer. Damn, atleast make it a dark color for the background.

Edited by sidus03, 18 March 2013 - 07:25 PM.

Nayners

Nayners

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFrance

OOoooh noes! Just noticed in the follows that there isn't the last read chapter! ヽ(`Д´)ノ I was using it as a bookmark. My heart just shattered.

querty11

querty11

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

I didn't even noticed that the layout changed till i read about 20 chapters of a manga... I'm so blind.

@Potato Spud  There's a link on the Follows page that gives you the old format for the follows page on the right side.

Nayners

Nayners

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFrance

@Potato Spud  There's a link on the Follows page that gives you the old format for the follows page on the right side.

Oh my, thank you, a real life saver  ^ㅂ^

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference

@Potato Spud

Lolololo check again. That's not his name.

^Proof that the new layout sucks.

Posted Image

Heretic

Heretic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts

I don't mind the new coat of paint, a little on the obnoxious side(that creamy orange), but the 'my follows' page; Full list gone, gone Last read, gone, Language filter , also gone. Have these feature just been temporarily suspended or are these changes permanent?

Edited by Heretic, 18 March 2013 - 08:04 PM.

Nayners

Nayners

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFrance

@Fried Potato I know right?! I lol'd too, but it was so good I didn't felt like correcting it XD

RingoTang

RingoTang

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

all of those things are still there i dont know what you're seeing, but how to i change it from this brain burning white to a darker theme

Argent Witch

Argent Witch

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 256 posts

Creamy orange?  Which theme are you using?

And is this page broken for you, or is there some other problem?

all of those things are still there i dont know what you're seeing, but how to i change it from this brain burning white to a darker theme

Go to the homepage, scroll to the bottom, click "Change Theme" and try out the alternatives.  You might like "Blood", although the red text is kind of annoying (imo).

Edited by Argent Witch, 18 March 2013 - 08:46 PM.

evilnissan

evilnissan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Not sure if I just cant find it but did we loose the "last chapter read" link/??? 

XxionxX

XxionxX

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUSA

The theme does not bother me, I miss the cover shots which allowed me to see what was new on the 'my follows' page at a glance. Now I have to memorize all 800+ titles I follow -_-

Fuuuuck, lame.

Edit: Disregard that, I figured it out. I don't care anymore :D

Edited by XxionxX, 18 March 2013 - 09:10 PM.

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha

The site is a little slow, but nbd. To the people who are complaining about the new site colors: scroll down to the bottom->Change Theme-> Sylo.

Alternatively just ctrl+f and look for Change Theme if you're a lazy neck beard. oblivious.png

The only thing that the Sylo theme messed up on are the links at the top though:

TWINSMAN_zps1b2764d0.png

Also, I remember a couple of months ago I stumbled upon someone's Batoto profile page with a custom background. Can we still do that with the new update?

Edited by Kannade, 18 March 2013 - 09:53 PM.

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

can't everyone just comment on one thread about the new look? O.o

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/11648-batoto-maintenance/

Nayners

Nayners

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFrance

Not sure if I just cant find it but did we loose the "last chapter read" link/??? 

Hey there Potato, I'll quote you something because I was as clueless as you, but it seems you didn't read the whole topic sooooo...

Here you go :

I didn't even noticed that the layout changed till i read about 20 chapters of a manga... I'm so blind.

And I'll make a Screenshot while I'm at it to make things easier (✌゚∀゚)ᕤ

Attached Files

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.

It is a bit of an eye sore I need to turn my brightness lower

bhestw.jpgTincek-Marincek