Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Japanese RPGs

RPG Games Japanese

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront
I really enjoyed the YS Origin :) A fun little hack&slash with loads and loads of game hours :D

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Miki

Miki

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationIn the trash....

Ib,Mad father,The witches house,Cropse party are all very good horror Japanese rpgs

If you don't like horror then I recommended Avalon code, harvest moon, Kingdom hearts, Persona 3 

tumblr_mj1tf4Zx0V1s6wcafo1_500.gif                             tumblr_nda9f1laEv1s74qeso2_250.png

Spoiler

Solipsist

Solipsist

Potato

• Members
  • 171 posts

Odin Sphere. PS2 emulator.

Miki

Miki

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationIn the trash....

this one is very good

http://vgperson.com/games/standstillgirl.htm

tumblr_mj1tf4Zx0V1s6wcafo1_500.gif                             tumblr_nda9f1laEv1s74qeso2_250.png

Spoiler

iconxraiza

iconxraiza

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

Never really play with PC since family always buy console(s).  

But cousin owns one and am often playing when I visit. I remember enjoy Baldur's gate. The game has much sequel so I believe it's quite popular. 

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition is very nice. It is so challenging I remember staying in cousin's just to play.

Btw I sorted out all RPG PC games Japanese origin in Gamefaqs. Here's the list: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/list-48?region=2

Reven

Reven

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts

I recommend the fire emblem games in both GBA and DS emulator, that's if you don't mind the strategy/rpg game genre

Incidentally, the second fire emblem game in the DS called 'mystery of the emblem' didn't get localized, and so you need to search online for the fan translated patch (which is really good).  

I also recall playing "summon nights: swordcraft story 1-2" on the GBA emulator

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

I love SRW games but too bad we most likely won't see some of the titles cause of this. http://kotaku.com/5899340/why-you-wont-see-a-super-robot-wars-game-outside-of-japan

Old news but still sad.

Reven

Reven

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts

I love SRW games but too bad we most likely won't see some of the titles cause of this. http://kotaku.com/5899340/why-you-wont-see-a-super-robot-wars-game-outside-of-japan

Old news but still sad.

the only SRW game that I played in English and its not related to the OG series are the fan translated SRW J on the GBA.

Midgardsormr

Midgardsormr

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDeep Sea

dunno if someone already mentioned this or maybe you already know but just for info there's 2 kickstarter for japanese game that you can get in the future because it will be on steam.

one is Project Phoenix - Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/project-phoenix-japans-indie-rpg-feat-aaa-talent

second is Mighty no 9 - Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

and in my opinion why don't buy ps3 or vita? i just recently bought vita after 1 year of saving money.. and it has a lot of japanese game worth to play...

Persona and Disgaea's my favourite... :P

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

I bought a 3DS recently ^^

Playing Fire Emblem right now o/

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Midgardsormr

Midgardsormr

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDeep Sea

cool..!!

i want 3DS too... :lol:

you might want to try the title below after you finished fire emblem, those are all j-rpg's...

Kingdom Hearts, Braverly Default, SMT IV, Etrian Odyssey, etc...

Reven

Reven

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts

Bravely default is really fun to play once you get used to the game mechanics of brave and default. But here's an early warning for you once you get the game, be very afraid for chapter 5.

Phil777

Phil777

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Etrian odyssey is great, but plan ahead or read an FAQ. >.> Otherwise it will hurt, because the game is quite merciless when you start. =/

Also, I can't believe it hasn't been mentionned yet, but Legend of Dragoon, although old, is an AMAZING JRPG. >.>

greenguy

greenguy

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationArts Precinct

Thanks =D

Rol using this emoticon...

Bravely default is really fun to play once you get used to the game mechanics of brave and default. But here's an early warning for you once you get the game, be very afraid for chapter 5.

interesting... i think i'll get it in the end! 

Reven

Reven

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts

Etrian odyssey is great, but plan ahead or read an FAQ. >.> Otherwise it will hurt, because the game is quite merciless when you start. =/

Also, I can't believe it hasn't been mentionned yet, but Legend of Dragoon, although old, is an AMAZING JRPG. >.>

speaking of Etrian odyssey, I personally recommend you to play the fourth game in the series called 'legend of the titans' over the 'millennium girl' since it's much more easier in comparison. In addition, it has a more complete online simulator that you could use as a blue print for your character build for each class, here's the link: http://www.crazyuncleivans.com/eo4skillsim/EO4Skillsim.html

Midgardsormr

Midgardsormr

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDeep Sea

speaking of Etrian odyssey, I personally recommend you to play the fourth game in the series called 'legend of the titans' over the 'millennium girl' since it's much more easier in comparison. In addition, it has a more complete online simulator that you could use as a blue print for your character build for each class, here's the link: http://www.crazyuncleivans.com/eo4skillsim/EO4Skillsim.html

they have 2 title of etrian odyssey 4? what's the differences?

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha
Get an SNES emulator and play dat sailormoon RPG suggssuspect.png

23t13sm.jpg

Spoiler

Edited by Kannade, 25 February 2014 - 04:34 AM.

Reven

Reven

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts

they have 2 title of etrian odyssey 4? what's the differences?

in the 3ds, the first etrian odyssey game released is called "Etrian odyssey 4: the legend of the titan" and the second Etrian odyssey game that got released is a remake of the first game in the ds called "Etrian odyssey untold: millenium girl". Both games got the exact same 3d models for most of the monsters and effects. But they both are different since the untold game have actual characters (very generic though) and tried to have a proper plot.

Phil777

Phil777

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMontréal

I would recommend that you try the first NDS Etrian Odyssey game. o/ It'll give you a feel of how far the game has come if you start from the first. o/ (Not to mention, if you follow an faq, the game is relatively that much easier, since there're 2 skills that make you pretty much invincible for a few turns when combined. :P

Edited by Phil777, 25 February 2014 - 03:24 PM.

Midgardsormr

Midgardsormr

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDeep Sea

in the 3ds, the first etrian odyssey game released is called "Etrian odyssey 4: the legend of the titan" and the second Etrian odyssey game that got released is a remake of the first game in the ds called "Etrian odyssey untold: millenium girl". Both games got the exact same 3d models for most of the monsters and effects. But they both are different since the untold game have actual characters (very generic though) and tried to have a proper plot.

i see... yeah i've heard of etrian games with a plot which is not making sense for me since it's always about making a character and running through the dungeon... at first i thought it's anime lol...