Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Who would you pair Kagami with?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

null7

null7

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
I know its not *that* kind of manga, but who would be your favorite pairing/s for Kagami?

As of chapter 62, I'd go with:
1. Options - she looks like the hardest route so far, even though there haven't been many 'love point up' events for her
2. Little Miss Money - she's the only one who has outright stated her intention to marry him, bonus points for that
3. Boxer girl - she is, after all the "first"...pupil

Honorable mention to the researcher girl who was in the same club as him.

Mistaniel

Mistaniel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
Well said. I will agree with these option, but I also would add the Researcher from CERN (Tim). She is crazy in her own (good) way, and she fits nicely with Kagami.

Anaxagoras

Anaxagoras

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
I just finished Chapter 15, so I'm leaning towards Kanan Chinami (Anime Voice Girl). She's just too damn cute.

null7

null7

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Yeah, whenever Tim shows up she shows just how well they go together. In a way, she probably "gets" Kagami more than Options. And I dunno, there's something about how Kanan punches Kagami that's oddly hilarious.

figureLP09

figureLP09

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationInside a sword.

People tend to forget, Kagami´s still a teacher, so the only "possible" choices out there (without any infamous time skip) would be Tim and his friend from the Dokodemo Research Facility (Forgot her name...Meh).

Of course, a friggin ghost girl appeared in the story, so it´s anyone´s guess.

The soil of a man's heart is stonier. He grows what he can, and he tends it. 

null7

null7

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Well...not really forget. I think in Japan the marrigeable age is 16 or something, so some of the girls would be eligible. Its just more for fun, as the manga isn't pairing him with anybody. So yeah, even in a hypothetical 'in 10 years' type scenario.

Edited by null7, 13 April 2013 - 08:35 AM.

Evilnemesis

Evilnemesis

Potato

• Members
  • 124 posts

Well...not really forget. I think in Japan the marrigeable age is 16 or something, so some of the girls would be eligible. Its just more for fun, as the manga isn't pairing him with anybody. So yeah, even in a hypothetical 'in 10 years' type scenario.

16 for woman, 18 for man.

Moruno

Moruno

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

And the character he set the most flags with is... Kotarou. Seriously.

Skarto

Skarto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Well said. I will agree with these option, but I also would add the Researcher from CERN (Tim). She is crazy in her own (good) way, and she fits nicely with Kagami.

THIS is the most rational answer to this question...

personalities considered... any other girl is bounded to fail after only 1 season :)

TIM strong personality and mental edge over kagami makes her the #1 suitor for a successful partner. any other girl would just be just eye-candy for the majority of readers.

subliminal

subliminal

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUK....probably.

currently at chp55 but i want to rage a little 

Kuramochi Madoka a.k.a miss money, arc ch27-33 left the strongest impression on me of any girl and any part of the story so far 

next to a good yandere only the character open and honest about her feelings really ever appeals to me

but her depiction in ch 51 left me cold gone was the cool intelligence and solid resolve to win him over her own way..... ditched instead for a clingy attention seeking little girl...=rage anger torment, also the earlier fuzzy setup for a future return of hell gates arc pissed me off 

shame but i suppose it comes with the territory it is alas not going to run with a slow, subtly developing student-teacher romance no matter how good the setup might seem

edit: reached current ch84 - so Madoka is now officially a side character.........

on another note how is Tim's name represented since they don't have the "ih" sound is it "テイム" or  "テム"

Should the kataomoi fighter girl be included on the list as well now?

Edited by subliminal, 02 August 2013 - 11:03 AM.

zayuki

zayuki

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
i prefer option aka hiragii koyomi ^^, she hold certain felling toward kagami i don't know it's love or what but she has highly opinion for kagami

passerby09

passerby09

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

People tend to forget that Kagami's still a teacher

Well... not really "forget." I think in Japan the marriageable age is 16 or something, so some of the girls would be eligible.

teacher-student is taboo regardless of age. it's like dating at work, only there is also the age difference (or at least, the standing difference). dating on the job is bad because it distracts (and during rough patches, or in case of breakup, it often affects the work environment for all coworkers). dating someone who is in a different position is bad because the students can't tell how much of their interest is affected by the fact that he is in a position of authority as their teacher (even though he becomes a student, they won't just forget that he was their teacher) and as a genius. << this is just about the students' perspective.

let's remember that it takes two to tango. Kagami's kind of a child-man. even if his old coworkers think he's the cutest little genius ever, he doesn't have the hots for them. no matter how much any given student blushes around him or even hits on him, he's indifferent. He might get fired up about students who fit his hobbies but he only gets a kick out of cultivating them. Kagami likes beating challenges. you can't beat anything in love and you can't move on to the next challenge to beat. unlike being loved, loving results in permanent personal change (even if it ends in breakup). Kagami likes changing other people at his own whims; he doesn't like changing himself.

Edited by passerby09, 11 December 2013 - 12:21 AM.

yamikami

yamikami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOlympia, Washington, United States

I don't really think Kagami will end up with anyone; but I would like him to end up with twin tails. Twin tails seems to be the girl he has the most chemistry with, and I feel like she could sort him out.

Visit my blog at http://quanahism.blogspot.com/

RS456

RS456

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts

Only ones who can sort him out are his sister and possibly Hiiragi Koyomi.  He is going to get linked to some girl but most likely not on his free will. Just like he was forced into the teaching job at his sister's school he is going to be forced into marrying someone probably the one his sister likes best and thinks is best for her brother.. 

Edited by RS456, 29 January 2014 - 09:33 AM.

yurifan

yurifan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

the girls i would pari kagami with would be as follows:

1: koyomi hiiragi. why? well she seems the closest to his age(even though there is no mention of her age on denap kyoushi's wiki page:l( kagami's age is around 23-24 for all of you who don't know)), plus she is cute( my opinion) and she is seemingly the only character in the entire series that could beat kagami at his own game and make it look like the fight was completely one sided and she supports him, no matter what the issue is.

2: sachiko tanaka: why? oh come on kagami is an otaku why wouldn't he chase after her she is a manga writer :l 

3: kichiou mimori: why? she freaking practically stalks him now after there little confrontation( was extremely funny) plus she would be able to help him with his blogs 

4: madoka kuramochi; why? well she would be able to help kagami with his money problem, she's a great cook, she was the first to declare her love for him, plus she went as far as to make her self a maid for him and his sister for a night.

5: and finally subaru akatsuki: why? sorry for the spoiler for those who haven't got to chapter 78 yet but she is the second to declare her love for kagami and she a werid disease?

Dhoozy

Dhoozy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

I think Makani might get him, she actually 18 years old it say so in the manga. Boxer girls I don't mind either. Sister will get married maybe to the tough guy. The tough guy want someone that can hold their own in a fight. He was obviously crushing on the boxer girl too.

1. Studen Counsel Pres- She's 18 and he actually seem to like teasing her a lot. Refuse to see her sweet kind nature.

2. Boxer girl- He 'd have to take responsbility like she said. First student and they probably converse a lot on whatever website it was before he gave her the advice.

3. Anime girl- She's his dream come true.

4. Rich girl- Maybe as someone he'd settle with.

5. Chairwoman- She can control him but she could match him, it wouldn't be boring int heir marriage that's for sure.

Luminair

Luminair

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Wish he'd get more serious development with KS girl >.<

jacobpaige

jacobpaige

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

1) The CERN researcher (Tim)

2) Former clubmate (Toune)

3) KS girl (Subaru)

In that order. Mostly based on how well they get him and how well their lives would mesh together.

I don't really think he'll wind up with Options, but I could totally see them as bff's.

Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 61 posts

lol maybe this really is a harem. He has so many good moments with multiple girls even his own age. xD