Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tower of God fan art

fan art fanart naver cafe deviantart

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

Hahaha! :lol: I seriously expected a harp in his hands!

kfi6l.jpg

LightsEnd

LightsEnd

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOn my Chair

Decided I should try some ToG fanart myself for once..just did a little something for Gyetang ;_;

NYcsRZx.png

Nice ^ -^ so cute

tumblr_mwx30zAai31se9y5ao1_500.gif

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

Can somebody tell me the process you follow to draw these? How are doing the guidelines, for example (with software or in paper). And also the hardware and programs you use.

kfi6l.jpg

Nemesis Q

Nemesis Q

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 474 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Can somebody tell me the process you follow to draw these? How are doing the guidelines, for example (with software or in paper). And also the hardware and programs you use.

Nothing I've done is on here but...

I like to just draw a very rough idea of what I want (closely resembling stick figures with boxes that tell what's in the front and what's in the back), then draw the line-art wait a day or 2 and then fix what looks wrong (they usually change quite a few times). Then I add colours and finish with lighting and shading. That should give a comic like style (atleast that's my experience) where as if you want it more realistic (I've never done that) it looks like from the streams I've seen that you don't actually have line-art or you simply remove them before you have the final picture (real people don't have dark lines that show where the chest ends and the arm starts ;) )

I do everything on the computer using an intous tablet with a pen and drawing in photoshop. Hope that answers your question ^^

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

Nothing I've done is on here but...

I like to just draw a very rough idea of what I want (closely resembling stick figures with boxes that tell what's in the front and what's in the back), then draw the line-art wait a day or 2 and then fix what looks wrong (they usually change quite a few times). Then I add colours and finish with lighting and shading. That should give a comic like style (atleast that's my experience) where as if you want it more realistic (I've never done that) it looks like from the streams I've seen that you don't actually have line-art or you simply remove them before you have the final picture (real people don't have dark lines that show where the chest ends and the arm starts ;) )

I do everything on the computer using an intous tablet with a pen and drawing in photoshop. Hope that answers your question ^^

Alright, that pretty much answers most of my questions. Do you have any specific recommendations for the tablet?

kfi6l.jpg

Nemesis Q

Nemesis Q

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 474 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Alright, that pretty much answers most of my questions. Do you have any specific recommendations for the tablet?

I'm not that much into them the only things I know are what I read when I was buying my own so I can tell you what I remember but not really recommend anything.

Okay, so without talking about any fancy details that I have close to no understanding of anyway I can say that Wacom should be pretty big on the market with Bamboo being their cheaper version and Intous being the more expensive one, I have an Intous and it works like a charm but a few of my friends have a Bamboo and I haven't heard any complaints about those either so both should work just fine.

It's not much but atleast it should give you something to read up on ^^ I find them on google when searching for tablet pen and touch or digitizers things like that.

Fishcake

Fishcake

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationLost in the forest of the 77th floor

I use PaintToolSai and a Bamboo Create Tablet.

What I usually do is first sketch out what I have in mind in low opacity, then of course on another layer, go over the sketch for the lineart.

[this guide here explains a good deal with Sai http://forums.blackbutler.net/showthread.php?1820-Paint-Tool-SAI-A-Basic-Tutorial ]

As for recommendations on the tablet type, it really comes down to how much work space on the tablet's surface you're comfortable with...and how rich you are. x_x

Also, I decided at the last minute to not add a harp, I kinda felt that would ridicule his uh...not-amongst-the-living situation. ;~;

shahzehan

shahzehan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationthe cuboard under the stairs in a big fancy mansion
Found some good fan art Artist: AR-UA

Artist: yooba

Watch at your own risk!

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Those are good, very cool. And yeah, #1 is pretty bad-ass, thanks

Tn7HA0h.png

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

I'm not that much into them the only things I know are what I read when I was buying my own so I can tell you what I remember but not really recommend anything.

Okay, so without talking about any fancy details that I have close to no understanding of anyway I can say that Wacom should be pretty big on the market with Bamboo being their cheaper version and Intous being the more expensive one, I have an Intous and it works like a charm but a few of my friends have a Bamboo and I haven't heard any complaints about those either so both should work just fine.

It's not much but atleast it should give you something to read up on ^^ I find them on google when searching for tablet pen and touch or digitizers things like that.

I use PaintToolSai and a Bamboo Create Tablet.

What I usually do is first sketch out what I have in mind in low opacity, then of course on another layer, go over the sketch for the lineart.

[this guide here explains a good deal with Sai http://forums.blackbutler.net/showthread.php?1820-Paint-Tool-SAI-A-Basic-Tutorial ]

As for recommendations on the tablet type, it really comes down to how much work space on the tablet's surface you're comfortable with...and how rich you are. x_x

Also, I decided at the last minute to not add a harp, I kinda felt that would ridicule his uh...not-amongst-the-living situation. ;~;

Both are most enlightening, thank you.

I am planning to invest on a Bamboo actually and I thought using Photoshop would be best, but Sai doesn't seem too shabby. Not shabby at all.

Now last and most crucial question... How big are your tablets?

...Okay, it sounds weird, but I'm a person with hands big enough to use as paddles and whatever tablet I've come across was not exactly inviting me to draw, rather smash it in a very funny and pitiful fashion as I'm drawing. (I don't think it was made for drawing either)

Edited by God of LoL, 18 April 2013 - 05:30 PM.

kfi6l.jpg

Fishcake

Fishcake

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationLost in the forest of the 77th floor

Found some good fan art

Viole  Anime Version

http://ar-ua.deviantart.com/art/Tower-of-God-Viole-347570096

[/spoiler]

I really love screenshot-style fanart like this when it relates to ToG *-* Because I always loved the idea of it actually being animated..

I am planning to invest on a Bamboo actually and I thought using Photoshop would be best, but Sai doesn't seem too shabby. Not shabby at all.

...Okay, it sounds weird, but I'm a person with hands big enough to use as paddles and whatever tablet I've come across was not exactly inviting me to draw, rather smash it in a very funny and pitiful fashion as I'm drawing. (I don't think it was made for drawing either)

The Bamboo Create's active drawing area is 8.5" x 5.4" http://www.wacom.com/products/pen-tablets/bamboo/bamboo-create My hands are a bit on the huge side, and that surface area is large enough for me while still not being too terribly expensive? ($200 bucks)

Edit: also, some of the tablets come with a copy of photoshop right off the bat, along with other programs depending on which model you get.

Edited by Fishcake, 18 April 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Nemesis Q

Nemesis Q

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 474 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

http://www.wacom.com/en/creative/products/pen-tablets/intuos/intuos5-touch-small I use a small but my hands aren't that big so... Still I think it will allways feel small to begin with no matter the size you buy... atleast that's how it was for me to begin with, I was used to regular A4 paper... compared to that a tablet seems small xD

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

Anak Zahard, by -wait for it- ....Me.

Spoiler

For a clearer and none-squeezed image, try the following link:

http://postimg.org/image/6o4ne2dpf/

kfi6l.jpg

Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationUnder there.........I just made you say underwear.

I like the length of her tail you gave her, in ToG it always seems so stubby to me. 

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

I decided to draw to make an attempt by drawing Hatsu. (The camera quality is not very good though)

Edited by oceana, 28 April 2013 - 03:37 AM.

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

I decided to draw to make an attempt by drawing Hatsu. (The camera quality is not very good though)

he sort of look like rai from noblesse may be i'm having hallucination, by the way amazing pic

Edited by salvatore022, 28 April 2013 - 04:38 AM.

Sui

Sui

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Anak Zahard, by -wait for it- ....Me.

for a clearer and none-squeezed image, try the following link:

http://postimg.org/image/6o4ne2dpf/

Nice, but I'd like to see it scanned. I bet it'd look even better

Oh cool, didn't know you also draw OC ^^

funny-text-haha-relatable-posts-stalker-

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

Finally got around to coloring the pic of Wangnan;

.....couldn't decide on which looks better.....

Spoiler

Spoiler

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

Finally got around to coloring the pic of Wangnan;

.....couldn't decide on which looks better.....

Spoiler

Spoiler

I think the first one looks much better cause it's brighter

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

I think the first one looks much better cause it's brighter

Yeah, but then the second one can look better cause it's darker :P

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N