Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Poll: The usual Kubera Leez or the new look?

Poll Kubera Leez

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: The usual Kubera Leez or the new look? (155 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is better, or cooler, or cuter, or hotter: The usual Leez or her "new version"? [NO multiple choice]

1. The usual Leez is best, or cutest, or coolest, or hottest etc (21 votes [13.55%])

Percentage of vote: 13.55%

2. The "new version" Leez is best, or cutest, or coolest, or hottest etc (96 votes [61.94%])

Percentage of vote: 61.94%

3. Both are equally good :) (33 votes [21.29%])

Percentage of vote: 21.29%

4. Neither is really that great D: (2 votes [1.29%])

Percentage of vote: 1.29%

5. No opinion... (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Who is that "Leez" anyway? :P (3 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

Are you male or female? [NO multiple choice]

1. Female (51 votes [32.90%])

Percentage of vote: 32.90%

2. Male (94 votes [60.65%])

Percentage of vote: 60.65%

3. Something else (transsexual for example, or not interested in having a gender) (10 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

SoulCool

SoulCool

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUnited States

In the life of a proper woman it's all about fanservice after all, so:

Posted Image

But since we are all about equal rights and whatnot, now let's remind Currygom to also "improve" ALL male characters to look exactly like Barbie's Ken OR like Superman. Such "unmanly" pseudo-guys like Visnu, Gandharva, Yuta, Kaz, Rao or Clophe are from now on BANNED ^^ Mainstream and conformity is all that counts after all =_= Drawing the best and most unique Webtoon is probably a strain on Currygom, and so let's "enhance" and "improve" everyone into what looks like a spin-off of some shabby 50cent cartoon anyone can buy around the corner...

..I got so ironic out of sheer bitterness.. *sigh*

I hope at least Currygom can see the point. She is such a genius, and created such a unique masterpiece... *siiiiiigh*

Was this in response to me? Because i said nothing of the sort at all and find it pretty incredibly offensive that you would think that of what I said after reading my post in this thread. :(

おはようございます。

=^^=

.../\...

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
lol, calm down everyone. Remember that it's what's inside that counts. xD
Currygom draws good-looking guys And girls. The difference is that she doesn't use it as an excuse to neglect their personalities (like in many fantasy stories). :)

Take Agni for example. He's the ultimate hot stud. But he isn't a brainless muscle-mass who does nothing but kill stuff all the time and makes harems for himself. Instead he is kind, considerate and patient. <3

Edited by Mizura, 02 March 2013 - 04:24 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged
@ Goobera - I'll retract my original post.

Judge not so ye shall not be judged. <chagrin>

Do your best not to let the demons get the better of you. You'll never win if you pit your demons against other people's demons. I hope it has not gone to that stage... you definitely need to seek out a support group. With your hectic working schedule, it might be easier said than done though. We're all buncho of weirdos here, but exposed to different degrees of wind and darkness. Some have it worse than others.

You definitely need to start a gratitude journal and keep things that you're thankful for. You'll need to accumulate positive experiences. Otherwise, you'll start to detect malice in just about everything. Which is true. I hope you'll not ever have to get to that point.

Like Asha said, God can be quite unfair.

Edited by tumbleweed, 02 March 2013 - 03:43 PM.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **

Was this in response to me? Because i said nothing of the sort at all and find it pretty incredibly offensive that you would think that of what I said after reading my post in this thread.

Sorry, of course this was NOT in response to YOU :( I was just bitter in general because everyone keeps saying how "hot" the new Leez is, and I felt so depressed...

I moved the rest into spoiler tags, because it is way way too long and way way too angry =_=;;

Spoiler

Edited by Goobera, 04 March 2013 - 05:58 PM.

Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
You know, if we're to have a debate about looks in real life, they're often not all that. My mother's beautiful aunt who was a famous actress back then got framed by a jealous rival during the Chinese Cultural Revolution and died tortured in prison. True story.

Don't get too obsessed over looks, good or bad. I see many beautiful girls here in China, but their expressions often looks as though they have permanent sour lemons in their mouth. You know those models in fashion magazines? The ones with skinny limbs who look as though they're permanently pissed off? Yeah, like that. They may be hanging off the arms of rich men, but my father agrees that girls like those scare him off, and I'm really glad I'm not them. On the other hand, I've also met many average looking working women. Some of them are old and have a face full of wrinkles, but they beam when they smile. You can practically feel the warmth off them, in contrast to those icecubes mentioned earlier.

Also, true but weird story: all the Chinese wives of successful foreign men I know are average-looking, even those of men who are dead handsome. They look more like the "tiger mom" types than the Asian beauty types. As my father puts it, "I don't get it, they're so handsome, why is their wife so ugly?" It's a bit baffling because it's so systematic, but that's how it is. O_o;;

Edited by Mizura, 02 March 2013 - 06:05 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
Try searching in Google Images for "plastic surgery gone wrong"... THAT is.. plain horror D: I stumbled over that accidentally once and still feel sick in my stomach D:

...but my point is more of "skinny is not beautiful" or "Barbie is not something I look up to".. where I come from we suffered hunger, and a skinny person reminds me of the harsh times in the past D: I think beautiful people are beautiful on the inside and on the outside.. or that there is way too much talk about "beauty", especially when it comes to women

I know what you mean with "ice cubes" or "sour lemon" ^^ ..and then the guys talk all like "ah, all the women are so capricious and have such bad temper" =_=;; ..of course those near starved models have a bad temper, anyone would when they would never have any real fun, and have to be hungry all the time =_=;;

I think real beauty comes from the heart, and the rest is just good grooming, cleanliness and maybe some pretty clothes ^^ Anyone can do that if they try... If someone would tell me "you are too ugly" I would think that they are rude and have mental problems, since no one has the right to demand from me to look the way they want.. except a boyfriend of course, but that is also up to discussion ^^

Spoiler

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationPhysically? Kansas Mentally? Too many places to recall at the moment.
I have some friends who are Fs. They told me that as long as they don't become bigger they should stay fine with few problems. Of course, they get stared at A LOT by guys. Poor Leez, she's going to be stared at all the time in that form. At least Brilith was able to deal with it, albeit she had normal bodyguards, Agni, and Asha to drive people away. XD In America it's easier to find girls with naturally big boobs, I guess. <_<

I appreciate how Currygom draws all the girls (and guys, too): they are all varied and more lifelike while some mangas/mangwhas/comics (usually ecchi) contain girls that have ridiculously skinny bodies with huge boobs (bigger than F there) or the girls are short, skinny, and flat chested lolis. In the world of Kubera there are the ridiculously fit guys (Maruna, Agni, God Kubera, etc.), the not muscled but not flabby guys (i.e. Gandharva<--he used to be muscled, though, blame Menaka :P ), girls with naturally big boobs (i.e. Shuri), girls with curvy figures (i.e. Anna Haias and young Leez), girls that have had serious physical training with smaller boobs (i.e. Teo and Airi), girls that are naturally slim though they don't work out much (i.e. Sagara and Brilith), age effects on older people (meaning it's not completely filled with young people-->Ran's aunt and uncle). Even in The Wavering King arc, there's the two college students who are talking about Agwen and Ran, and one of them is definitely obese (and tall). They each have their own personality, too, which makes it even more enjoyable. Imagine Kubera with all the stereotypical MC feelings--it'd be horrible. :blink:

I completely understand where you're coming from, Goobera. The stereotype around here (meaning where I live) is that unless you (as a girl) are blonde, skinny, have medium-sized boobs, are 5'6" and under, play sports or do other popular activities, look younger than you really are by about a year or two, like to party, and have plenty of money to spare, then you are either a slim, dark-haired, dark-eyed beauty or an exotic girl from foreign places (We have a foreign exchange student from Serbia who is absolutely gorgeous. I wish her stay here could've been better, though :( ). I'm perfectly happy with not having any significant other in my life right now--less drama. The unfortunate thing for me is that I look and act older than I really am, so guys who are 5-10 years older than I am hit on me. <_< Sigh, girl problems...

Also, as I read some previous posts I made I must've been half-asleep or something when I typed them because they don't agree with what I think (or that they just came out wrong). Anyway, maybe sometime later I'll bother changing them. As of this moment I really don't care. :mellow:

Oh and by the way, my brother likes younger Leez over older Leez. He likes short, comical, weirdly-habited girls over the demure, serious types. :D He probably wouldn't like Brilith as much, and Sagara, well... there's the ex-girlfriend story there (after breakup she gained Sagara's psycho personality along with Shuri's body, weird combo XD). He'll be home in a couple weeks for spring break, so I'll try to convince him to read Kubera then. :D

Edited by Kaiein, 02 March 2013 - 07:49 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
@Goobera: Oh that, please also remember that Leez is super tall now, easily over 1.7m. When you're tall, you also happen to look thinner. xD My dad's legs look really skinny for example because he's tall, all the girls envy him. >.>;; Logically, Leez' physique (minus a certain area) is likely to be made up of lean muscles. Have you seen marathon runners in real life? They look pretty skinny in normal clothes, nothing like those body-builders, but it's steel-like muscles underneath.

Anyway, a wrinkly face with a genuine smile is a lot more beautiful than a botox-filled face with a frown. :)

Of course, they get stared at A LOT by guys.

Ugh, that's annoying.

The unfortunate thing for me is that I look and act older than I really am, so guys who are 5-10 years older than I am hit on me.

I have the opposite problem. I look and act younger than I really am. >.>;; I'm always holed up at home though so I don't get hit on often.

Edited by Mizura, 02 March 2013 - 07:49 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

@Goobera: Oh that, please also remember that Leez is super tall now, easily over 1.7m. When you're tall, you also happen to look thinner. xD My dad's legs look really skinny for example because he's tall, all the girls envy him. >.>;;

HAHAHAHA!!!!!! I knew a guy like that last year! All the girls were jealous of him because he had the perfect legs that many girls wanted. XD

People have always thought I am about 4 years older than I really am (except at school, then everyone assumes I'm a senior). Another thing I've noticed is that Leez doesn't pay too much attention to her appearance or other's appearances, either. Just because they're not wearing the nicest or most expensive clothes doesn't mean that she thinks bad of them; rather, she looks at their personality. Speaking of which, her only encounter with the Garuda Clan was with Maruna, and that wasn't a good first impression. However, if she somehow got to know Maruna's personality, with his obsession over his stage growth and his family and friends, I wonder if she could actually get along with him while acknowledging what he's done. Kubera's one of those stories that everyone has a legitimate reason as to why they do things but it doesn't get across to others either correctly or at all, hence character conflict. <_<

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts
I really, really think we need to get over the "us verses them" mentality we can develop when we decide to associate with a group, for better or for worse. My favorite thing about Leez is that she sees everybody (except Sura) as "us." But one of her "us" is a "them" (Yuta). Naturally, this will be explored later. As for Leez, she's still the same Leez to me. First of all, she isn't a "them" just because she looks like a "them," and secondly there is no "them," just a lot of varying opinions on what beauty is, some of which have more followers than others. As for the poll, fanservice or not, I simply think the character design is more clever with the new look, and that's why I voted for it.

Goobera, please don't group people into a group of "mainstream" "fake" "sh*tty" people with a "high flying education" who laugh at the group of "alternative" manga forum readers. I know you were exaggerating for effect, but in doing so you have betrayed that you have very similar prejudices as those you rail against. Other than words such as "fake" and "sh*tty" I would say I have the prerequisites for both categories of people you mentioned, and it would hurt if you stopped being friendly with me just because I am vaguely popular among my friends.

Yeah, there are a few people who have shallow opinions like "Leez is better now because she's hotter," but to be frank that's why half the readers read any comic, and if you can't handle the opinions of readers who don't care as much about what we care about in the comic, then it was a little silly of you to start the poll in the first place, in my opinion.

So let's stay accepting as friends? Please? because I think

"real beauty comes from the heart, and the rest is just good grooming, cleanliness and maybe some pretty clothes ^^ Anyone can do that if they try..."

is spot on.

MRVGJ

MRVGJ

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationThe true north, sitting in my log cabin, drinking maple syrup while petting my pet beaver
Well this may be a bit late here joining in this forum,but I think that the new leez better, but i really hope her personality only changes slightly with her new form.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
I wanted to apologize to anyone hurt by my angry madness :( As a Half my Sura part sometimes shows, and then I feel like Yuta fighting against his Chaos side :( Looking at how crazy my family always was I may have some Taraka Clan ancestors too :( But those attacks are caused by intense pan, not by the wish to really harm anyone.. I know this is no excuse, but I am always so deeply immersed in pain, real physical pain due to my bad health, and barely can breathe at such times. Yuta is damn strong, for being able to stop his dark side before it's too late...

Spoiler

NomenHicInserto

NomenHicInserto

Potato

• The Company
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow
I like the new Leez more. I think Leez should be attractive (to the people around her), but I also like her as she is now. She has a childish charm and that adult body won't fit. Not to mention, it's going to wear off soon anyway, so I'll just choose the adult version. Hehe.

On a side note, I'm surprised more guys voted than girls. I wonder if that counts as readers too. (It probably does.) I always thought they'd be more girls reading this because (a) a woman wrote this (I think??? :o OMG, is Currygom even a woman?!? Uh, yes. Of course she is. Silly me...) and because (B) the main character (for now) is a girl. Just glad that both girls and boys alike enjoy this series. ^^

I have the opposite problem. I look and act younger than I really am. >.>;; I'm always holed up at home though so I don't get hit on often.

Haha. I also look younger than I really am. ><;

It's not that I wish this Webtoon to get lower ratings and less popularity, but.. Just imagine, let's say Asha is your biggest favorite - and now imagine Currygom would say "Asha needs bigger boobs and more curves", and BOOM the cool awesome Asha would turn into some boring mainstream chick?

I change my mind. o.o I want the old Leez back and see her grow slowly.

...Asha may not be my number one favorite character (she's my second favorite xD) but I don't want her to be like... like... that. ;_;

"People only know what you tell them."

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

Is it just me, or is there a blue star at the vote: "The usual Leez is best" o_O;; ????

Batoto is probably trolling me for April's Fool >.<

Ha, I made a screenshot to commemorate this glorious event forever xD

Spoiler

Sogno-

Sogno-

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 469 posts

whichever Leez makes me laugh more is the better D:<

Edited by Sogno-, 01 April 2013 - 03:43 AM.

lol roll lol

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

@Goobera, The blue stars symbolize what you have chosen in the polls so you can make sure you picked the right one and whatnot.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

@Goobera, The blue stars symbolize what you have chosen in the polls so you can make sure you picked the right one and whatnot.

o_O;; ................................I see........... (cough cough).........ha ha ha....(nervous laughter)

..........so my stupid butter brain got me again D: xD

Thank you for clarifying :) So it IS just me after all xD xD xD xD

Anyways, I like the usual Leez best, since she is the cutest and most hilarious :P

Edited by Goobera, 01 April 2013 - 08:53 AM.

Spoiler

MangaFan

MangaFan

Potato

• Members
  • 110 posts

the new much more sexy and attractive. seriously

Kosame

Kosame

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts

Eum, as a guy (not that it matters really) I prefer regular Leez.
Perhaps it is more a question of that being the Leez that I "knew" from the start

but I find her to be much more animated and "Leez-y" as she is.

I suppose she is just much more recognizable and stands out more in her younger self.
Presented with the older Leez she just, for me, seems to fade into the see of adult female characters.
I-I mean older Leez is pretty but I prefer the cuter and younger Leez with the "odd face". 
She seems less distant. /rambling

_こさめ_

[mail] kosame_ne[★]outlook.com ・ [★] → @ | [connect] links

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado

I like the new Leez best but I would not like her to become that way artificially it was fine for a day but if the change were made to stay then it would be best to change over time or with the use of a time slip at most.   

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler