Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Poll: The usual Kubera Leez or the new look?

Poll Kubera Leez

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: The usual Kubera Leez or the new look? (155 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is better, or cooler, or cuter, or hotter: The usual Leez or her "new version"? [NO multiple choice]

1. The usual Leez is best, or cutest, or coolest, or hottest etc (21 votes [13.55%])

Percentage of vote: 13.55%

2. The "new version" Leez is best, or cutest, or coolest, or hottest etc (96 votes [61.94%])

Percentage of vote: 61.94%

3. Both are equally good :) (33 votes [21.29%])

Percentage of vote: 21.29%

4. Neither is really that great D: (2 votes [1.29%])

Percentage of vote: 1.29%

5. No opinion... (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Who is that "Leez" anyway? :P (3 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

Are you male or female? [NO multiple choice]

1. Female (51 votes [32.90%])

Percentage of vote: 32.90%

2. Male (94 votes [60.65%])

Percentage of vote: 60.65%

3. Something else (transsexual for example, or not interested in having a gender) (10 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
Sorry for all the lamenting, but it really bugged me to see Leez suddenly changed so radically in shortest time, and with the prospect of her staying that way permanently from now on. That may be an effect of Hoti Yama magic, but she did not age for real, and maybe due to the Power of the Name will not die at all and stay trapped in this "new look"?

I get that the "new Leez" is popular with the guys, but the usual Leez was not boring or unattractive in the least - a real Marilyn Monroe lookalike in my opinion. So I wanted to at least create a poll, to see which one is the most popular, and also if more with girls or with guys :)
Plus, just because a certain look is hugely popular, it must not mean that everyone has to look that way. I always thought Leez was unique, and "not like the usual boring mainstream"...
The "new Leez" looks basically like a stereotypical Barbie, could not be farther from "unique", or not? :(

If you have an explanation why you like which one, please write about it in the comments :)

Edited by Goobera, 23 February 2013 - 06:46 PM.

Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

kurzon

kurzon

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 91 posts
I quite like the "in between" Leez in her white dress. Adult Leez is awesome, but since Leez seems very mentally young, I think "in between" Leez suits her better right now.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Hm, how should I put it... I was looking forward to the new Leez, and it didn't disappoint, but I think it's too early for it to be permanent. In fact, I already feel it's already getting old (no pun intended).

The great part about old Leez is all the hilarious faces she makes. Those always make my day. The uglier the funnier in fact. It's part of her unique charm.

Besides, we haven't seen that scene with younger Leez in a dress yet. Before she grows up and becomes hot all around, I'd really like to see her looking nice as her younger self, if only for a few scenes. There'll be plenty of time for older Leez later on.

So to conclude:

Spoiler

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
It probably helped that the "new" version has been shown a time or two already in brief foreshadowing or glimpses of the future..........so in that way it wasn't as surprising, or more like shocking, as it might have been otherwise. Though yeah, given that it's unnatural and creates a huge difference with her physical -vs- her mental/emotional "age" I don't know that it's a good thing if it happens to last longer than we're being told it is going to.

Tn7HA0h.png

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationPhysically? Kansas Mentally? Too many places to recall at the moment.
While I appreciate this new Leez in moving the plot along (hey, it was getting kinda stagnant there, but it was a purposeful stagnation), I think all the emotional and perspective changes need to happen in her younger form. She's able to feel more emotional impact and has less barriers in her personality, and I like the fact that her younger self lets it all hang out--the good, the bad, and especially the ugly. :P

And Mizura, that spoiler is priceless. :D

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **

The great part about old Leez is all the hilarious faces she makes. Those always make my day. The uglier the funnier in fact. It's part of her unique charm. Besides, we haven't seen that scene with younger Leez in a dress yet.

xD xD xD xD ..."Leez - best of stupid faces":
my reaction -->HAHAHHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA xD
That is really the best point xD

(Checks the current poll results) ..wait, wut, there is actually someone who does NOT know who Leez is? o_O;; Maybe I should change the name into "Kubera Leez" for better recognition o_O;;??

Edited by Goobera, 20 February 2013 - 10:12 PM.

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

(Checks the current poll results) ..wait, wut, there is actually someone who does NOT know who Leez is? o_O;; Maybe I should change the name into "Kubera Leez" for better recognition o_O;;??

don't take it seriously, it was probably truepurple taking a stand because you're calling her the wrong name or something ...........maybe Leez should really be "unnamed green haired girl" like God Kubera should really be "unnamed" >_<

Edited by svines85, 20 February 2013 - 11:16 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

kurzon

kurzon

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 91 posts
But Leez really is named Leez. She chose to take the name on her birthday. Kubera was what she was called until her birthday. [At least, that's the way it seemed it was supposed to work.]

SoulCool

SoulCool

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUnited States
Being a guy, I sort of dig the new look for "hot", but I'm not actually sure if I'm interested in it sticking around.

In fact, the reason I kind of don't want it to stick around is because I never cared about Leez because of her looks. I'm invested in Leez because of her story, her character, her attributes, and basically everything that isn't "Wow check out how hot this character is."

On the other hand, if we see the dynamic of mental and physical age being played up a lot, I might be fine with the new look sticking around. I mean, could you imagine coming up to the realization that the last of your adolescence was stolen from you by someone in your society that is supposedly trustworthy? (A priest charged with protecting all of society.) Especially this would clash with just how trusting Leez is overall. I'd just love to see the result as Leez develops.

So I'm pretty conflicted. I'd like the old Leez back, but this new and interesting development just has so much potential to be awesome.

おはようございます。

=^^=

.../\...

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Hey, that's actually an interesting way of looking at it! Still, Poor Leez. D: It's like she came across a magic drink.

Magic drink: *makes you tall and cool! Take one.*
Leez: Yay! :D
Fine print: *Side-effects: death or eternal suffering*
Leez: Aw s.... :(

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

krackenker

krackenker

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSweden, Stockholm
I am not sure this is the right way for Leez to grow up, so plot wise im not sure if I am for or against it, but i do prefer her new look.. and since that is what the pool is about I vote for new hot Leez

TonyColmillos

TonyColmillos

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
i vote for the new leez, if she is going to be stupid then its ok to let her be hot, right? (think on the poor little leez!!)

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild
I actually find the young leez hotter then the new one, maybe its because of the cloths? Not sure, but they dont seem to fit her, or atleast thats what i think haha.

aovnZo7.png

foremostproxy

foremostproxy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
I am a guy....

But I want my Chickie back D:

Leez is a 16 year old girl, of course she's having fun. To most of us a 2ish chapter change looks like a wardrobe swap, but I'm really hoping she doesn't get stuck. It'd probably fuck with her head even more to be treated as an adult when still a kid at heart.

And Leez needs some peace, quiet, and kindness. To get back to some semblance of normality after having her entire life washed away in a red flood.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
^ Hahah, you're right, if this form lasts, Leez will soon get approached by all sorts of perverts, and I think she'll get fed-up and grossed-out by that fast and want to revert to being her usual self. xD Especially since her mentality isn't even that of an average 16 years-old's. Because she grew up so sheltered, she's like a little kid, and I don't think Most little girls like to be approached by icky ajussis.

Edited by Mizura, 22 February 2013 - 09:57 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA
<p>

<br />
^ Hahah, you&#39;re right, if this form lasts, Leez will soon get approached by all sorts of perverts, and I think she&#39;ll get fed-up and grossed-out by that fast and want to revert to being her usual self. xD Especially since her mentality isn&#39;t even that of an average 16 years-old&#39;s. Because she grew up so sheltered, she&#39;s like a little kid, and I don&#39;t think Most little girls like to be approached by icky ajussis.<br />

<br />
<br />
Geez, Leez has two choices look like a grown women and be harassed by dirty old men or be a 16 year and a attract Lolicons , and Yuta is booth so to speak :huh: :wub:"
Don't know the age of consent for Willarv , but was suprized at the age of consent for China &; Japan .

Edited by battradio, 22 February 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
Well.. at least there are 12 other people who also think that the usual Leez is best =_= Plus the 9 people who think that both are equally good ^^ ...*sigh*

It's not that I wish this Webtoon to get lower ratings and less popularity, but.. Just imagine, let's say Asha is your biggest favorite - and now imagine Currygom would say "Asha needs bigger boobs and more curves", and BOOM the cool awesome Asha would turn into some boring mainstream chick?

This is what I mean =_= It is clear that the "hot" Leez has fans, but this is not really the funny and unique Leez anymore in my opinion =_= I mean.. I look myself like the usual Leez, and I am already older than 18 and fully grown, there is nothing I will "grow up" from more. I will not get taller, and my D cup is definitely big enough, and will not "grow up" in any natural way =_=;; And I would feel very hurt and personally insulted if someone would come, and demand me to "improve" into some Barbie clone...

Spoiler

SoulCool

SoulCool

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUnited States
I just want to see how this develops, to be honest. I'm fine with either way (Though I lean toward the new look because of the potential for mental age dissonance), but I do hope we see movement to either quickly restore Leez to her normal look or establish the framework for leaving her as she is. I'd like this resolved quickly so we can move on to Leez developing emotionally and psychologically instead of just physically.

おはようございます。

=^^=

.../\...

tkl.ee

tkl.ee

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 426 posts

Just imagine, let's say Asha is your biggest favorite - and now imagine Currygom would say "Asha needs bigger boobs and more curves", and BOOM the cool awesome Asha would turn into some boring mainstream chick?

This is what I mean =_= It is clear that the "hot" Leez has fans, but this is not really the funny and unique Leez anymore in my opinion =_= I mean.. I look myself like the usual Leez, and I am already older than 18 and fully grown, there is nothing I will "grow up" from more. I will not get taller, and my D cup is definitely big enough, and will not "grow up" in any natural way =_=;; And I would feel very hurt and personally insulted if someone would come, and demand me to "improve" into some Barbie clone...

I get what you mean. Maybe, it's partly fan service but I do believe that Leez will eventually grow (In my view, she does not look like a grown up at all). She is only 16 after all. Her sudden growth spurt is used to emphasize and explain the true effects of Hoti Yama not really about trying to "improve" Leez in anyway...Besides, we actually got a hint way in the beginning of how Leez will eventually look like (in the insights).

I'm not really surprised by Leez's new look. I remember every time I saw the insight of Leez, I tell myself that I can't wait to see her when she grows up. It's not just Leez's new look, I also do feel that she has matured a bit, which before I wasn't really too fond of her childish/kid nature (but it's understandable since she is only 16).

Whether Leez will stay in this form or not right now, I don't know, but I do know that I can't wait when she has truly grown up and matured.

I am also one of those who chooses the current/grown Leez.

Oh and I'm a female, straight, by the way, but I also think Leez is sexy/cool in her new looks.

The female/male poll thing might also be a bit bias (a lurking variable resides) since a good majority on kubera forum seem to be males (based on this poll):
http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/8681-kubera-readers-gender-poll-plz-take-part-in-it-everyone/

Edited by tkl.ee, 24 February 2013 - 06:24 AM.

One Last God: Kubera (en)

Psst... need to find chapters that contain moments of LeezxYuta and LeezxKubera(Mister)? NO FEAR, click here

Ariatha

Ariatha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationTexas
Honestly? I really love both Leezes and this one is a current novelty. I would miss the old Leez if she disappeared for good with such short notice. Even her personality has altered just a bit. I can wait a bit for older Leez out of affection for the usual one. Both are Leez, and I think she deserves happiness for longer than a few months. Her future self is miserable or angry or apathetic in most scenes, after all.

Leez has her cool moments in her usual form.

Though currently, she should be glad she looks that way for more reasons than she looks hot. Gandharva still remembers Ketergent :lol:

Edited by Ariatha, 24 February 2013 - 07:48 PM.