Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The secret of Saitama's strength

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

FalsePraxis

FalsePraxis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Why does there have to be a plausible explanation?

Because the plot hints at there being one.

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts

It was confirmed in the translation of the original comic :P

Spoiler

Lowlightt

Lowlightt

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

It was confirmed in the translation of the original comic :P

Spoiler

Not quite true, this was the explanation given by a third party as to why hes so strong it has yet been confirmed that this is true in the story.

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!

I think the origins of other Mysterious Beings might be relevant, too.  So far, almost every Mysterious Being who gave us its backstory said something along the lines of "I did X a huge amount, and as a result I turned into Y."  Saitama's backstory fits this pattern perfectly.

DevilSigh

DevilSigh

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hey all, I'm new here and I wanna discuss about Saitama's insane strength.
I somehow think that the threshold theory is correct but, maybe his power has a more in depth connection to his baldness? I for one think that his power originated from his hair loss.
I believe that hair is a strong material so what if Saitama did indeed came into contact with a mysterious being that turned his hair power into raw, brute strength? Is that somehow possible?
Opinions, I want to know if this can be a truth to his, " Onepunch Power " .
Do be kind, I want to know if this can be true… aaaand if it isn't, ridicule me.
… actually don't ridicule me… please…

zentrex

zentrex

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Please guys... Saitama already said that he got it from 100push ups, sit ups, 10k run and shit everyday  so just believe the man

OnePunchManFan

OnePunchManFan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFollowing Saitama...

Please guys... Saitama already said that he got it from 100push ups, sit ups, 10k run and shit everyday  so just believe the man

This.

Anyways, the Evolution guy said that Saitama broke his limit but suffered a great price. I re-read chapter 2 and what's interesting is that Saitama says he not only lost his hair but he's slowly losing any sense of emotion - joy, anger, etc. and he's bored being the strongest. Those could also be one of the other price that he's paying.

prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationTiensha

the explanation is simply

because he's bald..... lol

VaticToxic

VaticToxic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

A "mysterious being" is a (sentient) being that poses a danger to society...Saitama is a sentient being, but the only reason he's not considered a "mysterious being" is because he's not seen as a danger. Rather, he's not famous or seen much at all. :P

I personally consider it most likely that it's him being a Mysterious Being combined with a "mind over matter" type of thing. He has "the same lifeless eyes" as the Crab in ch2. Whenever he is beaten senseless in flashbacks and is in horrible pain he just pushes himself more. He's repeatedly done X, so he turned into Y. He's repeatedly pushed past his limits, so he has no more limits. chapter 20.5, page 11.

"The true power of human beings is that we can change ourselves on our own!" - Saitama.

Genos even mentions how he "can't picture myself coming even close to attaining teacher's power" which, actually, might be the whole reason he hasn't attained such power. Saitama just never had that kind of mindset, as we can see from the flashbacks of his training.

His training made him strong...but not because of his training. Rather, it was because of his mindset during that training.

Also, I noticed that when he gets a lot stronger during the flashbacks he becomes a lot less detailed...like a background character.

Edited by VaticToxic, 12 August 2013 - 03:52 AM.

jrusse18

jrusse18

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 223 posts

As far as the "monsters he defeats with one punch come" theory goes, i know for a fact that's not gonna fly cause he eventually does punch something and it gets back up(i don't think it was hurt either, but i can't read Japanese so i couldn't tell). Will take a long time for this manga version to catch up to the original comic strip, so don't expect it for a long time.

I read that too but he wasn't being serious.

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud
NOTE SPOILERS

Spoiler

ika4QNM.png

vikor

vikor

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

if you look at chapter 10.5
this made me think maybe its like this he paid 200 yen to the pig somehow giving him a reward so that he gets 200 times the results of his training, then 200 times his own strength when he goes past his limit and receives 200 times the strength of the enemies he defeats making it so he receives an insane amount of power if you think about the enemies he`s beaten getting 200 times his own strength and 200 times the strength of the monsters he receives as intrest from the piggy bank.

Edited by vikor, 15 August 2013 - 09:37 PM.

YUIOP10

YUIOP10

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Jesus christ guys, go read the original. It's explained through the old House of Evolution scientist by author fiat that Saitama, a completely normal guy with low limits, broke his own limiter, resulting in his godlike strength. That's why the main villain of the latest arc becomes weaker at the end of his many transformations, disappointing Saitama.

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!

That's just the House of Evolution guy's speculation, though.  He doesn't know for sure.

ohdear

ohdear

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

I think it would really ruin the spirit of this manga if Saitama actually had some underlying, supernatural reason to his strength.  This manga is first and foremost a comedy, and the fact that Saitama became powerful through completely normal means is one of the main jokes.

mintycandy

mintycandy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I think it would really ruin the spirit of this manga if Saitama actually had some underlying, supernatural reason to his strength.  This manga is first and foremost a comedy, and the fact that Saitama became powerful through completely normal means is one of the main jokes.

Yep! I'd have to agree to that although the theories shared by everybody also made sense. But this manga is much more interesting with more mystery about Saitama. Also, @ohdear pointed out one purpose of the manga.

Rien

Rien

Potato

• Members
  • 167 posts

What will probably happen is that some other super smart guy figures out for real how Saitama became so strong as he punches out some other threat to the world.

And all Saitama will say is "DOES IT EVEN MATTER?"

pijoed

pijoed

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts

img000008.jpg

i THINK this chapter is simply is a gag.....

he keep thinking the sting feeling he gt with overworking himself but it isn't so....

it is just his bad tooth

his pain reseptor has been messing with him since he start to become too strong......

he alrdy super strong and super fast even when he still has hair

while he has hair , he alrdy fussing about how he lost his hair..... remember the 17-,000 yrs old chicada's chapter.

SightlessReality

SightlessReality

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

I'm rooting for the limit breaker theory. Seems the most plausible one to be honest. The mysterious being theory is okay but it doesn't really fit to what we'v seen so far for him specifically.

ryowulf

ryowulf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 59 posts

Most if not all people who break their limit go crazy, so there seems to be more to it.  Also in the older comic we see someone break their limit, but isn't as powerful as Saitama.  Saitama isn't just strong(strength).