Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Chrome/Firefox Malware warning

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

Kaosu

Kaosu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

MHmm you guys can click on the Advanced thing, and then choose to continue surfing.

I did :D Nobody gets in the way of me, and me re-reading ToG again.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
The ads have been turned off temporarily until the issue can be resolved.

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
Strangely IE(8) never gave me any warning, only Firefox and Chrome.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Strangely IE(8) never gave me any warning, only Firefox and Chrome.

Warning is from Google, which firefox and chrome checks through.
It might even be a false positive from Google, so, there's no real reason for IE to be showing issues.

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
The problem still persists for me on this page.
My problems started only after the post about the ads being removed. Strange.

2z50p6t.png

Dafortminor

Dafortminor

Omnipotence

• Global Mods
  • 752 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
Did you close your browser and clear the cache?
Best and fastest way to contact me is via Discord: Daffy#9194.

Jimbobob5536

Jimbobob5536

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
I'm also getting malware warnings when I try to view chapter. It's not just this site either.

Dark-Sword

Dark-Sword

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Problem persists for me. Already did what the moderator suggested above but nothing.

Jimbobob5536

Jimbobob5536

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
I've looked into this, and apparently Google has been having problems with false positives. That was back in mid-January, but still. It might be Google's fault.

Mangastream still works fine, but it's selection is significantly smaller than here.

Mangapanda, on the other hand, does not work. Try it, and you get the malware message.

Edit: To note, this site works fine when I go to it via Safari. Someone else mentioned that it also works through IE. I'm really thinking that this is Google's fault.

Edited by Jimbobob5536, 04 February 2013 - 05:19 AM.

b-werx

b-werx

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 31 posts
GEWD LAWD! I clicked a manga this morning and I got an "Attacker Website" warning from Google. I hope this is a temporary thing

Kobato <3

Kobato <3

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Yes I also get the Malware Message when opening up Manga Chapters, using Firefox.

kanojorinko

kanojorinko

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
For me, I was reading Mirai Nikki until about roughly half an hour ago this error popped up. I couldn't continue reading or even get my daily fix of Magi. :( Using Google Chrome.

Mild Fracas

Mild Fracas

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationThe Disco
So looks like Google is having some technical difficulties with this kind of thing. False positives and all that.

So those who use Chrome click the "advanced" link and choose to keep browsing, and those that use Firefox click the text in the bottom right of the window that says "Ignore this warning".

Anime

Anime

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBay Area
i think its infect all the pages. This is what i got: http://i.imgur.com/bAl8GRb.png

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
Just ignore the warning. It's safe.

Jimbobob5536

Jimbobob5536

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Right. Gonna turn off the warning function for that, else I'll have to click through it every time I finish a page.

Damn Google.

s1b0i6n5

s1b0i6n5

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
Confirmation that it's triggered by Google: try accessing Batoto via google, you'll get this page regardless of your choice of browser.

Attached Files

SoundSpark

SoundSpark

Baked Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 1,644 posts
And this is why I don't use Chrome, never reliable and there's always something wrong with it.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

And this is why I don't use Chrome, never reliable and there's always something wrong with it.

You too??? I can't keep up with the number of glitches I seem to have with it and have had...........though there's a number of things I like about it, there's plenty of things that give me problems too.

yeah, i got the malware thing too............cleared the cache and it went away immediately. >_<

Edited by svines85, 04 February 2013 - 06:06 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

CallistoNTG

CallistoNTG

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
Just got it on this page on Firefox using ABP: http://vatoto.com/read/_/119519/akuma-de-koi-shiyou_v1_ch1_by_autumn-scans
Hope you guys find the offending ad.