Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Madan no Ou Theories [WARNING: CONTAINS MASSIVE SPOILERS]

Madan no ou to Vanadis

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

3point1416

3point1416

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
Okay this topic is about your take on the novel of Madan no Ou to Vanadis, it's about the unanswered questions on who, what, when, where, and why that leaves some of its readers hangin' I start with my own Hypothesis:

The Voln family. It's origins and secrets.
The Voln family,one of the lesser noble families in Brune that excel in hunting using bows, the current generation member is our protag Tigrewyrmd (Tigre-vur-mud). Many questions revolve around who really are the Voln family and why they posses such powerful weapon.

1st. The bow is something that can call upon the power of the Draconic Weapons.
This brings about the question of how come Draconic Weapons of Zchted is called upon by a weapon in a neighboring rival nation: Brune.
Brune itself had it's own share of legends, such as the Sword of Invincibility which is "Durandal" but the problem is that the Bow doesn't have a share in Brune's legends save for one mentioned by Lim

" A man received a bow from a Goddess. As long as he wielded it, he would not be defeated by his enemies. It is said he became King and and was called the Madan no Ou"

Who is the said king? Could it be the king of Zchted? But why would it end up in a remote region of Brune?

Though Lim stated that it didn't came out of the Founder of Zchted story and that the legend was earlier (on par with the legend of the goddesses) it's quite plausible, But why would a man of virtue decide to leave the country he founded? I'll leave this open to you.

(Extra note: Without the Vanadis. this bow shoots out a nuke that looks like a Black Dragon... any ideas?)

2nd. Who is the goddess behind the bow? As of now I have 2 candidates, 1The goddess of darkness Tir na Fal, 2. The goddess of Storms and Wind Alice. At first one might suppose it's Tir na Fal, because of it's appearance being Jet-Black in color, as well as Tigre and the Vanadis feeling that it is ominous whenever they get to touch it, That doesn't help that Tir na Fal appears to Tigre once and teaches him to use the bow... the painful way around, it shoots Black fires without a Vanadis providing power to it, feeds on Tigre's negative emotions, and nearly puts him to death a few times, And by the way, it's power destroyed an entire city at the cost of the archer who shot it... On the other hand, Alice is the goddess for archers, seeing that they always pray to her whenever they shoot, Tigre himself mentioned her several times, and the last goddess who helps him in the final battle (Note: Alice looked like Ellen)

Feel free to add your theories...

elairz

elairz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
it seem using the bow special power drain him of his life force. which is why it quite a pity the previous user wasted his life in 1 nuke shot. in my opinion this bow fit a weapon for goddess of darkness Tir Na Fal. in exchange of great power, his life force is drained.

about the bow being the weapon of the first Zchted king, i somehow doubt that. it might not be as straightforward as that.

and another thing, i pity Roland..such a waste of uber char..

Sir Lagsalot

Sir Lagsalot

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
The bow was given by
Spoiler

3point1416

3point1416

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
Well, ok it seems that the bow came Zhcted is now out, I re-read book 5, and the bow origin's is in Brune... though it wasn't supposed to be in Alsace in the 1st place (According to Ganelon, seems like Tigre's Ancestor knew the tyranny of the duke and try to put it in the most remote place as possible, Ganelon didn't knew in the first place that the bow is a family heirloom of the Voln family) The bow was used by the goddess to control the three headed dragon... (EAT IT ZHCTED!!!), Though it's unusual to see Tir na Fal cooperate with other goddesses (because she is considered as a taboo)

3point1416

3point1416

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
About the title and Tigre's fate.
Madan no Ou or King of the Magic Bullet, Tigre is headed to this one, In fact one of his newly received title further approves it... Lumiere or Knight of Moonlight.
The said person who received that title married the princess and become the next king, we can only guess what will happen next... Regin...

Randomleech

Randomleech

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Somehow, I get the feeling that Durandal (Roland's sword) and the Black Bow go as a pair...
Something else is that:

"The flag of house Vorn held a white crescent-moon and meteor on blue fabric."

Remember the praise from Muozinel?

"Your skill is reminiscent of a legend in our country about a man who was called Silvrash[Star Shooter]"

And with the way he gets the title of "Knight of the Moonlight"...

3point1416

3point1416

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
And I remember the price of earning the title Lumiere...
Wedding bells are ringing...

About the House of Voln I've been thinking about the bow being not of Brune Origin...
Heck, even Tigre gets welcomed to Asvarre later on, and was told that he possess the form of the King, hence "Madan no Ou"

Maybe his ancestors Nuked one of the cities in Muozinel. At the cost of his life though

Randomleech

Randomleech

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I didn't get to read tome 6, so I wouldn't know about what happened in Asvarre, but since his territory in Brune used to be at the opposite of their common border, it is likely... if the Voln house has some serious background (you don't keep a noble who exiled himself to your land next to where he used to be, he could plot a rebellion...).
Another question comes to me though: What could force a powerful noble -or a high-ranking military officer- (with a title like Madan no Ou...) to exile himself to the neighboring country who despised the use of the bow?

3point1416

3point1416

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
Let me guess: So that it won't be obvious where the bow is, considering some wanted it... Ganelon is after the bow, and so does Duke Thenardier's dragon tamer, and Zhcted... Duke Thenardier is not after it because he is an idiot who despises it as well, and he also never heard of the legend of the black bow.
Perhaps Lord Voln doesn't want anyone from the Asvarre Royalty to obtain the bow. And that only the Voln Family can use it. either way, Ganelon and the others will fail cause he can't use it. Remember, like the Draconic Tools, the bow has a mind of its own, the mind of the goddess of darkness and death: Tir Na Fal...

"If there is a person who is more powerful than the Vanadis, I wish to secure such person in order to gain dominance over the other six..."
-Ellen and Mira.

"...Surprising, we never thought the bow would end up in a remote place like Alsace, and to find it here in Brune where archery is ridiculed..."
-Duke Ganelon

I kinda forgot that Tigre's father wanted him to see more than Alsace. Which he had no idea that his son is as stubborn as he is, wanted to stay there for the rest of his life, thankfully the father's wish comes true thanks to Ellen... now he's out globetrotting... with Olga.

Something is fishy rather, Brune had legends of the bow, and heroes of them but that is understandable, The royalty of Brune is not from Brune itself, and that there's a powerful clan ruling Brune before which had utter respect for the bow of the goddess that controlled the 3 headed dragon.

kayle101

kayle101

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

are there any raws out there in comic's not just the novel since i can't seem to find any that are

and as well any sites that have the novel translated too would be nice

3point1416

3point1416

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

there are raws to the manga in sen manga

http://raw.senmanga.com/Madan_no_Ou_to_Senki/

oh btw, LN gets updated, and I didn't expect that there's no opposition to Tigre in Zhcted, even the king wants to promote him to a higher position (currently he's a guess Commandant) He's going to get promoted to Military Advisor. At the cost of not being able to return to Brune (which he had no choice cause he is really needed for the special mission) AND HE GETS MORE HAREM MEMBERS...

prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationTiensha

the proper explanation of Tigre mysteries is... maybe Brune and Zhcted is one kingdom.. or brune was belongs to the strongest tribe in Zhcted civil war timeline..  thus ruler of brune didn't necessarily need to cooperate with black king itself... as for alsace... is the home town and origin of black king itself... thus makes tigre is the rightful ruler of brune and zhcted...

3point1416

3point1416

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

the proper explanation of Tigre mysteries is... maybe Brune and Zhcted is one kingdom.. or brune was belongs to the strongest tribe in Zhcted civil war timeline..  thus ruler of brune didn't necessarily need to cooperate with black king itself... as for alsace... is the home town and origin of black king itself... thus makes tigre is the rightful ruler of brune and zhcted...

That's the closest (and the most concise) theory since before the Brune kingdom came to being there's already a powerful and secretive clan ruling the area (The one that abandoned Zhcted)...

And it's the one that makes the most sense as well... though it doesn't end with Brune and Zhcted...

Asvarre and Sachstein is also related to it as well... (Zhcted had the Black Dragon, Asvarre had the Red Dragon)

Edited by 3point1416, 09 June 2013 - 10:59 AM.

3point1416

3point1416

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

So summing it up:

The Voln which is not known by it's current name is an ancient clan dating back to the Zhcted civil wars (Hence having the same pantheon of gods), it's the strongest clan, even stronger than the 7 clans that vowed loyalty to the Black Dragon King. It decided to be independent hence, they formed the 1st clan that lived in Lutelia. And what about the Black Bow and the Durandal? The Black Bow and the Durandal were the key that allowed the clan to hold their ground against Zhcted since it's so powerful than any draconic tool (which can only do major destruction on the battlefield but not on nuking cities(at the cost of his life). Soon however the old clan begun dying out because of it's isolationist policies, hence it's descendants became a minority in Brune only known as the Voln and several minor families, the Voln took their heirloom with them: The Black Bow, as for the Durandal, it's forgotten because none of the old families can wield it. Charles then finds the sword in question and through a prophesy (I don't know if Tir na Fal has something to do with it), Becomes the King of Brune through the sheer power of the sword. It is then passed on, while the Voln family, knowing that the Bow is a great Hazard if it's wielded by a person seeking only power through cruel means(Thenardier and Ganelon are prime example) decided to keep a low profile by lording over a frontier territory in which no one would like to stay in: Alsace. This belief has been passed through the Voln family (along with the bow, though they never disclosed about it to their descendants) and it's the reason why Tigre still prefers staying in Alsace and living a quiet life (You can blame all his forefathers for that one).

prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationTiensha

So summing it up:

The Voln which is not known by it's current name is an ancient clan dating back to the Zhcted civil wars (Hence having the same pantheon of gods), it's the strongest clan, even stronger than the 7 clans that vowed loyalty to the Black Dragon King. It decided to be independent hence, they formed the 1st clan that lived in Lutelia. And what about the Black Bow and the Durandal? The Black Bow and the Durandal were the key that allowed the clan to hold their ground against Zhcted since it's so powerful than any draconic tool (which can only do major destruction on the battlefield but not on nuking cities(at the cost of his life). Soon however the old clan begun dying out because of it's isolationist policies, hence it's descendants became a minority in Brune only known as the Voln and several minor families, the Voln took their heirloom with them: The Black Bow, as for the Durandal, it's forgotten because none of the old families can wield it. Charles then finds the sword in question and through a prophesy (I don't know if Tir na Fal has something to do with it), Becomes the King of Brune through the sheer power of the sword. It is then passed on, while the Voln family, knowing that the Bow is a great Hazard if it's wielded by a person seeking only power through cruel means(Thenardier and Ganelon are prime example) decided to keep a low profile by lording over a frontier territory in which no one would like to stay in: Alsace. This belief has been passed through the Voln family (along with the bow, though they never disclosed about it to their descendants) and it's the reason why Tigre still prefers staying in Alsace and living a quiet life (You can blame all his forefathers for that one).

in the last chap of LN the monster had mention about Vanadis being their mortal enemy.. and they was looking for the bow wich is mean that your theory is closest to be proove...

I believe strongly that Brune and Zhcted was one community once. because they had same language and in some aspect they worship same deity... the key of it is timeline between zhcted civil war and Charles the king.... wich one is happen first..... If this revealed maybe we can derived next theory....

3point1416

3point1416

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

*sigh* expect no discussion about it this time, even in the 7th Volume cause Tigre ain't returning home with Sophie... And that volume also focuses on Elizavetta who will be coming to him as reinforcements, or will he detour with her in Lebus... so he'll be outside his zone for a long time and no time for digging deep (Unless the goddess misses him because he ignored her in volume 5) then he'll get to the bottom of his situation...

I guess this novel is going to take double digits if you ask me... 7 Volumes for each Vanadis, and 3 Volumes do deal with the conspiracy with Ganelon, getting a higher position in Zhcted, returning to the situation in Brune (I can't wait to see his face when he realizes he got lots of marriage and maid requests), digging secrets, another conversation with Sasha, and to give Valentina what she's been waiting for... a chance to score on Lord Voln.

Then we will get enlightenment on how the hell he will usurp the throne... and who will be the legal wife...

3point1416

3point1416

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

Okay another thing:

It's said that the bow requires conditions even if a Vanadis is present according to the goddess:

1) Discover the truth of the bow from Tir na Fa, the goddess of death who handed it down to his ancestor (and who Tigre resembles a lot according to her), or;
2) Use the bow's power; as according to Tir na Fa he is nowhere near his ancestor's level who could use the bow's power consciously, hence her words "Make the bow yours"

Tigre is always wounded by the time he uses the power, a glaring case is in Volume 1 where his wounded hand he uses to hold the bow bleed and his blood was used as the catalyst for summoning Tir na Fal...

bluedesire

bluedesire

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

3point1416, on 03 Jul 2013 - 18:41, said:
*sigh* expect no discussion about it this time, even in the 7th Volume cause Tigre ain't returning home with Sophie... And that volume also focuses on Elizavetta who will be coming to him as reinforcements, or will he detour with her in Lebus... so he'll be outside his zone for a long time and no time for digging deep (Unless the goddess misses him because he ignored her in volume 5) then he'll get to the bottom of his situation...

I guess this novel is going to take double digits if you ask me... 7 Volumes for each Vanadis, and 3 Volumes do deal with the conspiracy with Ganelon, getting a higher position in Zhcted, returning to the situation in Brune (I can't wait to see his face when he realizes he got lots of marriage and maid requests), digging secrets, another conversation with Sasha, and to give Valentina what she's been waiting for... a chance to score on Lord Voln.

Then we will get enlightenment on how the hell he will usurp the throne... and who will be the legal wife...

Well...given that part, i get the feeling that sophie is going to be rescued. It is just that....up till now, the prologue only describes about tigre's future actions for the war, not about whether or not he returns so what gave you the hint that he is not returning yet?

Edited by bluedesire, 20 July 2013 - 07:03 PM.

3point1416

3point1416

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

Well if you want to look for clues about your origin, the best place is where you found it 1st.... that is Alsace...

bluedesire

bluedesire

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I really do hope that they give rescuing sophie their priority D= i can't bear to see sophie go through that much of a suffering already. Dang...

Edited by bluedesire, 21 July 2013 - 06:04 AM.