Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Things that could be fixed (in the Scanlation)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ChecksandStripes

ChecksandStripes

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi there :)

This is ChecksandStripes (aka CherryTomato) from Bento Scans.

I might not have choosen the best time to right this with all the comments about "rape"... but for those still following the series... I've been thinking of doing a version 2 of a few to all of the chapters of Madan (if we need to), fixing anything that needs fixing. This is mainly to fix the “prince” and “duke” thing, seeing that it is quite a major change, but I thought I’d also take this opportunity to fix the more minor errors as well.

Since the readers are the most important aspect of any Manga (or anything that requires reading really), I hope to get some contribution from you readers about other possible errors that could be fixed in Madan. The few other members of Bento and I, have already read each chapter of Madan to death – to a point where our brains naturally make something that may be wrong seem right (I’m not joking, I’ve literally read it that many times). Besides, I think a fresh pair of eyes could always do us some good :).

Here’s a list of things we plan on changing so far:

1. The thing about the magic arrow – chapter 1
2. A few minor errors Siler pointed out on our forums (can’t be bothered typing out what these are, if you find a minor error but you’re not sure if it’s covered or not, don’t be afraid of posting it anyway just in case)
3. The Duke and Prince thing

I plan on waiting a few weeks for a couple of responses before proceeding with the changes so this probably won’t be happening for a while.

Apart from that, just so you guys (and girls) know, I do not think I am perfect nor do I think I am in any way above any of you, and I’m perfectly happy to accept that I make mistakes. I am here, writing this, because I honestly want to hear your opinions and improve, so that I can give you readers the best quality chapter that I can provide. Having said that, I cannot promise you I will not continue making mistakes in the future. I can promise you however, that if you do find a mistake and tell me about it, AND I agree with you (which is most of the time – otherwise I’ll argue with you until we come to an agreement on something XD), I will fix it next time (or re-do it if I think it’s bad enough or we have enough time to spare).

So why am I saying this? Madan’s comments have all been very nice, and I have been very grateful of that. It’s just that, I happened upon this very hurtful site whilst reading through some posts on a certain forum topic on Mangaupdates yesterday, and although that site had no content about our group specifically (our group is too small and insignificant for them to notice yet...), I still found it very saddening. It is not at all pleasant to see people find amusement in other people’s mistakes. However, it is even more unpleasant a feeling to know that I probably have made, and probably will continue making mistakes of a similar degree to the ones those people have pointed out, and cannot help but do so. I cannot change that. What I can do though, is ask of anyone reading this, to, rather than just laugh at our/my mistakes, to instead point them out (somewhere we can see) – which is precisely what I’m hoping to do with this post. – So that in the future, no matter how distant it may be, we can present you with better quality scanlations.

Oh and before I forget... if we do end up releasing something with an amendment you suggested, tell us if you want your name on the credits page as well. It’ll probably look something like “and a specials thanks goes to xxx, yyy, zzz for their contribution to this chapter”... or something. I haven’t thought quite that far yet.

So umm... don’t hesitate to post our possible mistakes here :D!? <- main point of that pointlessly long essay is summarized in this one sentence, if you don’t want to read the rest... >.>

Although this page is mainly focused on the script, if anyone finds errors with the typesetting or cleaning that you think needs to be fixed, feel free to mention them as well.