Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 1029votes)

The Gamer

Alt Names: alt Banzaialt 더 게이머alt Oyuncu(Turkish)alt THE 게이머alt اللاعبalt بازیکن
Author: Sung Sang-Young
Artist: Sang-Ah
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalWebtoon Webtoon[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Official RAW of The Gamer: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=552960

Official English translation: http://www.webtoons.com/episodeList?titleNo=88

====Batoto Staff Notice====
This comic has been requested to be taken down by Naver. Do not upload, for any language.
This record has been left here to serve as a notice.
===========================
Go to The Gamer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Gamer latest chapter discussion New Window 12 others
  • 1391 Replies
Topic His Father? New Window Ninjacat Dude
  • 18 Replies
Topic poeple better at being a gamer then the gamer New Window cjk33
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
Topic Light novel New Window 25Baam
  • 1 Replies

2160 Comments

Hmm? Did he try shouting "manual" or "help" yet? There might be  manual hidden or at least some tips and tricks :P

It probably won't work, but it might be worth trying to shout "Quicksave".

This manhwa might be some pretty cool Shjt !

Personally if CHA or Charisma was a stat I'd pump EVERYTHING INTO IT. Oh and luck too. Just so I can be one suave bastard. Charming all the ladies and the world! ;D

haha go read Dice (another manhwa)

Hmm? Did he try shouting "manual" or "help" yet? There might be  manual hidden or at least some tips and tricks :P

*Ping* "Masochism (Passive) LV1 EXP: 0.0%
Pain is now pleasurable.
10% of damage is converted into sexual pleasure."

It probably would be something like "Heals X health every time you get hit by an enemy", which would be useful fot tanking against enemies with high-count low-medium damage multi-hitting combos.

He could use his inventory as an invisible cheat sheet if he filled it entirely with letters or paper... and much more...

You're a genius.

I believe you are right, but i think he doesn't use it right now so that he doesn't make the same mistake of putting all of it into a not so usefull build for the moment. If i were him i would increase 4 dex/2 int/2 wis/2 luck, since right now it's better to stay on the hit and run, as he did with the slime. How he will actually lvl up i still wish to see. The heck, i want to see this going on for more than a hundred chapters, along with a "relationship bar" from gal games. It would be epic!

My guess is that he's trying to understand everything about the system before deciding on what to expend. He probably plans to try and test what each stat effects too, after figuring out the ivnentory system.

Also, what he needs to spend also depends on what weapons he has avaliable, and other factors. For instance, while weapons' special attacks are learnt by leveling up that weapon's usage, we don't know if spells and other special technique are also learnt by simply leveling up or he needs a spellbook/shop.

I WANT THAT TO HAPPEN TO ME

This reminds me of moonlight sculptor.

so, if he goes to a BDSM cafe his Physical Endurance skill will increase by tenfolds then?

*Ping* "A skill has been created through a special action."

*Ping* "A skill to ENJOY GETTING ABUSED, 'Masochism', has been created."

*Ping* "Masochism (Passive) LV1 EXP: 0.0%
Pain is now pleasurable.
10% of damage is converted into sexual pleasure."

Uhhhhhh no thanks. Why not just take martial arts instead?  Get training from that redhead. He should also run a lot to increase agility since AGI increases ATK SPD thus more AGI means faster/more attacks. AGI KNIGHT! ASSASSIN! Oh ya that influences dodge too... sooooo BONUS!

Personally if CHA or Charisma was a stat I'd pump EVERYTHING INTO IT. Oh and luck too. Just so I can be one suave bastard. Charming all the ladies and the world! ;D

Hmm beer is probably gonna end up as the "mana" potion.

so, if he goes to a BDSM cafe his Physical Endurance skill will increase by tenfolds then?

In the status window above money you can see "Point", what is that? Unused status point? Why don't he use it though?

I believe you are right, but i think he doesn't use it right now so that he doesn't make the same mistake of putting all of it into a not so usefull build for the moment. If i were him i would increase 4 dex/2 int/2 wis/2 luck, since right now it's better to stay on the hit and run, as he did with the slime. How he will actually lvl up i still wish to see. The heck, i want to see this going on for more than a hundred chapters, along with a "relationship bar" from gal games. It would be epic!

In the status window above money you can see "Point", what is that? Unused status point? Why don't he use it though?

He should play around testing the other neat side effects of his stats. Seeing as he has no "real" class yet he should test what works out best for him or might be of use in his everyday life :D

I mean he can always purchase a re-spec consumable in the cash-shop later on...
I mean, wouldn't it be awesome if INT actually made you more intelligent instead of just boosting your magical damage? What unpredictable "RL"-advantages could the other stats have?
I mean.

And isn't the inventory part like the best part? He could even smuggle a tank behind airport controls using his inventory (probably only takes up one slot anyway...). He could steal a lot of stuff tracelessly etc. He could use his inventory as an invisible cheat sheet if he filled it entirely with letters or paper... and much more...

His ability is really handy *envy* XD

Now this guy is on a roll!

i love this one.

This is fantastic. The reason this is working so well is that they're actually focusing on the cool parts of the concept instead of getting caught up in generic cliche BS.

cant wait to see how this develops

Hope there's no limit to the amount of skills and that he has the ability to max them all out.

Maxing the attributes would be nice too, I'm worried he'll spend points and time on attributes and skills he regret later on.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was stat/skill reset items, probably with conditions like stats gain through special actions are lost. Saving points now is the best choice till he learns more about his power though.

So, what all was that in his equipment window?  Rings, vambraces and greaves, from their shape, is my guess.  It's a bit odd to have forearms and shins separate from upper and lower armor, but maybe they're "gloves" and "boots" analogues?  No, because he had a separate footwear window with his sneakers in them...  Um.  Since the lower set was on his hands (in the paperdoll) maybe they are the "vambrace" or "glove" slot...  I notice there are two different slots, as well, which would indicate he can wear two different ones with different abilities?  A mitten for cold resistance and a boxing glove for +attack? <snicker>  Fashion reject for min-maxing, ah the memories.

@DukeGod I agree- and if he goes all in on Int like he was planning, he'll have an 18.  Not bad at all, right? ;)

Blunt Weapon lol

@Astra19 Maybe he should *Sit* hahahha.

We already know he can click on skills and mp for more information. He should do the same with his attributes at this point. Yes we know the main benefit from increasing them, but they probably have side benefits. For instance in some games high intelligence will mean you increase skills faster. Not mention some clarity for what luck does for him would be nice.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics