Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 1029votes)

The Gamer

Alt Names: alt Banzaialt 더 게이머alt Oyuncu(Turkish)alt THE 게이머alt اللاعبalt بازیکن
Author: Sung Sang-Young
Artist: Sang-Ah
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalWebtoon Webtoon[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Official RAW of The Gamer: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=552960

Official English translation: http://www.webtoons.com/episodeList?titleNo=88

====Batoto Staff Notice====
This comic has been requested to be taken down by Naver. Do not upload, for any language.
This record has been left here to serve as a notice.
===========================
Go to The Gamer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Gamer latest chapter discussion New Window 12 others
  • 1391 Replies
Topic His Father? New Window Ninjacat Dude
  • 18 Replies
Topic poeple better at being a gamer then the gamer New Window cjk33
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
Topic Light novel New Window 25Baam
  • 1 Replies

2160 Comments

you do realize hack came out 7 years before sword art online was first publshed right?

The whole stuck in a game thing is not new at all, sword arts is just more well known

hence the sentence " Then again .hack// was my first so..." so of course I do know that, I'm not a noob otaku, I started when I was 8...

I'm just saying that the whole craze has gotten more popular ever since SAO (although I am reading the Light novel so I'm part of the blame as well) because they sold Moe on it and I think that .hack// should get more recognition as well, .hack// the last time I heard about them was the movie that came out over a year ago

I hope the guy keeps the blunt mastery and a bat. And btw MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MROE MROEMREMROMEROEROEROEOROERMOEMROEMROEROEMROEORMEOORMEPROMERRMOERPOAJKLÖDKSALFKÖLSAKÖLASKFÖ /heartattack

Wait hold the phone! GAIA THEORY? Wtf? I've played so many games and I've never encountered that! Everything from RPGs to Strategies... oh wait... I think this is in most of the Final Fantasy series... mmmm... is there any other games besides the FF series that uses the GAIA theory?

Maybe I just don't pay a lot of attention to the story... like in most MMOs...

97% of them are have 'living planet/environmentalism' crap(I say that because I want to play a game, not have political BS thrown at me) in it. Its just that the Final Fantasy series is very blunt about it with FF VII being the prime example.

Don't you hate when a manga/manwha come out dealing with a RPG element, people start saying Sword Art Online this and that.

To me, this is more like Elder Scrolls or Fallout where every actions affect your stats.

I was kind of worried when I saw this chapter on naver and thought his friend might be a bastard (since I can't read korean), glad to see he isn't. This is getting more and more interesting

Wait hold the phone! GAIA THEORY? Wtf? I've played so many games and I've never encountered that! Everything from RPGs to Strategies... oh wait... I think this is in most of the Final Fantasy series... mmmm... is there any other games besides the FF series that uses the GAIA theory?

Maybe I just don't pay a lot of attention to the story... like in most MMOs...

I hope he only tell his ability to his friend only, because I like the thing about keeping his power unknown to other  and seeing their confused look because they are trying to figure out his power and they still don't known what it is.

ever get the feeling that some anime/manga/manwha are cashing in on the SAO craze?

Then again .hack// was my first so...

you do realize hack came out 7 years before sword art online was first publshed right?

The whole stuck in a game thing is not new at all, sword arts is just more well known

For anybody who hasn't read it yet, I'd quickly like to recommend The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor (Baka-updates page for it for those who are interested) which is pretty similar in concept in many ways to The Gamer and also incredibly enjoyable.

It's pretty much unheard of that a series could keep my total attention for 6 days straight and still keep me unable to think of anything else for days later, but LMS managed it. Give it a try!

ever get the feeling that some anime/manga/manwha are cashing in on the SAO craze?

Then again .hack// was my first so...

I can tell you from experience; Walk around with a bat and people will think you're just a delinquent. Walk around with an axe and people will call the cops.

You walked around with an axe?!

I can tell you from experience; Walk around with a bat and people will think you're just a delinquent. Walk around with an axe and people will call the cops.

He should of used a an axe instead of a bat. That would of leveled up his lumberjack skill and manliness skill. Probably would of gained a bit of str too.

And his ability to wear lingerie

Thank you BAP Scans for another awesome chapter of The Gamer! I don't know what I'd do without you guys! Keep up the good work

Best webtoon I've read so far, this is so deep in every way, not just like some lousy SAO or Log Horizon, here the character must analyze the Situation before doing anything and come up with training even outside of normal battles + he's a complete beginner.

If you want a more gamey story check out The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, which has a lot of character optimization and training. It is also written by a korean authour, man these koreans really know a lot about games.

Don't worriy, zombies walking around your house is rather normal in this age :)

I wonder when he will get a sword...but then again if he does...doesn't that mean that his blunt mastery is wasted?

or a rat flail

Instead of 'killing', it sounds as if skills have different exp/proficiency rates separate from character exp. Skill exp should increase through usage, even if it's used on something that doesn't generate exp, like a tree.

Character exp seems to increase through quests, killing mobs, and stat training (studying, working out).

Yep all that was quite obvious from the six chapters available and yes trees can be killed since they are technically a living breathing organic being. Also I was talking about them as if they were a monster that's quite popular in video games and mythology. Anyways I already knew he was there to grind skill exp, but since he didn't 'kill' the tree as it's still standing he didn't get more or maybe even level exp.

He should of used a an axe instead of a bat. That would of leveled up his lumberjack skill and manliness skill. Probably would of gained a bit of str too.

I wonder when he will get a sword...but then again if he does...doesn't that mean that his blunt mastery is wasted?

I'm a bit lost at his calculation of Power Strike's damage. It seems to me like the only way to get it to 22.5 is if you take in account the frequency of criticals and make an average, which gets you 22.815, meaning you have to truncate on top of that.

Also, this assumes that accumulated % bonus are additive (like in Xenoblade), not multiplicative.

Thanks for all your hard work BAP Scans!

Do energy drinks heal stamina?

I would say yes but they probably also have a negative effect like -20% mp & heal 50% less for each consecutive can you drink the same day.    

Best webtoon I've read so far, this is so deep in every way, not just like some lousy SAO or Log Horizon, here the character must analyze the Situation before doing anything and come up with training even outside of normal battles + he's a complete beginner.

Loving this

I'm thirst for new chapter of this manga !!

Where's the update ?!

*sigh*

Look unless you contributing directly to the release via working for them or donating please keep your selfish demands private.

Keep in mind THEY DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS AT ALL and could easily just move onto another series or disband if they so choose.

As such you should be thanking them that you are able to read it online in a language that you understand instead of having to learn Korean or whatever language it originally was in.

If he dies you think he'll just revive from a save point like a game character too?

He's probably running Ironman mode.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics