Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 197votes)

Sakuranbo Syndrome

Alt Names: alt Cherries Syndrome
Author: Kitazaki Taku
Artist: Kitazaki Taku
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "Progressive Rejuvenation Syndrome." This is an extremely rare disease causing the inflicted person to gradually become younger. The main character of this story, Munenori Agawa, is the only person who could save Rena Amami from this odd disease. Agawa's saliva is the only thing that can halt the disease from making Rena younger, so they must kiss everyday in order for her to survive. This causes an immense amount of conflict and drama between Agawa and his new girlfriend, Sayako Asou. This triangle relationship story tests the capabilities and limitations of human love.
Go to Sakuranbo Syndrome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Sakuranbo Syndrome Ending Spoilers New Window BowlOfNoodles
  • 7 Replies
Topic Those who want to download New Window Zujids
  • 4 Replies

486 Comments

Welcome to the penultimate chapter of Sakuranbo Syndrome!

After the chapter releases we will produce volume releases of superior quality. To this end, we will create a list of errata and improvements and implement them as best we can. If you readers would like to make any suggestions, they would be of great help.

you make a good point and I totally agree that this whole conflict was basically the culmination of the tension that was slowly being built up between Asou and Rena and Agawa sort of caught in between.

I actually like that this development is finally forcing them to face their problems and Asou's inner demons/insecurities. What bugs me though is the way this conflict happened. Especially the need for the "villain" to be some crazy person that may be working for another flat character (Asou's rival, old director guy). These two characters are basically written purely for the readers to hate, like "look at me with my crazy eyes and arched eyebrows and doing all these despicable things!". The author could've easily just had the doctor discover someone who had the acs enzyme but wasn't a lunatic and it would've been enough as a catalyst for the conflict.

It just feels weird contrasting the depth of the 3 main characters and the complexities in the relationships between each other to these antagonists that feel like they exist purely as a plot device

I admit I'm probably just being picky and screaming "the story should've been written this way! blah blah blah" I cant help it though I love this story and these characters and seeing the way the conflict happened bugged me but hey that's just my opinion. I do understand though that the author also needs to make a living and these sort of compromises need to be made to make it more "exciting".

i like your point. we all hope for the story goes as we all want to. but peoples and author idea are not the same. so lets just appriciate the work and we could inspire the next line by sending our idea to d author itself.

Are you stupid? Are you retarded or something? I'm the god damn [antagonist]!

I can't tell what's creepier: rejected crazy lesbian or unnerving stalker old guy.

That last page...

Spoiler

That old man. I want to experiment on him. Mainly on the question called "How much pain is too much?".

ok we might've jumped the shark folks

see... a forced drama never good for the story line

another awful chapter

The Director of PR: IT WAS ME AGAWA! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

damn that last page was spooky

Was Rena raped by the new girl? Is it just she dressed her up?

Dressed up.

Spoiler

Let%2Bme%2Bkill%2Bhim.jpg

Was Rena raped by the new girl? Is it just she dressed her up?

interesting. It's only paranoia if Asou's wrong. And she might very well not be.

Spoiler

you make a good point and I totally agree that this whole conflict was basically the culmination of the tension that was slowly being built up between Asou and Rena and Agawa sort of caught in between.

I actually like that this development is finally forcing them to face their problems and Asou's inner demons/insecurities. What bugs me though is the way this conflict happened. Especially the need for the "villain" to be some crazy person that may be working for another flat character (Asou's rival, old director guy). These two characters are basically written purely for the readers to hate, like "look at me with my crazy eyes and arched eyebrows and doing all these despicable things!". The author could've easily just had the doctor discover someone who had the acs enzyme but wasn't a lunatic and it would've been enough as a catalyst for the conflict.

It just feels weird contrasting the depth of the 3 main characters and the complexities in the relationships between each other to these antagonists that feel like they exist purely as a plot device

I admit I'm probably just being picky and screaming "the story should've been written this way! blah blah blah" I cant help it though I love this story and these characters and seeing the way the conflict happened bugged me but hey that's just my opinion. I do understand though that the author also needs to make a living and these sort of compromises need to be made to make it more "exciting".

Methinks the mark of an interesting story is when readers hotly debate the characters

Getting serious, I like this fucking manga!

F*CK!

EDIT: This is Kono S o, Mi yo! all over again... :(

ohhh... the eyebrows...

"What if the PR boss is behind EVERYTHING???!!1!one!"

Come on, surely you can do better than that...

Also 2 months and no one checks on Rena, mad or not on how things unraveled, the new girl who supposedly had ACS enzyme threw off bad vibes to everyone clearly. THis too is also stupid beyond belief.

Knew she was an evil bitch! Fuck this stupid ass late shoehorned edgy drama. This is dumb beyond belief.

From the very start it was established that Asou was manipulative and wanted to be in control with everything in her life. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to imagine that Rena is one of the most disruptive aspects in her everydayness. Rena was introduced without choice, tied with the obstructive notion of fate that anchored itself on Agawa's good will. Asou claimed that her relationship lived and died at her will, a claim, along with her affection, that was challenged by Rena's emergence. In short, Rena, at her inception in the story, was nothing more than a thorn in Asou's side. 

Although the recent chapters have taken a sharp swerve, the recent conflict isn't out of the blue. It's the product of nearly 70 chapters of conflicted interests and tested patience. Both parties being jealous of the other: Rena, envying the fact the other was chosen by Agawa, whilst Asou jealous of the circumstance that tied her foil to her lover; both situations essentially different from the other, but no more intimate. Eiko served as nothing more than a catalyst with an ulterior motive. 

Spoiler

I really sympathize with Asou. She's not even bound to either Rena and Agawa yet it looks like she's the one who will be able to fix this.

And that bitch is a sadistic shit. She needs to die just for blackmailing Rena like that.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics