Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 228votes)

A Fairytale for the Demon Lord

Alt Names: alt A Tale for Satanalt İblis Lordu için bir Peri Masalıalt Bajka dla króla demonówalt Dongeng untuk Raja Iblisalt 마왕을위한 동화alt Picture Book for the Demon Lordalt Un Cuento de Hadas para El Señor de Los Demoniosalt Сказка для Дьявола
Author: Kim Yong-Hwan
Artist: Kim Yong-Hwan
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy TragedyWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A Demon Lord spirited the Princess away, and cursed her with eternal sleep. Countless knights sought to save her, only to die in vain by the Demon Lord's hands. But then, a Nameless Knight arrived to vanquish him and save the Princess, ignorant of what fate had in store for him...

Original: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/ataleforsatan
Go to A Fairytale for the Demon Lord Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Shall we try to understand the story so far? New Window josh25
  • 10 Replies
Topic Too slow New Window Evan Dark
  • 0 Replies
Topic Ending. New Window Zoro
  • 26 Replies

199 Comments

"Too slow!"

"Too weak..."

Shit is about to get real.

Spoiler

this thor version actually seems somewhat acceptable.

Lol, that was good. 
"I'm gonna die....from swinging this sword...it hurts my back ='("

der erlkönig is a poem about fighting desperately against fate, and losing.

it's dark, hopeless, and beautiful. very fitting to call the demon lord erlkönig.

calling the knight "der ritter" really tells the end even before the story begins.

the one who rides is the father who could not save his child.

the world goes under, nothing can be saved. the demon king is fate, or a slave of it.

i don't need shakespearian titles for this one.

A textbook case of "The more you know..."

"The fetish of all men" Wait what? I prefer cat ears though..

After reading the little explanation at the bottom of the last chapter, all I can say is... "shit just got real".

Does that mean that maybe there will be a third season similar to the first one, but altered?

As cool as this story is (when it's not being insanely misleading), it falls prey to a lot of the dumb things East Asia does with Western mythologies. For instance, the title of the first season "Der Erlkönig und der Ritter" (The Elfking and the Knight) is in German and doesn't really make sense in the context of the story.

It would have fit better (time-period wise and story wise) if he used Shakespearean elements. After all, "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players..." fits well with the heavy emphasis on fate in the story.

der erlkönig is a poem about fighting desperately against fate, and losing.

it's dark, hopeless, and beautiful. very fitting to call the demon lord erlkönig.

calling the knight "der ritter" really tells the end even before the story begins.

the one who rides is the father who could not save his child.

the world goes under, nothing can be saved. the demon king is fate, or a slave of it.

i don't need shakespearian titles for this one.

Given the story so far, breaking the cycle is likely the final goal once the characters realize what's going on.

But what if breaking the cycle is the part of the cycle? Like in http://oglaf.com/sooth/ (NSFW) or LoK.

As cool as this story is (when it's not being insanely misleading), it falls prey to a lot of the dumb things East Asia does with Western mythologies. For instance, the title of the first season "Der Erlkönig und der Ritter" (The Elfking and the Knight) is in German and doesn't really make sense in the context of the story.

It would have fit better (time-period wise and story wise) if he used Shakespearean elements. After all, "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players..." fits well with the heavy emphasis on fate in the story.

Correct me if i'm wrong but, arent those writings on sage's wall basically daedric text from skyrim

Yeah, I don't know how he's going to get away with it if he makes the second season pay to read like the first. Bethesda isn't known for being nice with their IP.

If they don't end the whole cycle/prophecy of odin/demon lord I'm going to discontinue following this story -.- It's literally like Inception except a thousand times worse because the same thing happens again, again, again and AGAIN

but the cycle really never ends. history itself proves that history repeats.

and the norse mythology has no word for the end. ragnarok is not the end, but rather a new beginning, a new cycle that will end just the same.

If they don't end the whole cycle/prophecy of odin/demon lord I'm going to discontinue following this story -.- It's literally like Inception except a thousand times worse because the same thing happens again, again, again and AGAIN

Given the story so far, breaking the cycle is likely the final goal once the characters realize what's going on.

Spoiler

On this chapter tho

Spoiler

I love the artwork of FTFTDL.

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

Sry couldn't resist.

Correct me if i'm wrong but, arent those writings on sage's wall basically daedric text from skyrim

lolololol

And so the cycle repeats once more.

Time for Knight to go rescue Princess.

YES New Chapter, time to put on my feels helmet WOOT BRING THE PAIN! (not a masochist)

The only thing I get is that bad shit goes down, everyone is an asshole and Ragnarok should happen and just end things.

and I bet no one else will get what that means

hildr (her name means battle) was a princess who was kidnapped by another king. of course the father goes to war to get his daughter back, but she loves both the king who kidnapped her and her father, and can't really choose between the two of them.

instead sh goes out every night after their battle and revives the dead warriors because she feels bad for them being hurt and dying.

the battle goes on for eternity, only ragnarok will stop it.

New Characters! New Characters Errywhere!

i just can't help wondering if the princess's name is hildr.

because then everything would make perfect sense.

and I bet no one else will get what that means

And Odin's crows, Huginn and Muninn, are a shouta/pettanko pair in spandex suits. Don't you just love this webtoon?

I'm not sure I would include that on the list of reasons I like this.

So so far, the knight was odin, the demon king was the knight, the princess was the knight and the demon king is not the demon king. Great.

And Odin's crows, Huginn and Muninn, are a shouta/pettanko pair in spandex suits. Don't you just love this webtoon?

i just can't help wondering if the princess's name is hildr.

because then everything would make perfect sense.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics