Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Ending.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Zoro

Zoro

Potato

• Donator
  • 184 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, U.S.
I was left confused by the last few chapters of this manwha, so I decided to post a question to see if other people have answers.

The one knight with long hair at the very end was Odin, right?

So....was Odin the first Demon Lord and the title of this manhwa "A Fairytale for the Demon Lord" refers to his vision? Or what was he talking about 'preparing for a new tale'?

If anyone would like to post what they thought it was all about, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you. ^^
Posted Image

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
Got no idea, i've read it but somehow can't tell the difference. at some point just though 'Fuck You' to the cosmic. not that it was bad but it's to difficult to understand.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

Zoro

Zoro

Potato

• Donator
  • 184 posts
Hahahah, I was thinking just the same. I just find it hard to believe that every knight looks the same. Why? Because Odin had said that the nameless knight looked the same as him due to the princess reconstructing him at his image. So why do all the other knights have the same face too?

Then there's the problem of: Is the princess the evil one or is it Odin? I mean she was created by him after all, no? Then comes the problem of why is Odin able to create a Demon Lord's mask? I thought he was a knight cursed by the heavens and thus Demon Lords were sent in order to destroy him.....

I'm still baffled at the fact that the only one I feel a bit of sympathy towards was the Demon Lord at the beginning (the one with black hair). This manwha made me hate almost everyone else. =_= Also at the end it seems as if the beginning was repeating itself, right? Does that mean that Odin just lets a nameless knight steal the princess everyone now and then?

Arghh, so confusing. >.<
Posted Image

Carbon

Carbon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/13755
http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/13639
Norse mythology, the myth that the destruction process as defined in that state
Odin is a prophecy of the destruction and to prevent it daerigo always carry two heavy Nine of the Crow
Munin (muninn, remember) are tested using a variety of situations.
Meanwhile during the pugin (huginn, I think) a set of circumstances other than remember it going that direction <<help from Google translation
I think pugin betrayed odin in one of the simulation which happens in odin's mind.

Zoro

Zoro

Potato

• Donator
  • 184 posts
Now that's something I didn't even think about. So everything was a simulation inside Odin's head of what would happen? That would explain quite a bit of my questions, except one: why was Odin able to create a Demon Lord's mask? He was supposed to be a hero that fought Demon Lords, right?

Regarding the crows: Pugin betrayed Odin because he thought Odin had changed a lot from what he once was, right? After seeing the simulation, wouldn't Odin know the reason, therefore he would be able to change what he would do in the future, thus rendering everything regarding Pugin's betrayal moot?

Last but not least: How did the first Demon Lord (in the story; the one with black hair) stole the princess from Odin? Also why do all the nameless knights look like Odin despite the princess changing the appearance of only one of them?

Thanks. :D

Edited by Zoro, 29 November 2011 - 09:36 PM.

Posted Image

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away
this story reminded me of an old viking legend about a princess who was abducted by the neighbor king who'd fallen in love with her. of course her father wages war to get her back. but every morning after the battle, the princess goes out and revives all the soldiers so that they can fight again

anyone who dies in battle is a hero, the princess may be a demon for making the knights fight, but she is also their very reason for living, and fighting to an honorable death. it wouldn't be odd if odin was the first demon lord, his mother was after all a jotunn, and he is the god who rules over both life and death. but i wouldn't know what the manhwaga's intentions for this story are, so it would be interesting to see a sequel
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

awdsone

awdsone

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
There were some major plot holes.

1. How did Odin lose the princess to the 1st Demon Lord?
2. How did the 1st Demon lord come in contact with the princess to fall in love with her?
3. Where do the other successors of the Demon Lords come from (so besides the Nameless Knight that was in the majority of the story) and what motivates them to to kill Odin? We're only told of the one nameless knight that wants to do it to "have" the princess.
4. After Odin dies, why are people still trying to take the princess from the Demon Lord? It seemed like Odin was the one sending knights to get her but after Odin died, who is else is there to do it for?

Edited by awdsone, 17 April 2012 - 06:50 PM.

Genesis

Genesis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
I think the point of the story was to show the looping of fate around the Princess. The final knight deviated from that because of Puginn, who finally rebelled against Odin.The final knight tries to kill the princess to end the cycle.

Basically what's happening is that the "Demon Lord" is kidnapping the Princess and a nameless knight saves her. This nameless knight proceeds to lose the Princess and go on the journey that the nameless knight in this story went on.
He grows extremely powerful for the Princess, blah blah blah. And he kills "Odin" and saves the Princess, however he becomes the Demon Lord because of this. So the cycle repeats, the new "Demon Lord" is actually one of the nameless knights who saved the Princess.
Then, a new nameless knight appears to save the Princess again to repeat the cycle.

As for why the cycle repeats, it's probably because of the existence of the Princess. As long as the Princess is alive, nameless knights will try to save her, there will always be a Demon Lord that acts as the kidnapper and there will always be a "Odin". Puginn hints at this before the end.

There's going to be a "Season 2" which the author says he will explain the backstory, so basically what happens after the knight who deviates from the cycle fails at killing the Princess. I think we'll see the Demon Lord going back to being the "nameless knight" or something like that. And the two of them will try to destroy the "Princess" or whatever proves to be the newest enemy. But yeah, you could call this a huge prologue to a much greater story if the Author really makes "Season 2" a complete sequel to this.

Gyresxj

Gyresxj

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 227 posts
This manhwa is just way too terrible. Looks like some psycho mad dream.

leyend

leyend

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
i agre with Genesis.....i think that this is going to be a really good story if the author....plays the right moves

-I'm The Pure Red-

ensis

ensis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Actually I think that the demon lord in the first chapter and part of the second was the nameless knight, and that most of the story was a flashback. This is because the battle in the beginning and the battle in the end are very similar, and some images were even the same. The flashback starts when the nameless knight takes the demon lords head. So the demon lord at the beginning with the long black hair is the nameless knight. But there are still too many questions unanswered...

Edit: adding to that, when in the second chapter (chapter 1) the knight kills the demon lord and takes his head, the head he takes is helmeted with the demon lord mask. But just one scene before, the demon lord had already cast his mask of and was fighting unmasked. So there we can see clearly where the flashback starts.

Edited by ensis, 11 August 2012 - 02:35 AM.

Vultrix

Vultrix

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationToulouse, France

Actually I think that the demon lord in the first chapter and part of the second was the nameless knight, and that most of the story was a flashback. This is because the battle in the beginning and the battle in the end are very similar, and some images were even the same. The flashback starts when the nameless knight takes the demon lords head. So the demon lord at the beginning with the long black hair is the nameless knight. But there are still too many questions unanswered...

Edit: adding to that, when in the second chapter (chapter 1) the knight kills the demon lord and takes his head, the head he takes is helmeted with the demon lord mask. But just one scene before, the demon lord had already cast his mask of and was fighting unmasked. So there we can see clearly where the flashback starts.

That's exactly what I wanted to say.
But I hope the sequel will get released soon cause I didn't understand anything of the last chapters...

Linnies

Linnies

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
This series is just like one of my dreams, lots of blood and boobs, everything is colorless, and don'st make any frekin sense.

uber_nub

uber_nub

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

This series is just like one of my dreams, lots of blood and boobs, everything is colorless, and don'st make any frekin sense.

lol i agree. made no damn sense to me near the end, but it was still fricking awesome

Seelenverheizer

Seelenverheizer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I like this Story very much so so read it countless times and i think I understand it now.

Most of the Story are Flashbacks of "our" nameless night (Knight A). He has them while beeing fought by the Knight (B).

As the last chapter+ Extras, show us Odin observing the future after Mimir told her loved knight Odin about the Fate that will crush him. So he looks into the future by himself to confirm it but he can't see the final outcome (he see as far as we do in season 1).

I will now explain the only way this makes sense:

Once Odin was once a knight like our Knight A. He has the Ability to grasp and steal Fate. We know Odin Slayed the grea Demonlords of his time and a number of monsters like the Midgard Serpent. ( See the capter with the older Odin having long red hair and red beared. He changed his fate so much that heaven wanted to punish him. More and more enemy come for him and one day he started to think about stoping it with creatinf the princess. Mimir saw his doom ( cause of the princes) and told him. So he Killed that monster that we see in Chapter 34 and saw into his own future (many times) pondering what to do. (He don't belive in the future Mimir told him cause he think he can change fate.

This Vison is shown to us during most chapters. At the end we see him creating the damonlord mask we know. I think it might be possible to steal the monsters ( the killed one in chapter 34) fate. Just to release this fate into a vessel. (Special Knights can steal fate, and while odin was quite old at this point it's reasoneble for him to control this ability extremly well) Or he stole this powers from all the monsters he slayed and wants to free himself of this burden.

This mask is carried his DL's. He create the princes which shatters his fate apart. (like quoted by Knight B). Odin becomes a Shadow of himself but he has the special spell to change fate, the mask will be worn by one part becoming the first demonlord that steals the princes, while a third part fills a puppetknight witch the ability to change fate. (Odin does loose this ablity, I he would have it he could have restolen the Demeonlords Fate at will). So the normal circle is like this:

Demon Lord take the Princess away from Odin by regenerating every wound Odin inflict. Odin lifes but princess is gone.
The demonlord will be killed by self aware knight. This knight becomes the Demon Lord ( cause of Mimir's broken heard, giving him the mask) and snatch the princess away. The moment a knight tries to take the Demonlords Fate a new knight becomes aware of himself and will become stronger and stronger.
The Crowboygirl knows about this circle as much as Odin etc. (Remember those missing date? Removed data from previos knights ans DL's).
But our Knight A gets manipulated by crow so he changes his circle buy not snatching the princess away but he kills her, he becomes One with Odin and revises her afterwards. Then crow tells Knight B the true story and he tries to kill the princess, but he can't.

Knight A broke the main circle. But I belive there is a much bigger circle. Remember Odins words while fighting Knight A in DL-Form? He says like: you really won't do this, this will be bad for you. I like to belive Odin knew this DL is a bit different.

I think in Season 2 we will see that Knight A and B works togeter. B will Steal the DL's fate from Knight A. Knight A will then be like Odin ( cause he took his fate to get the spell, Knight B just took the spell). With DL's Fate Knight B will kill the Princess and brake the curse on Kight A (beeing DL is not the curse itself it's more like the fate granding him regeneration and monster like abilites) and then Knight A (now like Odin) will simply kill Knight B because B want him to to end this hole stuff. Thereafter A will steal Fate from death B to reunite all 3 Fates into becomimg like young Odin. The Twilight ends but the world is still in chaos. He will restore balance claim the throne and delete the old files after he ended Mimir for doing this to him. He will find a knew girl resembling the princess bearing the Sage fate (like mimir did) and the story will start again. That words of Odin before his fate was stolen by Knight A are so strang, so i came to the comclution he know what will happen cause he stood on that place long long ago.

The story s about a circle that Odins whats to stop. This Circe contains the supcircle of DL, Odins, Knights and the Princess. Odin alwas try to defy fate by breaking it, but heaven punishes him by doing this again and again.
A possible End would be that Odin learns not to try defy Fate even if he could, end his arrogance and just let himself get killed. Heaven would restore him and he would heve learned not to fight Fate anymore cause it will just him. That Odin then meight life somewhere alone with his sage and be a good man to her and die while not careing for the words cause it will be okay even without him. Happy End.

The whole Overstory is: The first Odin was born with the ability to change fate a bit so he could change it so much to belive himself he could just to learn he can't change anything at all cause he wanted to change all. It's liek heaven wanted to bash a knight so they have something to do.

Really looking forward to season 2, so i could see if my theory is somewhat right. yet i think this story makes no sense without his theory for me. Just wanted to share this, cause soooo many people have so big problems with this quite not readerfriendly piece of art. Jet ther emust be a big thought behind it.

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationThe Tower 1F, drinking with Headon-nim
People misunderstand a LOT of things in this manga, so I'll just say it:

It's NOT an infinite loop, NOT EVEN A LOOP to start with !!!

1. It was Odin who created the princess. He himself said it when he fights with N.K. (Nameless Knight). so there is not "multiple Odins" or whatsoever.

2. The Princess was abducted by a Demon Lord, when N.K. protected Yggdrasil, this was the very reason he didn't get a name at that point. This was the Demon Lord, that N.K. slew, he sent its head to the capital, witch disappeared along with Mimir (she took it with her), and then later she gave it N.K.

Simple and it's all in the webtoon. Odin didn't create the Demon Lord, he didn't have to, the very main problem for him is that Demon Lords are constantly born to kill him. When he created the head, he only created a replica, from his "dream".

3. N.K. killed Odin and took his fate and his powers. Odin as dead as someone can. No loop. The princess grew up and now she's an adult. No loop again.

People mostly notice it, but all the story of the Nameless Knight is only a flashback of the now Demon Lord N.K.. The Demon Lord N.K slew to save the Princess is not the Demon Lord shown in the beginning. I think it's a little hard to notice that s flashback started at the first, but that's all. No loop, because it's just wouldn't make any sense.

Now the epilogue:

No it's not only in Odin's head. Odin can see, or at least he could, in the past see into the future so he has memories of this happening. Puginn's message was directed to Odin in the past, as (s)he assumes, that Odin has seen this fate before.

As, why Odin has done nothing to avoid it (or why was he such a dick to N.K.), it's not explained. My assumption is that it had to happen that way. Odin didn't have the power to change fate, only N.K. so this is the only way to avoid the end of the word ... or something like that. It's based on what the fate-knight said: N.K. saved the Princess, so she was not sacrificed, and yet the world still didn't ended, like it should have. Still it's only my theory.

Edited by Evan Dark, 31 October 2012 - 11:59 PM.

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me..." - Rose Tyler (Bad Wolf)

Seelenverheizer

Seelenverheizer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
So why do the Kight that come to kill the princess speak about countless DL and Kights? + Crowgirlboy knows about what will happen. She didn't tell our N.K what will happen cause " You don't have to know this".

Also in Sidestory 4 you can see Odin wield the Demonlords Fate long ago. an extremly old knight remembers his master Odin as a young man. See this: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/18479. Also i can't read in korean, this 99% is Odin with DL-Fate.

Odin as we know in the manga could not change fate, cause the princess shattered his fate/abilities into pieces.

Odin stole fate from monsters to acumulate the Fate we know as the DL-Fate so he can become stronger. Then we see in the afterword how he splits the DL-Fate once part of him from himself by creating the mask. As he then created the princess he lost the knight fate to get the Spell. This Knight fate (the one who can steal fate) filled a puppedknight.

M.A.D

M.A.D

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 259 posts
I wonder if they are going to translate the second story as well?

Anyway, as far as I can understand, chapter 0 and 1 are current timeline, and chapter 2 onward are flashbacks until the current situation

Basically, this part of the tale goes like this:

Odin created the princess at one point.

Some random demon lord took the princess

Nameless Knight rescued princess, bring her back.

Stuffs happened.

Nameless Knight becomes Demon Lord

Current time: Nameless Knight#2 tries to kill the princess.

There has always been only one Demon Lord, that is Nameless Knight #1 and the story continues from there. There was never a cycle of knights becoming demon lords. Anyway, the next installment will probably be about how Odin created the princess in the first place, and how it led to Nameless Knight #1 rescuing her for the first time.
...or do you believe, that the individual can steer the ship of self, to his port of choice, however emphatically the world may try to blow him? - JoJo

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationThe Tower 1F, drinking with Headon-nim
Ok, first of all I don't speak Korean, so I can't understand the new side story, util someone translates it, because of that something I say may be already wrong.

But here are my answers.

So why do the Kight that come to kill the princess speak about countless DL and Kights? + Crowgirlboy knows about what will happen. She didn't tell our N.K what will happen cause " You don't have to know this".

The countless knights part obvious, since, N.K. was murdering them at the very start of the manga. Who is sending those knights, now that Odin's dead is a mystery. Maybe Puginn, or "Fate" itself ... And we know that as long as Odin lives fate will spawn D.L.s to kill him. I never said N.K was the only D.L.

Crowgirl does NOT know what will happen. (s)he can presict the future to some point (because of his/her chair, as (s)he explained), but it's not on Odin's level, who actually foresees the future. The scene where (s)he talks to Odin is in the present, but Odin had (fore)seen in on the past.

Also in Sidestory 4 you can see Odin wield the Demonlords Fate long ago. an extremly old knight remembers his master Odin as a young man. See this: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/18479. Also i can't read in korean, this 99% is Odin with DL-Fate.

Odin as we know in the manga could not change fate, cause the princess shattered his fate/abilities into pieces.

As I said I did not read the newest side story, but nope you're wrong. Odin says that it was the heavens or whatsoever, that placed a curse on him, no the princess. He (as he explains) created the princess to escape the curse by transferring it somehow to her.

Odin stole fate from monsters to acumulate the Fate we know as the DL-Fate so he can become stronger. Then we see in the afterword how he splits the DL-Fate once part of him from himself by creating the mask. As he then created the princess he lost the knight fate to get the Spell. This Knight fate (the one who can steal fate) filled a puppedknight.

Well, we've seen a lot of artistic illustration of fate, I just think that picture is also one of them. Odin having a demon lords fate would be kind of a short circuit (It's not impossible, but it's kind of buggy). But Odin can not change someone's fate, only with the princess' ability, due to his curse. N.K. has the ability to change fate, but only his own, as he started like a blank card, a doll, without name/fate/soul.

And it's the biggest misunderstanding. Odin did NOT create the demon lord, or his mask. He had seen it in the "future", and merely made a replica, or he just teleported the head of the demon lord he just slew. The head witch N.K. used came from Mimir, and that was the head, that N.K. sent to the holy city in the beginning. It's in the manga, it says that both Mimir and the head disappeared at one point.

All of these written in the webtoon, but you migth have to read more than once to pick up some info.

Now some of my theories:

I think Odin does not see all the future, but only some events. The webtoon says, that the crows Huginn (Puginn), and Muninn are there to check Odin memories. So Odin likely sends his birds to events he'd seen and he remembers them. He also knows that a D.L. WILL kill him, as we've seen many times, but he did not know that N.K. will be that. He said N.K. that "his ability" has concerned him (when N.K imprisoned), that's the foggiest part for me, either he planned to use him to change fate, or he was concerned that he might become a D.L.

Also it seems Odin was not lying N.K. really erased his fate. proof: he had the "Kight" fate, and those with this fate can not kill the princess, but he did kill her.

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me..." - Rose Tyler (Bad Wolf)

Seelenverheizer

Seelenverheizer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
The last Sidestories are finally scanlated. The last pictures showing knowlage of an extremly old Fallen, even if that story was told to him as a fairytale, so we can assume it must be extremly long ago. He remembers a beeing that accumulated every evil fate in existance, he#s called Loki and was know to wield every demonic AND holy sword in existance. Again he looks like DL with long red hair. Very interesting. Also he is stated not to be a real knight.

Also that line: She (the princess) shattered our fates apart to make a mokery of us...

That means that there must been someone who hat those fates all united. That could have been that Loki. Also an intersting thing is the black surcloak. DL tend to wear those, but Odin had such too, till he gave it to our N.K. Also those normal citizens had never seen such a cloak. Might it be possible that there is only just 1 and is allways given/taken away? Loki had such a cloak too...

It's so damn strange that Loki looks like Odin +DL. Also Loki must have found some kinf of end cause he doesn't seems to exist in N.K time.

Odins end is unknown but N.K did something to him to get the spell + in Ch 28 Page 13 he suddenly had long hair like Odin and mimir recognised his new face as Odins. I think he must have taken Odins fate to become this beeing shown in that chapter.
I thing that knight with the ability to change their fate have to add or substract others fate to their original fate. (Loki did so to consume every evil fate, he seemed to erase all evil to shoulder it by himself). That could explain how Odin created the DL-Mask out of nowhere... he substracted that fate from him and put it into a vessel (the mask).

Finally it seemes that all high knights ( Balthar) are sons of Odin, stated to be sucessors of his linage. That actually implies that Mimir is Odins "wife" cause they seemed to be in love, till Odin started to value all other above Mimir. Who else shall give birth to his linage?

"Also it seems Odin was not lying N.K. really erased his fate. proof: he had the "Kight" fate, and those with this fate can not kill the princess, but he did kill her.".
True, but this could aslo mean that while he added the DL-Fate he split the knight-fate away from him, thus this fate filled a doll and created the N.K at the end of season 1.

Good message at the End:

A Fairytale for a Demon Lord seems to get much more popular in korea so season 2 will be released much faster then planned, and its stated to be released soon.

Edited by Seelenverheizer, 22 November 2012 - 01:31 AM.