Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 168votes)

Adventure of Sinbad

Alt Names: alt マギ シンドバッドの冒険alt Magi - Sinbad no Bouken
Author: Ohtaka Shinobu
Artist: Ohtera Yoshifumi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A prologue of "Magi" which tells the story of Sinbad's early life, from when he captures the first Dungeon, Baal.

> Magi (Sequel)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/magi-r753

Online Comic:
http://urasunday.com/magi/index.html
Go to Adventure of Sinbad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Do I read this first New Window Jayk
  • 3 Replies
Topic Direct translation of spells from Arabic to English. New Window masterash38
  • 3 Replies
Topic Valefor or Focalor New Window Ugo
  • 1 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Reyya
  • 2 Replies
Topic RAW New Window brand0nheat
  • 3 Replies

1006 Comments

I would've been quite interesting to read this before Magi, so many characters we already know in Magi are being foreshadowed here, as if it came before.

I wonder if new readers will read this one first in the future, when both series are complete

I think it's silly and deceptive that sinbad compares his month or so of voluntary slavery to people who were forced into slavery and captured and slaves for most if not all of their lives.

I felt that way too, but Sinbad did also go through solitary confinement and torture during that time. It must have been a huge shock for him as he's had his freedom before so it probably hit him very hard.

I think it's silly and deceptive that sinbad compares his month or so of voluntary slavery to people who were forced into slavery and captured and slaves for most if not all of their lives.

You go Sharrkan baby.

NO!! MASRUR!!

Masrur and Shere khan Sharrkan:tumblr_lu5ziwXuDE1qc4uvwo1_400.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Can I pick up this manga directly from watching the anime?  If so where should I start?  Will I miss anything important?

While you can technically pick up from chapter 55, I wouldn't recommend it. The anime glosses over a few key flashbacks that you'll need to understand what's going on. Most of the stuff concerns Drakon, so you can skim over the parts that the anime covered besides that.

Can I pick up this manga directly from watching the anime?  If so where should I start?  Will I miss anything important?

If you think those are long, you should see plot theory posts on tumblr

I haven't, but honestly, a "comment" shouldn't be that long, in my humble opinion. o.O Otherwise it develops into a paragraph, an essay, and then a story or a detailed argument. =.=

A little too late for that warning, especially considering that Magi is just one big spoiler for this whole story....

yes, magi was a big spoiler for this spoiler.

however,

the spoiler doesnt tell much about important event or plotline which will happen on this manga,

like in zepar arc,

Spoiler

think of it like, monogatari series, 

Spoiler

Just saw the bloodline argument is still going on.

I think what Serendine said about bloodline is true, but there are also many other truths.

The reason Sinbad lost wasn't because she was right, and he was wrong. It's because he was weak, and he wavered. 

He could have proved her wrong.

Anyway, have fun debating.

Here is some Kind reminder for you who enjoy Sinbad no bouken..

DO NOT READ MAGI CH 307 AND MORE.

it contain and extremely major and important Spoiler for this manga storyline, their plot, etc

You've been warned

A little too late for that warning, especially considering that Magi is just one big spoiler for this whole story....

it contain and extremely major and important Spoiler for this manga storyline, their plot, etc

You've been warned

I wish I had known this before I read CH 307...

You've been warned

Christ, the lack of tags around here....

Spoiler

Long post ahead:

Spoiler

Spoiler

If you think those are long, you should see plot theory posts on tumblr

Woa, what the hell. Why are you guys writing essays about this? D: The forums are here for that. Could you please give the comments section a little reprieve? :(

Spoiler

Long post ahead:

Spoiler

Spoiler

What is wrong in your argument is the fact that if you are guiding people to a new land, means that they already trust you.

If you found unowned lands, guided people there, and built a kingdom, there can be no way for people to not recognize you as their King, that's how hard it is to lead people away from their homes.

There's no precedent for that you say? What about the human kingdoms(the ones not in David's lands, or even David's Empire)?

In Alma Torran humans were weak, they lived as nomads cause they wouldn't last a second otherwise. 

David created an empire himself, due to his power as a Magi chosen by the villain god.

He, a peasant like any other, became recognized as leader due to his newfound power to protect his people, same as Sinbad.

Spoiler

Spoiler

What is wrong in your argument is the fact that if you are guiding people to a new land, means that they already trust you.

If you found unowned lands, guided people there, and built a kingdom, there can be no way for people to not recognize you as their King, that's how hard it is to lead people away from their homes.

There's no precedent for that you say? What about the human kingdoms(the ones not in David's lands, or even David's Empire)?

In Alma Torran humans were weak, they lived as nomads cause they wouldn't last a second otherwise. 

David created an empire himself, due to his power as a Magi chosen by the villain god.

He, a peasant like any other, became recognized as leader due to his newfound power to protect his people, same as Sinbad.

Additionally, we hear nothing of the Parthevia Empire in Magi,

Not true, it has been mentioned that Sinbad took in the black Ruka from his home land (Parthevia) at some point in the past. so we know it fell

That is also a puzzle I've pondered, though I think it can mostly be waved away with the "dungeons are a new phenomenon, so it's effects haven't completely infiltrated into the ancien regime." Therefore... Like Cao Cao vs. Cao Pi on the Han Dynasty Legitimacy; It takes a generation or two before the idea will begin to fade, such that the ruler was willing to risk a forced usurpation.

But yea, you are quite right, with the power Sinbad have, even if there are reactionaries to his new world policy, I doubt any would truly pose a real threat to his authoritarian regime. (p.s. Sinbad, I doubt even need the loyalty of troops or citizens, since who needs a legion of ten thousand peasants when he can freeze the desert with a wave of his hand? ;p Just think who would think of toppling Louis XVI during the french revolution if he can wipe out france with a push of a button)

As far as the villaging process goes, most likely, to balance against our modern morals, he'll probably do something like freeing slaves (like all those kids he freed) or give low taxes to encourage immigration... But then again, he could've just as well kidnapped anyone he want and pluck them onto his deserted eventual island kingdom, which would be easier, and faster... But certainly make him seem like a big douche.

The answer, is... Manga logic

Well we can see in Magi that his kingdom seems to be made up of a variety of cultures, so it's likely that he ended up picking up stragglers or people looking for new opportunities. Additionally, we hear nothing of the Parthevia Empire in Magi, Serendine is missing and her Djinn, Zepar, is under Sinbad's control, so it's likely that the Empire collapses at some point due to Sinbad's influence, Serendine dies and transfers ownership to him, and Sinbad, of course, reaches out to help the former citizens of Parthevia by inviting them to join Sindria. It's unlikely he'd need to give a lot of additional incentive after establishing a trade empire with no slavery and is essentially welcome to all.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I would've understand why the characters have such belief, if not because this is friggin Magi and we had just seen a guy splitting the earth like it's no big deal. Monarchy is convenient because it's an established system that no one will question and hence there will be less uprising and d'etat happening every time the former king passed away, but when you're so fking badass that literally only a handful of person can kill you, legitimacy really doesn't mean jack sht as much as the loyalty of your subject, which conveniently isn't much problem for our dear Sinbad.

Tbh, the biggest puzzle here is just how will Sinbad convince enough population to be his citizens? I mean, how the hell did he managed to skip the entire villaging process and get his village promoted straight into a country?

That is also a puzzle I've pondered, though I think it can mostly be waved away with the "dungeons are a new phenomenon, so it's effects haven't completely infiltrated into the ancien regime." Therefore... Like Cao Cao vs. Cao Pi on the Han Dynasty Legitimacy; It takes a generation or two before the idea will begin to fade, such that the ruler was willing to risk a forced usurpation.

But yea, you are quite right, with the power Sinbad have, even if there are reactionaries to his new world policy, I doubt any would truly pose a real threat to his authoritarian regime. (p.s. Sinbad, I doubt even need the loyalty of troops or citizens, since who needs a legion of ten thousand peasants when he can freeze the desert with a wave of his hand? ;p Just think who would think of toppling Louis XVI during the french revolution if he can wipe out france with a push of a button)

As far as the villaging process goes, most likely, to balance against our modern morals, he'll probably do something like freeing slaves (like all those kids he freed) or give low taxes to encourage immigration... But then again, he could've just as well kidnapped anyone he want and pluck them onto his deserted eventual island kingdom, which would be easier, and faster... But certainly make him seem like a big douche.

The answer, is... Manga logic

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics