Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Direct translation of spells from Arabic to English.

magi sinbad spells adventure of sinbad dungeon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

masterash38

masterash38

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIn a box of Quality Street

Hi everybody! i was wondering if you would like to know the meaning behind some of the spells that are said in either the magi (i have not read this yet) series and adventure or sinbad, as i have read through the chapters i noticed some spells that did not have.... well i'm not sure how to say it but i guess (meaning?), especially if i read it from someones perspective who does not understand the Arabic language. 

for example lets take the spell the dark magician(not sure what they were called) used in the imuchakk dungeon which was " thalg hajar" which solidified the ice (the translator indeed did put what the spell meant) but if i read it from my native language it would literally say "ice stone", and maybe because of the context it was put in or just  what the spell did it was translated to "ice solidify/solidification" by the translators.

I also would like to thank sense-scans for this manga translation!

note: from this topic i do not mean to criticize the translation or explanation given for spells by the translators, im just curious if people wanted to know the others that were not explained. 

Edited by masterash38, 07 January 2015 - 05:26 AM.

JokerxHisoka

JokerxHisoka

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Hi everybody! i was wondering if you would like to know the meaning behind some of the spells that are said in either the magi (i have not read this yet) series and adventure or sinbad, as i have read through the chapters i noticed some spells that did not have.... well i'm not sure how to say it but i guess (meaning?), especially if i read it from someones perspective who does not understand the Arabic language. 

for example lets take the spell the dark magician(not sure what they were called) used in the imuchakk dungeon which was " thalg hajar" which solidified the ice (the translator indeed did put what the spell meant) but if i read it from my native language it would literally say "ice stone", and maybe because of the context it was put in or just  what the spell did it was translated to "ice solidify/solidification" by the translators.

I also would like to thank sense-scans for this manga translation!

note: from this topic i do not mean to criticize the translation or explanation given for spells by the translators, im just curious if people wanted to know the others that were not explained. 

You can as well help sense to make a more accurate tranlation.

Edited by JokerxHisoka, 22 January 2015 - 06:58 PM.

masterash38

masterash38

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIn a box of Quality Street

You can as well help sense to make a more accurate tranlation.

I would like to do that, but I'm not sure not sure how i would do that.

elixer

elixer

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Locationkanyetothe best girl

if you would like to i'd like it very much! :)

LEMME SEE

HOW YOU GON' TREAT ME!

I AINT NO EASY

BETTER THINK ABOUT IT TWICE!!!