Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.24 - 597votes)

Masamune-kun no Revenge

Alt Names: alt 政宗くんのリベンジalt 政宗君的复仇alt انتقام ماساموني
Author: Takeoka Hazuki
Artist: Tiv
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Makabe Masamune has changed himself greatly for a single reason: he wants revenge. Contrary to his past, he has worked hard to become good-looking in order to carry out this goal. Faster than anticipated, he even meets the target of his revenge the first day after transferring in — Adagaki Aki. He wastes no time beginning his plan, but revenge doesn't come easily.
Go to Masamune-kun no Revenge Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Best Girl! New Window RogZiel
  • 5 Replies
Topic Yoshino is... New Window RogZiel
  • 9 Replies
Topic Who would you date? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 5 Replies
Topic NTR New Window shizuku kyun
  • 17 Replies
Topic Masamune-Kun no Revenge TV Anime Adaptation Announced! New Window shizuku kyun
  • 3 Replies
Topic Fake Masamune is... New Window RogZiel
  • 10 Replies

2121 Comments

With how he tried to denied his feeiling at the start of the chapter.

With how the chapter show that the Mc whole life just became a naught, rejecting everything he has put his effort on, rejecting his very being, in order to be with Aki

With how Neko noticing the former point, and trying to help by trying to separate Aki and the Mc from each other

Master's ship just got a huge sure-to-win flag with this chap. :v

Go out with the maid(Master) already. She is by far the best girl.

3. Gay Ending

"The MC Reject all his harem, and Going up with muscular guy, and Walking on Gay Muscle Path"

Kojuurou ending is not gay ending, is hideyoshi ending. So there are 4 endings.

Harem Manga Has only 2 Path of Ending :
1. Harem Ending
2. True Ending

No, Masamune, don't fall for the gains goblin's tricks! Stay true to the path of the muscle!

I wish someday there is a harem manga, with the ending anti-mainstream.
3. Gay Ending
"The MC Reject all his harem, and Going up with muscular guy, and Walking on Gay Muscle Path"

No, Masamune, don't fall for the gains goblin's tricks! Stay true to the path of the muscle!

Masamune-kun better not stary from the Master route.
    • Lex likes this

On a sidenote: A better title for Ch44 might be something like "Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid"

Edit: Although it may also be referring to Makabe's epiphany when speaking with Yoshino. Could then be "There Are Some Things Better Left Unrealized."

Its an awkward phrase in Japanese to begin with =\

Oh my goodness!

Spoiler

IT'S HAPPENING!! IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!!

I need to compare against the raws for 43 and 44 I think. There were some key drama moments where the dialogue was written in a very confusing manner and with everything coming to a head now, I think its important to see what exactly they said.

That said: All aboard SS Yoshino! I really like that she's relevant now, but feel it would have been better if she was written to have been more in the running earlier on in the story. She had her moments of self-loathing etc. but I wouldn't say she was lampshaded to have really "been in the running" until now.

C4MnIJqUEAAyULF.jpg

She's always present and low-key best girl after all. I hope she wins.

We know her backstory and how this must be so freaking agonizing for her HOWEVER in my point of view she is the MC of the story from the start. 

True.

All this manga only happened because/thanks to/?? her after all.

Here is how the story will continue from chapter 44:

Spoiler

We know her backstory and how this must be so freaking agonizing for her HOWEVER in my point of view she is the MC of the story from the start. 

This may be controversial, but imo relationships with people who don't already "know/understand" our past have far more potential to be healthy. Think about reuniting with people who knew you when you were younger, and how they may unconsciously try to force you back into who they "know" you are. Relationships with lovers who gave me room to grow have been the healthiest by far. (Or maybe I'm just a biased Neko fan. (^_~))

It's more like she doesn't really comprehend his past and can't really empathize. Neko basically shrugged off his hard work and low key implied that it wasn't really a big deal. It's basically denying a fundamental part of Masamune's personality and the driving force behind his goals. 

Honestly, Yoshino is the only person who see Masamune for who he is.

collapsed

This may be controversial, but imo relationships with people who don't already "know/understand" our past have far more potential to be healthy. Think about reuniting with people who knew you when you were younger, and how they may unconsciously try to force you back into who they "know" you are. Relationships with lovers who gave me room to grow have been the healthiest by far. (Or maybe I'm just a biased Neko fan. (^_~))

Or Strawberry 100% where

collapsed

Bravo. ^_^ And wrt second part,

That pairing still pisses me off to this day. I know the type of message the author is trying to convey but there were so many better girls than Chihiro. He could've even banged a goddess, but nooooo pick the girl who treated him like shit from the start.

I wonder if mangaka who draw "winners" like this / Naru of Love Hina / etc are the primary consumers of NTR. At the very least, they seem to be latent M's.

Detroit Metal City gif

Oh, hell. Now I think I understand the unexpected "winner" of Negima. XP

• Lex likes this

I take you are talking about the anime that shoved each routes into 1-2 episodes, Asa route is more or less the same but leaves out certain details that are important but then you have Primula that is complete travesty, a lot because Primula route needs to be unlocked as other routes explain why Primula acts the way she does, the anime just ... pretty much ignored that and doesnt follow it at all besides she have to return but the anime is just its own thing regarding her.

Then again, its kinda the pretty standard VN adaptation were they try to adapt the whole thing and shove routes into 1-2 episodes were in the VN those routes take significant longer time so the end product is ... bad, the Shuffle anime isnt even Asa route because it leaves certain parts out,

So this leaves the "dragging this out" because it is, honestly there is no need to prolong this unless is to dump Aki in one of the worst possible way, it reached its natural obvious conclusion and this is just dragging it ... even doing this will just add pointless drama for the sake of maybe 5-6 chapters.

I'm going to have to disagree about this arc dragging it out. Unlike some of the other arcs, like the beach one or the Gasou one, this arc is absolutely critical to the story if Aki and Masamune end up together. Despite liking her in the past, there is at no point before Masamune confessing where he actually enjoyed Aki's company. He might have helped out in the play, but that was only because he felt guilty for messing it up in the first place. If it did end after he "confessed" it would have been very weak as we never got to see what he thought of Aki after the revelation. The current arc is basically the set up for the finale given that Masamune is currently trying to figure out what he wants to do now that his goal, the whole premise of the story, for the last 8 years basically disappeared. 

Or Strawberry 100% where

Spoiler
.. ... My ... my apologies. You guys dredged up something from deep inside ... LOL?

On a non rant related note ...

Spoiler

He did consistently have stomach aches when he's interacted with Neko and Aki, so it's not completely out there. As for the hives, it's stupid but there is a medical basis behind hives showing up in response to extreme stress.

I hope yoshino win. Masamune feeling to aki its too low now, maybe because now he already know the girl who call her "piggy" its yoshino not aki. In here we know masamune already lost his path to revenge. That why he didn't know what he must do now.

Or Strawberry 100% where

Spoiler
.. ... My ... my apologies. You guys dredged up something from deep inside ... LOL?

I see Strawberry 100% as 

Spoiler

Imagine being this fucking mad. I wonder if you were around to bitch about Chihiro winning TWGOK.

That pairing still pisses me off to this day. I know the type of message the author is trying to convey but there were so many better girls than Chihiro. He could've even banged a goddess, but nooooo pick the girl who treated him like shit from the start.

Or Love Hina where

Spoiler

Or Strawberry 100% where

Spoiler

On a non rant related note ...

Spoiler

So, is the author genuinely trying to pull a "Shuffle!" on us, where the least interesting, least developed and most sidelined girl ends up winning or is this simply dragging the manga out?

Imagine being this fucking mad. I wonder if you were around to bitch about Chihiro winning TWGOK.

I'm actually okay with this but highly doubt the author will follow through. 

So, is the author genuinely trying to pull a "Shuffle!" on us, where the least interesting, least developed and most sidelined girl ends up winning or is this simply dragging the manga out?

I take you are talking about the anime that shoved each routes into 1-2 episodes, Asa route is more or less the same but leaves out certain details that are important but then you have Primula that is complete travesty, a lot because Primula route needs to be unlocked as other routes explain why Primula acts the way she does, the anime just ... pretty much ignored that and doesnt follow it at all besides she have to return but the anime is just its own thing regarding her.

Then again, its kinda the pretty standard VN adaptation were they try to adapt the whole thing and shove routes into 1-2 episodes were in the VN those routes take significant longer time so the end product is ... bad, the Shuffle anime isnt even Asa route because it leaves certain parts out,

So this leaves the "dragging this out" because it is, honestly there is no need to prolong this unless is to dump Aki in one of the worst possible way, it reached its natural obvious conclusion and this is just dragging it ... even doing this will just add pointless drama for the sake of maybe 5-6 chapters.

Uh wasn't Neko the first who met with Masamune (IIRC even before Aki), was fat like Masamune, loved past Masamune, changed because of her love to Masamune, became slim in the present and knew that "he" is Masamune even after he changed, loves the present Masamune too? Could be wrong though. This is just another example of the mangaka creating side characters far better than the main heroine.

She did but considering what she said about how he changed when Masamune went to her house to get back the photo, she never really understood the feeling of being of looked down upon.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics