Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.33 - 84votes)

Destro 246

Alt Names: alt 强袭246alt デストロ246alt Desutoro 246
Author: Takahashi Keitarou
Artist: Takahashi Keitarou
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaSeinen SeinenYuri Yuri
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Billionaire Touno Ryuuichi, the President of Touno Foods Group, recently acquired two young female assassins from a Mexican cartel. Sui and Ai came from unimaginably poor childhoods and were given a choice between killing people or selling their body. They chose the former and went through inconceivably extreme training and, at 17 years old, have become some of the deadliest assassins in the world. They are given the task of finding the killer that poisoned Ryuuichi’s wife and child. Sui and Ai encounter Matoba Imari who is another high-school aged assassin. But unlike the two, Imari just wants to lead a normal life.

Prequel:

> Ordinary±
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/ordinary±-r5647 )
Go to Destro 246 Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

104 Comments

Can anyone explains what going on? cuz the manga seems to be all over the place..

With no clear direction to where its heading or where its supposed to be leading?

The action scenes are cool I guess

The manga basically revolves around that:

Spoiler

Not too hard to understand right? The underlying plot in there is Imari's brainwashing. We learn later that the mastermind behind the two things I just mentioned is most likely the same person. 

Can anyone explains what going on? cuz the manga seems to be all over the place..

With no clear direction to where its heading or where its supposed to be leading?

The action scenes are cool I guess

The most successful assassins in history were basically a bunch of unnamed bureaucrats with a few James-Bond-ish ways of slipping vials of poison into a target's blood stream; famous examples of which include a self-sealing envelope, an umbrella with a needle, and of course radioactive tea. 

We need to remember that the combat assassin so prevalent in manga are actually variations of the ninja as perceived by Japanese popular culture. Most of the real-life ninja of old were quite competent in single combat primarily because they were originally self-governing impoverished SAMURAI and their retainers. Many actually did have to fight through bodyguards to get at their targets, so knowing how to swing your sword better than the other dude tend to help. As a result, assassins in manga tend to be depicted as superhuman soldiers, whereas real assassins in the modern world are nothing like this at all.

It's actually quite interesting if you think about it, because most cultures have their own ideas about how assassins work based on how their historical real ones did and they form their fictional depictions based around this idea. The original sect of assassins serving the Old Man of the Mountain were suicide killers armed with a dagger and told to get as close as they could to their target and sacrifice themselves to take him out. This has had the unfortunate consequence of producing today's very real suicide bombers. Chinese assassins also functioned similarly, cementing the "bodyguards vs. assassins" genre in Chinese fiction where the assassins usually expect to lose his life in the process of achieving his goal. Modern Chinese assassins actually follow this pattern, as shown in the 1960s assassinations of Taiwanese officials. In the West, however, the typical assassins were diplomats or aides to diplomats armed with sneakiness and a vial of poison. Arguably, this last bunch have proven to be more successful in the modern setting simply because they tend not to get caught.

The important point here is that except in Japan due to their unique history, most of the world's real assassins actually have had very little combat training, if at all. Why WOULD you want (or need) to train them in combat until they're better than SEALs? They're expendable. Their only purpose is to get close enough to the target to stab/poison/shoot him, coming back home being a secondary priority (if at all). 

Isn't cultural differences fun?

That said, a slight addendum:

Assassinations also changed as times changed. As identification (or falsified identification) got better, assassinating "the enemy" gradually became harder. A LOT harder. Assassinating an enemy "leader" only made things worse if the enemy responded by launching an attack (a 'they've already killed one of us, we need to kill them before they kill the rest of us!'-response). Indirectly, people talked. If you started to get a reputation for killing people who didn't/wouldn't work with you, you could quickly find yourself isolated (why trade with someone if you might be paid with a knife in the back?)

It took you a long time to notice because release have become regular only since September, before that it took forever for me to get chapters released but now things are going faster than before.

It's also true that this is a fairly obscure manga. We all know Jormungand, and even those who do not know it's a manga have probably heard of the anime (at least as a comparison to Black Lagoon).

Anyway, thanks for the upload and keep 'em coming. :D

Wow I can't believe it took me this long to notice this! Leave it to the author of Jormungand to make another series full of crazy chicks that you can't help but to fall in love with!

It took you a long time to notice because release have become regular only since September, before that it took forever for me to get chapters released but now things are going faster than before.

Wow I can't believe it took me this long to notice this! Leave it to the author of Jormungand to make another series full of crazy chicks that you can't help but to fall in love with!

Enjoy the cover for ch7, there won't one for a really long time!!

Edit: Still looking for a proofreader by the way^^

Makes me really happy you like it :3 This is currently one of my favorite series :) Look forward to chapter 7 it'll be some awesome stuff once again.

Already browsed through the raws, there's plenty of stuff I look forward to. ;D

Oh God, this is some amazing stuff, love it. :D

Please keep uploading new chapters, insane assassin girls are always welcome.

Makes me really happy you like it :3 This is currently one of my favorite series :) Look forward to chapter 7 it'll be some awesome stuff once again.

Oh God, this is some amazing stuff, love it. :D

Please keep uploading new chapters, insane assassin girls are always welcome.

Enjoy ch.6^^ (last chapter of volume 1 if we don't include the omake). Btw I'm looking for a proofreader for the series so if someone is interested, feel free to manifest yourself^^ (Native English speaker only). 

Does anybody know what's wrong with Imari's head? Read Ordinary a long time ago so don't remember if it was mention there or it's just something that is now mention in this story.

Ordinary± focused on her days as a high school assassin if I remember well. Destro 246 will focus on both Imari's condition (you'll learn more about it in ch.7) as well as Ai and Sui looking for Touno Ryuichi's wife and daughter's killer (a whole phase called Hologram focuses on that - we learn the killer's name in ch.20 - in volume 4 between ch.21 and 29).

Does anybody know what's wrong with Imari's head? Read Ordinary a long time ago so don't remember if it was mention there or it's just something that is now mention in this story.

The girls need some big time chill pills, methinks. Other than that I'm go for them chopping each other's heads off.

School girl assassins with no fan service. I can get on board with this. 

Fan service will arrive on volume 2... Until then in ch5-6 and 7 in volume 2, pure (some) action^^

Oh how many years has it been?

School girl assassins with no fan service. I can get on board with this. 

Female assassins, huh?

Why am I reminded of the cyborg girls of Gunslinger Girl and Roberta the maid and "Two Hands" Revy of Black Lagoon?

MC and female boss ichigo looks the same fufufufu

KarchAmadeo
Oct 25 2014 11:53 PM

Re-uploads and comments are being deleted :/

Not quite sure what to make of this.

It might depend on what kind of killer/assassin/fighter/warrior you want. The africans might be great soldiers, but they'll stand out in public, and if they're raised like that, might not necessarily adapt to certain levels of stealth needed for assassins to escape being caught. 

Generally, you need someone willing for some reason to train, great amounts of funding for great training ,lots of equipment, practice and targets.

And if there was a 17 year old girl like that? Going toe to toe against an entire Seal Team, or just single individuals? I'd like to meet her, and by god I would write down everything she tells me to remember several times, because I think upsetting her would be a bad idea.

The most successful assassins in history were basically a bunch of unnamed bureaucrats with a few James-Bond-ish ways of slipping vials of poison into a target's blood stream; famous examples of which include a self-sealing envelope, an umbrella with a needle, and of course radioactive tea. 

We need to remember that the combat assassin so prevalent in manga are actually variations of the ninja as perceived by Japanese popular culture. Most of the real-life ninja of old were quite competent in single combat primarily because they were originally self-governing impoverished SAMURAI and their retainers. Many actually did have to fight through bodyguards to get at their targets, so knowing how to swing your sword better than the other dude tend to help. As a result, assassins in manga tend to be depicted as superhuman soldiers, whereas real assassins in the modern world are nothing like this at all.

It's actually quite interesting if you think about it, because most cultures have their own ideas about how assassins work based on how their historical real ones did and they form their fictional depictions based around this idea. The original sect of assassins serving the Old Man of the Mountain were suicide killers armed with a dagger and told to get as close as they could to their target and sacrifice themselves to take him out. This has had the unfortunate consequence of producing today's very real suicide bombers. Chinese assassins also functioned similarly, cementing the "bodyguards vs. assassins" genre in Chinese fiction where the assassins usually expect to lose his life in the process of achieving his goal. Modern Chinese assassins actually follow this pattern, as shown in the 1960s assassinations of Taiwanese officials. In the West, however, the typical assassins were diplomats or aides to diplomats armed with sneakiness and a vial of poison. Arguably, this last bunch have proven to be more successful in the modern setting simply because they tend not to get caught.

The important point here is that except in Japan due to their unique history, most of the world's real assassins actually have had very little combat training, if at all. Why WOULD you want (or need) to train them in combat until they're better than SEALs? They're expendable. Their only purpose is to get close enough to the target to stab/poison/shoot him, coming back home being a secondary priority (if at all). 

a dark bitter-sweet ending for ch4 ^_^

Danger! Personal opinion! Be warned, I might be making huge (incorrect?) vague generalizations for the sake of what I hope is a casual discussion!

I beg to differ, there is a lot to be said for the exceedingly harsh conditions generated by the Mexican drug war. Nations of the "civilized" world may have money to throw at the problem, but Latin America provides a much higher volume of practice for young killers (terrifying murder rates in Colombia, Guatemala, Honduras(particularly San Pedro Sula), and Mexico(particularly Juarez))

That said, I think the scariest killers come from central to southern Africa and the Ivory Coast. Who would have thought that children raised with AK's instead of teddy bears, forced to kill their friends and relatives before puberty, and steeped in genocides, governmental corruption, and a generally brutal culture turn out to be great at making people dead.

Or were we talking about people who can go toe to toe with seal team six or Spetsnaz? If there is a 17 year old girl somewhere in the world who can do that, I desperately want to ask her out.

It might depend on what kind of killer/assassin/fighter/warrior you want. The africans might be great soldiers, but they'll stand out in public, and if they're raised like that, might not necessarily adapt to certain levels of stealth needed for assassins to escape being caught. 

Generally, you need someone willing for some reason to train, great amounts of funding for great training ,lots of equipment, practice and targets.

And if there was a 17 year old girl like that? Going toe to toe against an entire Seal Team, or just single individuals? I'd like to meet her, and by god I would write down everything she tells me to remember several times, because I think upsetting her would be a bad idea.

• Ada likes this

Spoiler

I APPROVE.

New chapter!! Enjoy^^

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics