Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 372votes)

Flying Witch

Alt Names: alt ふらいんぐうぃっちalt جادوگر پرنده
Author: Ishizuka Chihiro
Artist: Ishizuka Chihiro
Genres: Comedy ComedySchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kowata Makoto is an airhead with a bad sense of direction who just moved into her relative's house... but is that all?

The Oneshot was originally published under a different pen name (Ishioka Chikai).
Go to Flying Witch Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Replace cover to newest volume New Window sradok
  • 1 Replies
Topic Flying Witch as Volume in Japan New Window sradok
  • 2 Replies

641 Comments

Yeah that took forever, sorry. Actually I finished this chapter in a few hours but blah blah explanation on my website.

The oneshot was good too though :)
hmm the serialized version is more up my alley.
I like how the chapter pace is slow.
interesting art style good story so far classic gag manga
hmm i see...

Chitanda Eru : "Mahou ni ki ni narimasu!! " lol

btw please tell me that this story is still on going, i love the art.
@meevanhelot; @diabolusursus
chill out, sit tight, and just enjoy the story
those who doesn't contribute or involved in the making of the manga do NOT have any rights to criticize either the mangaka or editor or publisher...
if you don't like it then don't read it... simple, right?
"Huh? Huh?" *Rub Rub* "Huh?"
Ok, that chapter ending was kind of epic in it's own way -_-
@ meevanhelot:
Unless I'm terribly mistaken and scanlators just haven't been translating the manga, the oneshot came out QUITE some time ago. (I don't know the specifics, but I know I read it at least a year ago...) I'm also guessing that it's only recently been serialized, which would account for the drastic change in story. It seems like whoever stumbled across it and decided to serialize it insisted on some changes to appeal to a wider audience. Maybe I'm reading a bit too much into it, but it might have something to do with the title of the first chapter: The First Miracle in Six Years? Regardless, I was really disappointed that the series hadn't been serialized yet, so this is a pleasant and unexpected surprise for me.
Not that I don't like the new version, but why the hell would you serialize a one shot, but have the serialized manga be completely different in every way, even the art style? If a one shot gets serialized, it's because it was well received, but the new one has absolutely nothing of what that made it well received in the first place. It can't, because it has nothing from the one shot in it at all.

Again, not saying I dislike the new one, but I do not understand the logic behind it at all from the magazine. It's a different manga with the same name, not a serialization of the one shot. Did the mangaka decide to change it themselves (because they became obsessed with Yotsuba& or something it looks like) and the editor is just so laid back he rubber-stamped it?
I liked the first chapter more than the oneshot. Especially when you don't read the oneshot first.
Aha. Finally remembered who she looked like. Eru from Hyoka,
Wooo! It got serialized! It's a shame it's not more similar to the oneshot, but it's still good, so instant follow! Looking forward to seeing where this goes. :D
lovely. Instant follow
Loving that sense of humor, the way Kei introduced Makoto to Chinatsu, the classroom event with Chisa and Akira, and the expressions are amazingly well done, so gdlk.
If you don't think to hard in terms of time. You could say that the Main story is the future of the oneshot.
So far I think both are very good so far.
So turned out all those bitches who had rejected me in the past were actually not bitches and whores, but witches who tried to harvest my manly tears. Now I don't know if I feel better knowing the truth or I just develop an urge to carry a lighter and some stakes with me to burn the next bitc- , witch who rejects me.
Also makes me want to watch kiki's delivery service again.
One-shot was amazing.
Ooh, looking forward to this one c:
Oohh. .So this was that one-shot.. Nice to see it being serialized albeit in a totally different story...
Ooh this one looks cute...
so cool so cool so cool so cool so cool so cool so cool so cool so cool so cool so cool so cool
x0
I so agree with Purple Library Guy, it's Yotsuba, Minami-ke and Nichijou (with fantasy) all over again. I liked the one-shot but I think I will love the series.
Dunno, a lot of people seem to like the one-shot better. For me it's the other way around, actually. True, the one-shot has some priceless moments--
Spoiler
but I like the feel of the main story more. The one-shot is more of a conventional school manga thing. The main story feels like Kiki's Delivery Service meets Yotsuba! or something.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics