Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 129votes)

Yesterday wo Utatte

Alt Names: alt イエスタデイをうたってalt Bana Dünü Söylealt Sing "Yesterday" for Mealt Sing Yesterday for Mealt Sing Yesterday!alt Yesterday o Utattealt 昨日之歌
Author: Toume Kei
Artist: Toume Kei
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After college, Rikuo Uozumi, a boy without much ambition in life, takes on a job at a convenience store. The days pass by uneventfully for Rikuo until he meets his former love interest and classmate, but especially thanks to the unusual Haru Nonaka, and her pet crow…
Go to Yesterday wo Utatte Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cliche I know, but who are you rooting for? New Window Purple Library Guy
  • 64 Replies

466 Comments

Spoiler

It's been a year since the last update.

RIP the dream.

Please, end our suffering. Update pls.

Update never.

I just re-read from the beginning.  Somehow doesn't feel nearly as slow when you're going through it like that.  Holds my attention and I zoom through pretty fast, makes me remember all over again why I like this series.  So now I'm ready for the grand finale; Village Idiot can bring us the concluding volume whenever they like now.

Any . . . time . . .

Ah, where has Yesterday gone?

I can see the ending but I still want to read it!

Spoiler

Is this still ongoing? what a cliffhanger half a year ago!

what Rou said to Shinako is exactly what I was thinking. they're only going to continue hurting one another if they try to continue this relationship. the only remedy is time and distance. they both need to heal and that move to Italy may be just the ticket.

I never thought anyone would say that about Yesterday.

And now there is only one volume left and I think I'm going to get whiplash from how fast everything is going to arrive at its conclusion.

...A 15 year run, my God. I can't even imagine how Japanese readers felt about this series following it for 15 damn years. What a neverending nightmare.

If Shinako screws up this thing that Rou has going for him I swear to god.

It kills me that he even seems kind of happy with Rio and genuinely would like to move on from Shinako, but Shinako will never let him because she just waffles all the damn time.

If Shinako screws up this thing that Rou has going for him I swear to god.

I really like Rou's and the Model girl's pairing. I want Rou to move on from Shinako as well.

What are we doing, anyway?

(Kinda glad I've been reading this for ~5 years, instead of 15! I can't imagine how the Japanese readers feel.)

DAT LINE!
It really got me!

What are we doing, anyway?

(Kinda glad I've been reading this for ~5 years, instead of 15! I can't imagine how the Japanese readers feel.)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

It does feel like the logjam has broken.  The ice has started to give way in the spring thaw and the river at last begins to move.  Like that.

Of course the perception of movement is helped rather by the fact that this now makes 10 chapters in 3 weeks.  Woohoo!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THINGS ARE MOVING TOO FAST 

I never thought anyone would say that about Yesterday.

I'm struggling to care about Shinako. She's a very well-written character in that not everybody is emotionally strong, but she just sort of uses Uozumi because she doesn't want to admit she likes Rou (which also pisses me off because it's sort of like "Yeah, I like you because I liked your brother" in a way).

Don't get me wrong, Uozumi isn't entirely the victim here because he still thinks of Haru when dating Shinako and also doesn't have the guts to just admit to his girlfriend that "Hey, my ex is staying with me because she ran away from her current boyfriend, but trust me we aren't doing anything" (which the best case would've been to perhaps stay with Shinako while the ex crashed at his place for a while) or "Hey, my friend ran away and I'm worried about her," but Shinako is very clearly much more in the wrong here because she's just stringing Uozumi along because she doesn't want to be hurt that badly.

Hell, she's over the ex staying with Uozumi in like a day, but the moment she hears Rou is staying over with and somewhat dating Rio, she starts crying. That's ridiculous and incredibly unfair.

Shinako is the ultimate case of "You can't have your cake and eat it, too."

first, well she is incredibly unfair (shinako)

second, she has feelings for Rou, but she doesn't like him and like you said, she is "he ultimate case of "You can't have your cake and eat it, too.""

uozomi isn't a victim too, as shinako they're both partially villains, but at least he was clear that he liked shinako all around the series and tried to stay away from her to not make her suffer more, in the end, the development is really good if it can allow you to question if the decisions they make are right or wrong for their own happinness and maybe just maybe even relate.

tl;dr shinako sucks xD

I'm struggling to care about Shinako. She's a very well-written character in that not everybody is emotionally strong, but she just sort of uses Uozumi because she doesn't want to admit she likes Rou (which also pisses me off because it's sort of like "Yeah, I like you because I liked your brother" in a way).

Don't get me wrong, Uozumi isn't entirely the victim here because he still thinks of Haru when dating Shinako and also doesn't have the guts to just admit to his girlfriend that "Hey, my ex is staying with me because she ran away from her current boyfriend, but trust me we aren't doing anything" (which the best case would've been to perhaps stay with Shinako while the ex crashed at his place for a while) or "Hey, my friend ran away and I'm worried about her," but Shinako is very clearly much more in the wrong here because she's just stringing Uozumi along because she doesn't want to be hurt that badly.

Hell, she's over the ex staying with Uozumi in like a day, but the moment she hears Rou is staying over with and somewhat dating Rio, she starts crying. That's ridiculous and incredibly unfair.

Shinako is the ultimate case of "You can't have your cake and eat it, too."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THINGS ARE MOVING TOO FAST THERE ARE ONLY 14 SCENES LEFT AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE ANYTHING WILL END UP.

6 chapters... 6 CHAPTERS AND I'M STILL FREAKIN' CLIFF-HANGED?!?!

This series is just damn good!

Spoiler

And what of this!

Spoiler

MAN! Just go with this ship please!

As of ch112:

Spoiler

It's understandable even without names!

That's a pretty horrible, though incredibly accurate description :D

I hope no one ends up happy and they all end up going their separate ways. Some combination of every character has, inadvertently or not, done another more harm than good.

I don't remember the names anymore(seems like a lifetime since i last read it) but from the beginning i really hated the kid , don't know maybe because he's a crubaby that can't accept reality as it is and i really  don't want him to end up with his crush(don't remember her name).The other older male mc i don't care with whom he will end up with because i find both girls good (i know most people prefer the crow gril, me too but even if they don't end up together i don't mind).
PLEASE if anyone knows the ending can he post in the spoilers!!!!

As of ch112:
Spoiler

It's understandable even without names!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics