Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 336votes)

Owari no Seraph

Alt Names: alt 终结的炽天使alt 終わりのセラフalt Owari no Serafualt Seraph of the Endalt Seraph of the End: Kıyamet Meleğialt Seraph of the End: Serafin Dni Ostatnich (Polish)alt Seraph of the End: Vampire Reignalt اسرافیل پایانیalt سيراف النهاية: سيادة الرعب
Author: Kagami Takaya & Furuya Daisuke
Artist: Yamamoto Yamato
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorMystery MysteryShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Set in the near future, in a world where humans have to fend against vampires. Having lost everything during one such attack, Hyakuya Yuuichirou aims to join a specialized military squad for the sake of revenge, even as more unnatural things begin to occur...
Go to Owari no Seraph Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [Poll]: Which girl would you date? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapters 22 to 39 - Just go to readmanga.today New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies
Topic Owari no Seraph Wiki New Window Reflectionz
  • 2 Replies

486 Comments

Humanity is totally screwed

to put it simple, Kagami's works have tendency to have a normal start, Denyuuden being set out on journey and Itsuten having MC suddenly remain his 1st love have received power but later, in denyuuden the Mad hero and Devil come in with goddess turn their story into haywire, in Itsuten the MC is revealed to be part of a prophecy which was rewritten before, turning the whole prophecy things into a lie, so far only no game no life in the only exception but the game involved and back story is mind bending enough to put it on the same level. Owari no Seraph is the same but it's scanlation haven't reach that point and the LN have yet to be translated so you guys didn't what humans done before Vampire appears and why demons weapon was so conveniently appear when vampire surfaced after few years.

you don't read much Kagami's works aren't you, all his work can hardly classified as shounen despite the shounen tradition start due to all the twist involved later in the story, a prime example is Denyuuden or Legends of legendary heroes, the MC normally gone through all sort of twist and situation in his work, everything he set up is for later story control so just wait for scan to reach there and you will see why me and black adder siad that.

Finally, someone who understand what I'm talking about

I don't see how Yuu's power can be terrifying when hes only pursuing said power out of completely justified fear/hatred of vampires in the first place. By your logic, all shounen stories have terrifying protagonists. They all seek uber-powers (and get them) when run into a new, stronger antogonist.

I read this because its an easy read and free. It has potential, but its catering to a shounen audience so heavily that its degrading itself. (A high school setting for mental stability? His last school experience was living with abusive parents/social services before the world went to hell and lived as livestock for the vampires. Not exactly something you should make someone relive if you want them to be mentally stable.)

you don't read much Kagami's works aren't you, all his work can hardly classified as shounen despite the shounen tradition start due to all the twist involved later in the story, a prime example is Denyuuden or Legends of legendary heroes, the MC normally gone through all sort of twist and situation in his work, everything he set up is for later story control so just wait for scan to reach there and you will see why me and black adder siad that.

I don't see how Yuu's power can be terrifying when hes only pursuing said power out of completely justified fear/hatred of vampires in the first place. By your logic, all shounen stories have terrifying protagonists. They all seek uber-powers (and get them) when run into a new, stronger antogonist.

I read this because its an easy read and free. It has potential, but its catering to a shounen audience so heavily that its degrading itself. (A high school setting for mental stability? His last school experience was living with abusive parents/social services before the world went to hell and lived as livestock for the vampires. Not exactly something you should make someone relive if you want them to be mentally stable.)

It's terrifying because Yuu's power can actually destroy the world if not kept in check. Again, it's useless to talk about it because you haven't read until the newest chapter and haven't read the LN. If Yuu's not careful, everyone he cares about could actually be destroyed as well and no, the power didn't just came from the demon he made contract with, even before before that he was already experimented upon by the Hyakuya Laboratory. Catering to shounen audience? Yeah, just wait until the next chapters. If you had read the author's previous works like Legend of the Legendary Heroes, you should know he takes things slowly and sometimes very plainly until everything goes to hell. At the

current chapters, the heroes are utterly fucked.

Mental stability? The high school setting is not meant for mental stability, the first school Yuu went into are just for him to actually find companionship which is very important considering what happen in the chapters after he joined the army, the second is an actual school to choose the candidates for the army, this kind of school also appears in the prequel Light Novels, where army bigshots like Guren, Shinya, Kureto, and Seishiro (all who appear in chapter 5) trained in before they become high ranking members. They don't care about mental stability, they just care about having powerful members, in fact they're kind of jerks, especially those from the Hiiragi family.

Also, unlike most shonen series, the school setting is just for a while, after gaining demon weapons, Yuu and his team will join the army and fight against the vampires directly throughout the post apocalyptic Japan. Here, shit starts to hit the fan.

There's a LN prequel for this which showed that human has experimented with demon weapons even before the vampire attack. In fact, the early demon weapon in LN cause the wearer the go crazy. Also, remember in chapter 1 where Guren said that Yuu comes from the Hyakuya Laboratory that destroyed Japan? You will found out how true this is in chapter 13, how terrifying Yuu's power really is. The Vampires  are not good guys is any stretch of the word, but the power that some humans possess are many time more destructive than the vampires.

Seriously, if you guys don't like it, why do you keep reading it. Stop complaining and just stop reading.

i'm registered. no download link visible.. all post has "Download" but no link

Need to post at least once. Thanking the uploader would probably be a good first post.

You can find them at Winny Club section over at jcafe.

The plot is slow moving, but all his plots are that way. It does pick up later on with what blackadder posted and the most recent raw which was bad ass.

i'm registered. no download link visible.. all post has "Download" but no link

that was bland as fk. they couldve made it more intense. couldve thrown a foreshadowing or two. sure the 'he's not pure human' is a bit ok but the whole 'conquering the demonic sword' thing was really bland.

they established that those weapons were top class but they made them look too easy to get. and also, a ranking based on the weapon's power difference wouldve been ok too. it couldve separated the MC as someone special compared to the others if the author played it out differently. a better pattern wouldve been, the glasses guy or the girl taking and controlling the highest tier weapons thereby impressing the military guy and the MC accidentally or having a connection that lure him towards a special weapon that was stored there but was forbidden for anyone to wield. some demon god or a legion of demons in a single sword.

also, the look of that guy who failed couldve been better. seriously, a high ranked demon possessing a human and all the change that happened was 2 itsy bitsy tiny jinda horns? ugh..nvm.

Yuu is already established as special in chapter 1 when Guren told him that he was the one told in the prophecy, being one of the survivor of the Hyakuya Laboratory that destroyed Japan and the fact that he is already a soldier in the army and capable of killing one the Four Horsemen in chapter 2 despite being very young. It's too bad that the prequel LN is not translated, the Hyakuya sect is already revealed there, hopefully they will reveal it in the manga too. You should just wait for future chapters, Yuu's strength will be shown more. Of course, chapter 13, the newest one is pretty much a wham episode, as Yuu's power is only making things worse. About the demon, that's actually how their form are, or at least the one the shown to human. Yuu's demon, Ashuramaru, has the form of a simple young girl nothing more, just because it's a demon, doesn't mean they have to have super scary form, they should be able take any form they like, considering their power.

This has all the markings of what should be a cool story but it just isn't connecting for me.

"Humans will destroy the world"? Really? So driving them into slavery/livestock status, crippling the global population and keeping them in a state of perpectual fear of extinction has nothing to do with humans threatening to destroy the world right?

Heres a little psychology lesson. When you put enough people in a hopeless situation and threaten to kill them constantly, SOMEONE in that crowd will do ANYTHING to get out, whether its use the teeth of the other people to dig through the walls or rip your rib cage out and beat you to death with it.

There's a LN prequel for this which showed that human has experimented with demon weapons even before the vampire attack. In fact, the early demon weapon in LN cause the wearer the go crazy. Also, remember in chapter 1 where Guren said that Yuu comes from the Hyakuya Laboratory that destroyed Japan? You will found out how true this is in chapter 13, how terrifying Yuu's power really is. The Vampires  are not good guys is any stretch of the word, but the power that some humans possess are many time more destructive than the vampires.

Seriously, if you guys don't like it, why do you keep reading it. Stop complaining and just stop reading.

that was bland as fk. they couldve made it more intense. couldve thrown a foreshadowing or two. sure the 'he's not pure human' is a bit ok but the whole 'conquering the demonic sword' thing was really bland.

they established that those weapons were top class but they made them look too easy to get. and also, a ranking based on the weapon's power difference wouldve been ok too. it couldve separated the MC as someone special compared to the others if the author played it out differently. a better pattern wouldve been, the glasses guy or the girl taking and controlling the highest tier weapons thereby impressing the military guy and the MC accidentally or having a connection that lure him towards a special weapon that was stored there but was forbidden for anyone to wield. some demon god or a legion of demons in a single sword.

also, the look of that guy who failed couldve been better. seriously, a high ranked demon possessing a human and all the change that happened was 2 itsy bitsy tiny jinda horns? ugh..nvm.

Wait until later chapters dont jump too fast.

Better than expected I hope the continue to grow fast, lolita manga suck.

I was so excited after reading chapter 1 and 2 because there are a lot of pages and the plot moves quickly and the story seems interesting. Since then, the plot is moving slower and slower and slower and the length is getting shorter and shorter. Well at least the art work is not getting crappier.

Ch2: Don't leave your hiding place under the bed for any reason. Riiiight, hiding place, thanks a lot sis >.>

anybody now where i can find the raws for this series?

You can find them at Winny Club section over at jcafe.

The plot is slow moving, but all his plots are that way. It does pick up later on with what blackadder posted and the most recent raw which was bad ass.

This has all the markings of what should be a cool story but it just isn't connecting for me.

"Humans will destroy the world"? Really? So driving them into slavery/livestock status, crippling the global population and keeping them in a state of perpectual fear of extinction has nothing to do with humans threatening to destroy the world right?

Heres a little psychology lesson. When you put enough people in a hopeless situation and threaten to kill them constantly, SOMEONE in that crowd will do ANYTHING to get out, whether its use the teeth of the other people to dig through the walls or rip your rib cage out and beat you to death with it.

anybody now where i can find the raws for this series?

so... vampire or forbidden demon magic?

Demon magic! Better yet, BOTH! Blended into the perfect smoothie of might. A hybrid exuding overwhelming power more than enough to conquer the world!

Holy shit, dat cliffhanger.

I hope one day this gets an anime adaption, then again; I love anything by Kagami Takaya, specifically ItsuTen; hopefully next time Zexcs won't be the one who produce 13 episodes and off it on a cliffhanger, never to have a second season. :P

Spoiler for chapter 12

Spoiler

right in the feels!

......oh wait

Spoiler for chapter 12

Spoiler

@JKitty Let's just hope it doesn't get axed before we find out the end, A lot of good manga gets axed :(

This manga is easily one of the most popular in Jump SQ. In just two tankobon volumes, it has surpassed printing of 500,000 copies. It's getting color pages and magazine cover repeatedly in just 13 chapters. Trust me, it's a long time before it'll get cancelled.

@JKitty Let's just hope it doesn't get axed before we find out the end, A lot of good manga gets axed :(

they meet they fight he defeats him they reconcile same old crap as seen everywhere

I wouldn't be so sure about that they may reconcile.. but most likely on Michaela's death bed. And most likely the main character is being played by both sides of the equation (human's and vampies playing out a big damn dumb show) with a name like "Seraph of the End" and the wholesale slaughter of everything this guy has loved not once but twice (within the first chapter no less) I expect nothing more or less then a bloodstained ending that may even end up being bitter aftertaste. Never the less followed just to see if I'm right. Besides how can you not like a manga where the girl is cheering on for illicit sexual relationships.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics