Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 848votes)

Berserk

Alt Names: alt ベルセルクalt Beruserukualt Берсеркalt برسرک
Author: Miura Kentaro
Artist: Miura Kentaro
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Guts, known as the Black Swordsman, seeks sanctuary from the demonic forces attracted to him and his woman because of a demonic mark on their necks, and also vengeance against the man who branded him as an unholy sacrifice. Aided only by his titanic strength gained from a harsh childhood lived with mercenaries, a gigantic sword, and an iron prosthetic left hand, Guts must struggle against his bleak destiny, all the while fighting with a rage that might strip him of his humanity.
Go to Berserk Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Looking for chapters New Window ZonedIn
  • 2 Replies
Topic Favorite Berserk moments New Window Bananimal
  • 11 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Black
  • 24 Replies
Topic Falconia theory New Window MrAnarchist
  • 7 Replies
Topic berserk after chapter 95 New Window skules
  • 4 Replies
Topic The dark haired child New Window Tomlord
  • 3 Replies

841 Comments

Berserk will return on December 28.
Spoiler
@sidus03
Ehm, he has taken forever for years now, that has nothing to do with the movies.
ShaiHH i know that. But i'm saying once he's finished with the movie (which he already has) and stop taking so much breaks, then he could finish this manga quite easily.

What i'm hoping for is that he would finish the story, and script of the manga, then finally focus more on the drawing.
Well. Dont forget the BERSERK movies. Im pretty sure he is working on them with the movie team? I mean he went on a hiatus and didn't make a single chapter before the second movie was released on theaters in Japan.
I'm afraid the author might die before Berserk finishes :(
oh god i'd thought i would never see the day new berserk chapters would come out hallelujah
More Guts, and less of Griffith´s glorified troops. For now, another year for the next chapter.............

and

THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU Evil Genius for the translation.
@sidus03
Difference is, Berserk is already going for nearly two decades I think. One I am sure of, cause I bought it that long already.
Whoops. Sorry about that.
[spolier]Posted Image[/spoiler]
I'm usually not a fan of archers but Sir Irvin (Or what is name is) is just awesome to me.
lol another build up chapter for grif xD its making it seem like there the good guys now. will there be a stronger enemy in the future that will require grif and guts to fight together? coz if guts continued to pursue his revenge he'l just be hated by everyone.
GOOOOO COCKATRICE GO!!!!!
Every new English release of the manga deserves thousands praises.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH any time now the new chapter is going to be uploaded!!!

cookieness The author said Berserk is 60%-70% done, and even if it is high quality art for a manga, he could finish it in less than 10 years if he doesn't take any more god damn breaks. So it should be about 200 chpts more? Maybe, I'm not sure, Just maybe.
I mean look at Kokou No Hito, the art quality in that manga is on par with beserk and it was completed in 6-8 years.
the author is like REALLY old. i hope he doesnt leave the manga unfinished due to illness or something. seriously tho, it feels like the story still hasnt reached or is still at midpoint. grif is steadily gaining power and trust from the people and guts is starting to give in to the armor. his number of allies increase but not as much as grif's. i hope they get a huge buff in power @ elf island.
I have no idea what chapter Im on in this manga, meh time to re read it I guess.
A lot of people tend to have problems with their works. I haven't written anything since July and I still care a lot for it.

I'm glad for every Berserk chapter we get. Do I hate the wait? Hell yes! Do I enjoy the story? Hell yes. Is it worth the wait?

If it wasn't then we wouldn't be having people comment on the long wait after every chapter. They would have all left by now.

So in conclusion. Berserk is a HELL YES that even though it takes a while will always have a special place in my heart.
Maybe he has been slacking off a lot, however it doesn't seem like it. Being a mangaka means throwing away your social life, and sacraficing your health to creating mangas. I could understand him taking him breaks, but i doubt that his passion for his own series is gone.
@Squier As much as I want to agree with you, Miura does slack off, he goes on hiatus way too often and a few months ago he candidly admitted he was going on one to play Idolm@ster... Sure, he'll deal with personal stuff too, but recently I get the feeling he isn't pleased with this project anymore, and only updates it because he knows it's popular.
@Findyanto Putra
Stop. I know you are frustrated because the chapters come slowly and with not many pages, but back off. The amount of detail in every page of Berserk's chapters reach the detail a regular mangaka nowadays puts in one chapter. So no, don't shit out chapters. Take your time.
Berserk is a masterpiece. I just hope I live to see the day it reach it´s conclusion.

Thank you Evil Genius!
Last few pages reminded me of the EAC in "Finding Nemo."

Righteous! RIGHTEOUS!
There was a writing said " Please sent mail tell how you feeling about this work"
in chapter 331
if i can send mail from my country to the author i would say
"STOP Slacking and gimme more chapter faster"
My reaction to the last few pages

"Graaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!"

Damn it....So many mysteries....this is making it really hard to focus on anything!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics