Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 76votes)

Area no Kishi

Alt Names: alt Ceza-sahasının Şövalyesialt The Knight in the Area
Author: Igano Hiroaki
Artist: Tsukiyama Kaya
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Aizawa Kakeru is an energetic and dedicated eighth grader who serves as the manager for his school’s football team. Though he was well known for being a talented player the previous year, an accident during one of his games caused Kakeru to vow never to play competitively again. Still passionate about the sport, Kakeru dreams of one day becoming a professional football trainer so that he can work alongside his older brother Suguru, the ace of the school team who has represented Japan in international competition.
Go to Area no Kishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Vol 2 Chap 6/7 New Window Hierofantus
  • 1 Replies
Topic Area no kishi Chapter Discussion New Window malgod
  • 6 Replies

133 Comments

I don't know why some people are saying there's/there might be no progress...since Kakeru does get better. (I'm not quite sure if I should put this in forum or not)

Spoiler... (I'll keep it very minimum)

Spoiler

uh wait, they introduced a competitor that's supposed to be strong but they get owned in 2mins? And I thought they supposedly boasted of one of the strongest defenses yet expected to lose 3 goals?

Just make Araki the main character...he has more presence, talent and isn't that boring.

Damn...I really hope Kakeru will get some bitter needed development soon.

Around chapter 149/150, can't remember but it's up till the end of volume 18.

ahh rightio cheers mate

Where does the anime end in the manga chapters

Around chapter 149/150, can't remember but it's up till the end of volume 18.

Where does the anime end in the manga chapters

Chapter 132 already released. D:

lol when I saw Kakeru went out I knew he was gonna fuck up.

overconfidence...

Thanks for the new chapter~

Spoiler

I am a bit disapointed, i mean im at chapter 92, and it is turning into a olive and tom shit, before chap 92 it was still in the boundaries of football, now this is fucking fantasy, does it goes back to normal or again ill see things like this?

http://vatoto.com/read/_/116300/area-no-kishi_v12_ch92v.2_by_s2scans/14

Well the free kicks from the previous match with hibino was limits, even Junhino couldnt score everyone free kicks he had, but now this isinsanity, just lololol, a GK that give by hand  the ball to a defender and an attacker of the opposite team steal the ball? And yet there is like 4 defenders inside the penalty area? With a defender not on the lin with his other defenders, but i mean way not on line like 2 meters off so he can corver the attacker? Yo is this football? 

oh never saw this lol. ch312? still no actual progress? the fk? at the rate this is going, english scans will prolly reach it after 10 years xD not blaming the scanlators or anything. i guess it's boring to scanlate a story that has a microscopic level of progress per chapter.

anyways, im ok with kenichi's pace mainly because the main focus of the story is on the whole of ryozanpaku (forgot the spelling) and when something good is about to happen, it really does happen. when the focus is not on kenichi, it's on showing how badass and utterly OP the masters are especially the elder. and when it does get focused on kenichi, it shows that he has improved with his own power tho i guess it's still slow.

in AnK however, it's just a parade of 'almost' moments. he's about to make an awesome play!!....falls thru. the team is about to win!!....loses. he's finally making actual awesome plays!!!....it's not his own skill. it's like bait and switch manga version.

another thing, most of the characters in hsdk wether theyre allies or enemies are mostly unique and are each given their own arc spotlight. in AnK alot of people look alike. i guess it's in the setting and the type of story? it's also probably in the author's attempt at making the story as close to life as possible? but in the process it suffered from bland characterization and lack of uniqueness.

hsdk's progression is pretty fast too whereas AnK's is pretty slow. 120 chapters after, theyre still not over suguru. theyre still discussing how strong suguru is and on how strong the people around suguru are and even his rival. everyone looks at kakeru and sees suguru. were also still not sure if seven either likes kakeru for real or if she only likes suguru and sees him in kakeru. when will kakeru take the spotlight? 312 still not a starter? if that is true..god forbid xD

I hate to tell you but younger brothers will always be in the shadow of there older brothers. And considering the same sport, its going to last longer, And how he is ALWAYS going to be compared to the older brother even long into his sports carerr. It even happens to brothers in differnt sport feilds as it will "the XXXX of football" XXXX = older brothers name.

So as much as you hate it, its true to life.

well, slow development is slow.

Spoiler

@cookieness, you hit the nail on the head with your assessment. I have no doubt if Kakeru didn't have a brother complex and kept at it instead of running away he would've been just as great as his brother in his own right. Now it's just going to take longer to get to that point and we'll just have to suffer through the chest raping until we get there.

As well as your other point with how it tends to bog down so to speak. Sadly, it doesn't get any better since I keep up with the raws. Well one can't claim that this is another Tsubasa knock-off. I could be wrong, but I don't think Kakeru develops anything new either.

Infact just a minor spoiler. He still isn't a starter and we're at chapter 312 already. The author spends far too much time on every other player and not enough on Kakeru. That's what keeps it at just a good manga and not a great one.

Then again look at Kenichi and how pathetic his character has become in HSDK and it's already up in the 500's. Hopefully, Kakeru won't follow that route.

oh never saw this lol. ch312? still no actual progress? the fk? at the rate this is going, english scans will prolly reach it after 10 years xD not blaming the scanlators or anything. i guess it's boring to scanlate a story that has a microscopic level of progress per chapter.

anyways, im ok with kenichi's pace mainly because the main focus of the story is on the whole of ryozanpaku (forgot the spelling) and when something good is about to happen, it really does happen. when the focus is not on kenichi, it's on showing how badass and utterly OP the masters are especially the elder. and when it does get focused on kenichi, it shows that he has improved with his own power tho i guess it's still slow.

in AnK however, it's just a parade of 'almost' moments. he's about to make an awesome play!!....falls thru. the team is about to win!!....loses. he's finally making actual awesome plays!!!....it's not his own skill. it's like bait and switch manga version.

another thing, most of the characters in hsdk wether theyre allies or enemies are mostly unique and are each given their own arc spotlight. in AnK alot of people look alike. i guess it's in the setting and the type of story? it's also probably in the author's attempt at making the story as close to life as possible? but in the process it suffered from bland characterization and lack of uniqueness.

hsdk's progression is pretty fast too whereas AnK's is pretty slow. 120 chapters after, theyre still not over suguru. theyre still discussing how strong suguru is and on how strong the people around suguru are and even his rival. everyone looks at kakeru and sees suguru. were also still not sure if seven either likes kakeru for real or if she only likes suguru and sees him in kakeru. when will kakeru take the spotlight? 312 still not a starter? if that is true..god forbid xD

so..about that guy with mai? father? manager? compensated dating? has this been covered in the anime? which is it?

manly tears, suguru was great, as a person and player :'(

what a great friendship forged on sportsmanship

which manga is this from?

Dragons Rioting.

Nice jealousy there Seven, even if it's just a small one.

So who's new guy, abusive father or annoying manager?

Tsundere father would be more fun . :-)

Something like "Its been a while Mai...and......i'ts not like I waited here for you!

Nice jealousy there Seven, even if it's just a small one.

So who's new guy, abusive father or annoying manager?

heh, turns out to be a great match between great players.

dragons rioting

Kakeru, you need to control yourself. Learn how to do that from this master:

Spoiler

Kakeru, you need to control yourself. Learn how to do that from this master:

Spoiler

Kakeru. Control your emptions. She's just playing with you because of Seven. Use your damn head...and I don't mean the one between your legs. =P

Oh shit, here comes the rivalry in sports and love lol

chapter made me laugh too

>female soccer rival for Nana

>could be interesting

>potential for watching girls compete against each other

>aw yiss

>decides to chase after Kakeru instead in hopes of sparking jealousy

>son-i-am-disappoint.jpg

From real potential rival to trashy love rival with no chance of character development, in less than 15 pages.

Dang it, author.

Kind of spoiler

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics