Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 170votes)

Ouroboros

Alt Names: alt ウロボロスalt ウロボロス 警察ヲ裁クハ我ニアリalt 無間雙龍alt 无间型警
Author: Kanzaki Yuuya
Artist: Kanzaki Yuuya
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ikuo Ryuuzaki and Danno Tatsuya are 2 orphaned boys who were looked after by a woman they called 'sensei'. Following their sensei's brutal murder, the two vow to hunt down her killers and the police officers who neglected to properly investigate the case.

15 years later, Ryuuzaki is a police detective and Tatsuya has become the leader of a group of mobsters. Helping each other out behind the scenes, they strive to rise to the tops of their respective fields so that they may exact their vengeance.

NOTE: the covers of the final volumes tend to be spoilerish, so leave the cover of the volume currently being scanlated, please.
Go to Ouroboros Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Ouroboros chapter discussions thread New Window truepurple
  • 9 Replies

436 Comments

While I know there is a lot to investigate, there's still something:

DON'T YOU FUCKING DIE, BANDO, NO.

DON'T...!

For one thing, if Rin Chou-En was arrested 30 years ago by Bando and his colleagues, it is pretty strange for a 60-year-old to be wielding a katana on a motorbicycle. There is bound to be something more to that than we see.

I think the key is to study the crime scene where Rin was arrested. There might be someone else - who was a child then - that could be behind the current crimes.

I keep waiting for some hint that there's more going on than what we see, or that the killer isn't working alone. Also I think that personnel girl is dangerous, not because I think she might have something to  do with this, but she seems to look into every little detail of a persons past.

Ugh... cliffhangers!

Take a course and do it properly! Memrise and Anki are, I'm told, good ways to build vocab. I actually have a reader who is learning Japanese and reads through the raws for his own practice. His comments are invaluable when the Chinese TL I use is inaccurate (or I am).

Ouro raws are easy to google for.

I can vouch for Anki (I don't know Memrise). It is gruelling practice (when you have accumulated a big set of cards, it's one hour at least per day), but it does not allow you to forget vocabulary.

I am mostly self-taught. I recommend the Genki textbooks and the Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar by Makino and Tsutsui to begin. I've reached intermediate level in two years (but I'm slow due to real life constraints).

:(

any good japanese-engrish dictionary? and raws...  

Take a course and do it properly! Memrise and Anki are, I'm told, good ways to build vocab. I actually have a reader who is learning Japanese and reads through the raws for his own practice. His comments are invaluable when the Chinese TL I use is inaccurate (or I am).

Ouro raws are easy to google for.

Jisho is good, but you don't want to do that unless you speak a bit Japanese, trust me.^^

Did we see the guy who killed their parents already, or whatever happened there? Damn I need to reread; too slow...

Must.. resist.. making.. black man in the dark.. joke.. 

It's a monthly series and we're about 10 volumes behind. Probably faster for you to learn Japanese :)

I just catched up with DT's translation today, and a new chapter strikes! Does this mean you'll be working weekly with this? I would be more than  glad, if not, well, bad luck.

It's a monthly series and we're about 10 volumes behind. Probably faster for you to learn Japanese :)

...INTENSE!!!

I just catched up with DT's translation today, and a new chapter strikes! Does this mean you'll be working weekly with this? I would be more than  glad, if not, well, bad luck.

I don't think for one second Bano is the culprit. He is actually trying to call the person who has been murdered (probably a friend who, contrarily to him, moved upwards in the career), not knowing they have been murdered. His face probably transmits the realisation: my friend is missing, could he have been…?

Spot on there.

I don't think for one second Bano is the culprit. He is actually trying to call the person who has been murdered (probably a friend who, contrarily to him, moved upwards in the career), not knowing they have been murdered. His face probably transmits the realisation: my friend is missing, could he have been…?

It's a set-up! Bano didn't do anything! I think he's the same as Ryuuzaki.  Killing criminals in secret, which is why he's so paranoid.

kendama - I know. But still. They couldn't have made it more obvious that Hibinos father is a bad guy of some sort.

I don't think he's really a bad guy. The author could be trying to fool us by distracting us and then BAM! like Kendama said, he would supply Ryuzaki and Danno with a lead to who the real bad guy is. 

Such bad taste. Reminds me of Psycho-Pass episode 7, the "works of art".

This about to get exciting again in the next volume, can't wait!

Does Bando remind anyone else of Gendo...

Thanks for the updates! I'm guessing the bodies were drained first, then cut up so there was little to no blood left.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRtIOVFjeBjQ2GyjjwRxvgasp, so exciting

yeah, updates!

Thanks!

kendama - I know. But still. They couldn't have made it more obvious that Hibinos father is a bad guy of some sort.

@Mr. Late:

Yeah, it could be as you say. Remember that bigshot from chapter 9? He was merely a Senior Superintendent. Hibino's father is a Chief Superintendent, one step above him and fourth rank from the top. So yeah, he is in a position to be Golden Watch but, as you say, it would be the Captain Obvious trope.

But if Ryuzaki's hunch is correct and Golden Watch can control even people from the Public Security Bureau, then I would shoot a little higher. The PSB is under the Superintendent General authority (second rank), so its direct chief is probably a third rank officer (Superintendent Supervisor). Now, I'm not saying Golden Watch is the Superintendent General or the head of the PSB, but I would guess he is one of the 38 Superintendent Supervisors, someone who could exert influence over the PSB indirectly.

(All information from the organisational charts in the last chapters of volumes one and two.)

I'm discarding the first rank - Commissioner General - because it would be too far-fetched. My guess is that Hibino's father will ultimately supply Ryuzaki and Danno with key information from the upper echelons of the Metropolitan Police.

Oh well, the series is not complete in Japan and we're nine volumes behind, so it will take a loooong time for us to find out.

Uh oh, looks like shooting the bus tire is going to leave our dynamic duo with some explaining to do...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics