Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.25 - 97votes)

Taboo-Tattoo

Alt Names: alt 刻印 tabooalt タブー・タトゥーalt 禁忌咒纹alt Taboo Tattoo
Author: Shinjirou
Artist: Shinjirou
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Seigi, a martial arts trained middle schooler, often feels driven to protect the weaker people around him. One day, he defends a homeless man against some punks, and the man gives him a strange tattoo on his palm in return. The tattoo is a secret weapon produced in the arms race between America and the Serinistan Kingdom.

Seigi finds himself in over his head when a powerful girl, using the same secret weapon, violently pursues him in order to retrieve it. His skill at martial arts may not be enough to keep him alive, but will he be able to learn how to trigger the power of his tattoo in time?
Go to Taboo-Tattoo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

192 Comments

ok guys. scanlator here. chaps 37-38 will be Seigi's battle, and izzie/brad battle will be cont. in ch.39, so, it might take a time....

until then i'd like you to guess who is fused here. (don't look at raws like me though please!!!)

Our main heroine should cosplay as Saber and our main antagonist should cosplay as Rin. XD

...that would work pretty well.

Oh geez, he's raised so many death flags that he's basically immortal now. If he dies now, it won't even be sad or tragic, just hilarious.

Our main heroine should cosplay as Saber and our main antagonist should cosplay as Rin. XD

That video was full of WTF stuff but clearly served its purpose it angered them enough to make them do stupid things; in the last chapter when the main character appeared kicking ass and looking menacing instead of considering that an advance I thought something pretty similar to the thing that Wiseman said this chapter that he looked like a pissed off punk, I guess that that is a favourable change to his previous attitude and a normal stage in his grieving process but I hope that that will not be the final stage that his development as a character. Thanks for the chapter. 

Chapter name is not Hentai, it's Gyuuki.

Hmm...  When I looked up Gyuuki at Jisho.org, I got "Wicked and perverse."

So, yeah...  I'm still waiting for ch. 39.

Although Google Translate gave me "Cattle-out", which might be their version of "Bullshit", which also works for me since I am well known for being a major distributor of that product!!!

I'm not sure why...  But for some strange reason, I'm waiting for chapter 39.

Chapter name is not Hentai, it's Gyuuki.

I'm not sure why...  But for some strange reason, I'm waiting for chapter 39.

Spoiler

About romance heh... i have a strong feeling that MC end up with princess somehow, or less likably and more cliched - Touka will be resurrected, or... well... Izi get rid of her curse and become big breasted adult?

I'm personnaly shipping him with Izzi or - maybe - a resurrected Touka after some cliched twist. Touka's death was way too brutal and fast, I can't just accept it, even 20 chapter and one year later.

Princess is a bitch, just kill her.

And well, I'm annoyed at seeing Seigi is still not powerful enough. I don't wanna see a stupid powerup in the midst of battle, just give him enough power to kick these bastards ass and that's it. >_<

So, the story still frustrating and the MC underpowered?

What do you mean - still. Yet more 3 vols are released and it's not the end, MC must have a space to grow his powers, like in Bleach.

anime is annonced on v9 cover.

About romance heh... i have a strong feeling that MC end up with princess somehow, or less likably and more cliched - Touka will be resurrected, or... well... Izi get rid of her curse and become big breasted adult?

So, the story still frustrating and the MC underpowered? Cause I remember stop reading it at some time ago when I was fed up with the frustration of the MC not being able to do shit against the main bitch. I thought things would be better now, but by reading some of the comments below I think I will wait a lil bit more for some major story progression, maybe till the ending to be more accurate...

At this point, I don't care about the service. All I want is a knife through her fucking throat!
Spoiler

Overall, it's good but the further I read the more annoying everything gets.

I still like this series, but what I've read so far, and especially what I've read ahead a bit, shows an incredibly problematic tonal issue. It's still alright at these chapters, but I find it very exasperating in the later ones. It bounces from the brutal carnage to generic shounen-y fan service and bloodlessness at the turn of a page. At first, I thought it was effective at getting readers hooked with its unexpectedness and such, but it's still doing it, and frankly, I'm getting irritated. I already hate the Princess enough and I want the payoff, I don't need more set up to find the villains even more infuriating.

But having said that, I'm looking forward to what will happen.

I think the bit you read ahead is a little misleading unless you can actually read what's happening. Fanservice is pretty far in between after the next chapter. 

Spoiler

Yes, yeesss... Let the hate flow through you.

Even though I agree with this,

I still like this series, but what I've read so far, and especially what I've read ahead a bit, shows an incredibly problematic tonal issue. It's still alright at these chapters, but I find it very exasperating in the later ones. It bounces from the brutal carnage to generic shounen-y fan service and bloodlessness at the turn of a page. At first, I thought it was effective at getting readers hooked with its unexpectedness and such, but it's still doing it, and frankly, I'm getting irritated. I already hate the Princess enough and I want the payoff, I don't need more set up to find the villains even more infuriating.

I guess I should just take it. Still better than a pussy MC that keeps on blabbering about justice this and that and how he has to save everyone. That kind of mouth should just be eating shit (those who call Shirou on this, Archer Shirou is the one I acknowledge, not the dumb one... oh and BB is hardly the MC so I don't really care).

Though... given the bold text, there's also the chance of the so-called 1-chapter-timeskip-character-development going back to square one. Or more like zero.

Manga ''Taboo-Tattoo'' has Anime Adaptation Project in the Works!!!

cant wait...

A pretty fun manga, the plot is all over the place though. I'm also getting tired of villains who explain so much of their ideology, that you start seeing cracks in it at every point... The writers who try doing this, need to try harder in writing their characters' beliefs, like this they just turn out silly.

The new chapter is so fucking awesome... too bad im gonna wait again for a month...

KarchAmadeo
Jan 12 2015 02:29 PM

Timeskip into Anti-Hero.

Check.

Mentioning into Heroine's Trauma casually

Check.

Obligatory Bath Scene. 

May have already happened. Someone care to restate it?

Zero to Hero in one chapter.

wait could it be possible that a wimp MC finally grew a pair in some manga and actually kicked ass :o

Last few pages of this chapter? It definitely falls under the category of 'Like A Boss'.

Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

surrender your heart to darkness

Wow, this just got quite a bit better. Everything is starting to flow cohesively together. And I love the military guys as comedy. Plus, Seigi as a badass? Say it ain't so! This is too good to be true!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics