Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.38 - 423votes)

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san

Alt Names: alt となりの柏木さんalt โต๊ะข้างๆนี่แหละน่ารักalt Cerca de Kashiwagi-sanalt Di Samping Kashiwagi-sanalt 邻桌的柏木同学alt My Neighbor Kashiwagialt Next to Kashiwagi-sanalt Кашиваги-сан рядом со мной
Author: Shimotsuki Kinusa
Artist: Shimotsuki Kinusa
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A guy named Yuuto (an otaku) is interested in a web artist known as "Sayane." Recently a girl at school named Kashiwagi Kotone over-heard a conversation about Yuuto liking the web art of Sayane; but it turns out the Sayane is Kashiwagi!?! Yuuto hasn't figured that out yet... but he got a job at his favorite anime shop and caught Kashiwagi in that anime shop...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_Time_Kirara_Forward

Published in a Seinen magazine - please do not edit demographic to Shounen!
Go to Tonari no Kashiwagi-san Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic general manga discussion New Window Dai Satō
  • 39 Replies
Topic Main character New Window CrazyFruit
  • 7 Replies

1575 Comments

"Not everyone is doing as I say so I am going to take out my anger on the loyal and leechers alike..." Good strategy to win over everyone's favor.

Scanlators are never going to win the war so they need to stop being stupid and learn that it's best to just live with what they have rather than making things worse. If they continue to do scanlations covered by massive watermarks, they're simply going to lose the favor of those that do side with them and ultimately gain the ire of the community.
at least the gif has charl in it... she's france's greatest export since renault ;)
@Big McLargeHuge: And you call doing exactly what they don't want people to do "actively supporting" do you? Tell me, Big McLargeHuge, what exactly have you ever done to "actively support" the scanlators?
Now me, I'm parasitic on the scanlators. Never done a thing for them. I get something for nothing from them, and not only that but it's something I have no other way of getting--it's not like I'd otherwise have to pay for it, I wouldn't be able to get it at all. But unlike some, apparently, I don't imagine that being a parasite leaves me in a position to yell at my benefactor.

And I sure as death and taxes don't betray them by handing their work to someone they want it kept from. That's both low and idiotic. Scanlators are people who just do this stuff because they like to. They're not your employees, they don't have to do this stuff. If it stops being fun because some people are cutting them off at the knees and others are being a pain in the butt, chances are good they'll just quit.

So yeah, handing cleaned-up versions of their pages to Mangafox is kind of like cutting down your own favourite shade tree. Ragging on them is like drilling little holes in the trunk or breaking random branches. If it dies, well, maybe it wasn't you being a nasty idiot that caused it--but it probably didn't help.
Pls stop uploading chapters of different manga with giant banner marks all over the pages. Thank you.
I'm more than happy to provide advertising revenue to groups by getting my manga here and from scanlators websites, and I totally understand the reasoning behind the waterwarks. When they're the .gif ones or unobtrusive small ones scattered about I don't mind at all, but humongous text obscuring half the page is too much for me. I'll be sure to read this on mangafox in a week when the clean chapters come out instead of viewing ads and donating like I usually do when I enjoy a manga a lot. You're only hurting the people who are actually trying to support you by doing this, have you people learned nothing from Hollywood and the video game industry when it comes to DRM? You aren't going to stop mangafox and other readers from stealing your chapters, but you certainly are going to piss off the people who are actively supporting you.
Simple solution to those griping about the watermarks. Scanalate it yourself. Otherwise be thankful we have something at all to read...
"Ungrateful readers" referred to the readers like mistghost, and the person/people who unwatermarked our released of chapter 20. Not most readers, nor the people that only questioned why we use them.
i understand on why the scanlation group put mark their release and i'm grateful that the release manga that is not available elsewhere. its not because we asked we asked about the watermark we're automatically tagged as ungrateful.

yes, most of us contribute almost nothing to the scanlating community but can provide them thanks and donations to keep them running.

but, oh well this is the internet
Thanks for the awesome watermarks, if this is what you consider a readable version I'd hate to see what unreadable is.
The amount of pure idiocy contained in that statement is giving me cancer.

The amount of innocent fans being "punished" is incredibly minimal. Most of the people who'd claim to be said innocent fans aren't innocent in the slightest, and the rest are merely people who have a very slow internet. In which case they'll be inconvenienced with or without watermarks.

Just be lucky that I'm not following in PROzess' footsteps and stopping this manga from release altogether. You see, I scanlate for the readers. I very easily could have just kept all 4 releases for myself, but instead, I got this great series to continue, and be released again.

Reading scanlated manga is a privilege, not a right. The quicker you learn that, the better.
The amount of contradictions, hypocrisies, and ironies contained in that statement is literally giving me a headache. Congrats on punishing innocent fans with your strong arm attack on groups that will fix it anyways.
chapter 21: giggity
Upload completely clean version to Batoto = Completely clean version will be ripped for upload to MF/MH = No point in watermarking in the first place then

That's why.
Guys, I'm on Batoto, why am I staring at your fucking watermark bullshit?
21 is great but these watermarks are terrible :P
ch21.. is win..
Last part *Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm, and many more*.
Kashiwagi-san, Y U NO less oblivious?
Won't comment much on the watermarks this time.
I think one of the reasons the watermarks are not working is the atmosphere of the community.
Leechers nowadays feels it's their right to receive what they want. I don't see what did they do to deserve what they want, if they don't even make an effort to thank the ones who give them, what they want.

So basically..
I'll enjoy the manga~ I much rather have watermarks than bad translations~
And dang, these ungrateful new leechers.. They actually made me feel old.. Missing the times when we had a much smaller, grateful leecher community..
and it's still perfectly readable.
I'll wait for the real clean version to be uploaded somewhere. Apparently, even though this IS Batoto, there's still that big honking watermark in the middle of the page.
well. . . if they've not yet released the clean version yet, i guess i'll wait. . .
chapter 21's watermarks won't go away!! :(
how can i not "see" it?
I have nothing to say except this: weird, just weird, kinda funny, but still weird. ;)
Oh god, chapter 21 is so awesome too
i don't believe in him, there should be another turn out of event where another misunderstanding occured -_-

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics