Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 172votes)

Boku wa Mari no Naka

Alt Names: alt ぼくは麻理のなかalt Ben Mari'nin İçindealt I'm in Marialt I'm Inside Mari
Author: Oshimi Shuzo
Artist: Oshimi Shuzo
Genres: Drama DramaEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The manga follows an "angelic" beautiful high school girl with a certain secret she has been hiding from everyone, and an idle young male hikikomori (one who abnormally avoids social contact); the highlight of his day is seeing Mari at the convenience store. The story begins as Mari wakes up in her room, but something feels amiss about the room and even her own body.
Go to Boku wa Mari no Naka Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Mari? (possibly spoilers) New Window subliminal
  • 11 Replies
Topic discuss the latest chapter New Window raisane
  • 114 Replies
Topic Mos New Window Kemm
  • 1 Replies
Topic Correction New Window ixsetf
  • 1 Replies
Topic Download Zips from chapter 8 New Window anonymous preferred
  • 0 Replies

428 Comments

Why is everyone saying it costs $12 a month for the crunchyroll version? I'm subscribed to them (begrudgingly) because I wanted to show my support for Wagatsuma-san ha Ore na Yome, but I'm paying less than $5 a month for the manga section...

For anyone who cannot access Crunchyroll in their country, or anyone who does not want to pony up a recurring $5 per month charge for a subscription, there are all the usual sites located outside the US who will just gank Crunchyroll's translations and republish them on their sites, as is happening with, for example, Yamada and the Seven Witches.

My main problem with Crunchyroll is I hate feeling locked into a site because my credit card is getting hit every month by a recurring subscription fee. This is doubly annoying because Crunchyroll's catalog of licensed manga is so pathetically small. Another problem I have is Crunchyroll is using a Flash-based player to feed out the manga images (to make it slightly less convenient to download the images), and I have to allow java scripts and whitelist the site in Flashblocker to get the damn thing to work -- so effing stupid!

Spoiler

There's no such thing as a manga-only subscription.

EDIT: Google search found it, but I can see no way to actually get there from the site itself, which seems quite suspect to me.

I got there from the subscription page. I'll admit that it's kinda in a stupid place, but on the plan page, it's here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3736224/mangaonly.jpg

In hindsight, it's probably not so hard to tell why people are mistaking the price tag for $12, but it's the same situation as people trying to find the drama-only subscriptions.

Why is everyone saying it costs $12 a month for the crunchyroll version? I'm subscribed to them (begrudgingly) because I wanted to show my support for Wagatsuma-san ha Ore na Yome, but I'm paying less than $5 a month for the manga section. 

When you look at subscriptions, just make sure you look for the manga-only license. There's no point in paying the $12 unless you want to watch their anime or drama stuff... If you're in the US or a place that can purchase from Crunchyroll, you should be supporting the authors by paying for it. Honestly, anything less than making that effort and you're no better than a common leech. Don't mistake the efforts of fansubbers/scanlators as nothing more than intentional theft. They're providing access to something we wouldn't have gotten otherwise, but once we get it, their duties have been fulfilled and the torch is passed, for better or worse.

Mind you, I do feel bad for those in regions who can't do Crunchyroll which are impacted by this, but at that point it's an issue of the scanlators doing what they think is right. 

There's no such thing as a manga-only subscription.

EDIT: Google search found it, but I can see no way to actually get there from the site itself, which seems quite suspect to me.

My gripe is with the quality rather than paying for it, artists should receive some reward for giving us beauty. however often the official translations castrate the harsher or darker notes the fan works pick up on and don't highlight interesting points. 

On a related note how good are the Wagatsuma-san chapters? I might invest in that license if they're halfway decent.

Hi subliminal, 

I was a translator for Wagatsuma-san series, and imo, I can vouch for you that CrunchyRoll's translation is as colorful and accurate as it can get for the English audience. I did my best, but I came short even though my proofreaders made up for most of the gap. CR people are paid pros, and they're paid for a good reason.

Simply speaking, you won't regret a single cent on reading their version of Wagatsuma-san text-wise. (Yup, their cleaning, redrawing, and typesetting suck though)

p.s. For Boku wa Mari no Naka, all I could read was a single chapter, and as you see, c23 is simple as hell. Still, their translation has great quality.

Why is everyone saying it costs $12 a month for the crunchyroll version? I'm subscribed to them (begrudgingly) because I wanted to show my support for Wagatsuma-san ha Ore na Yome, but I'm paying less than $5 a month for the manga section. 

When you look at subscriptions, just make sure you look for the manga-only license. There's no point in paying the $12 unless you want to watch their anime or drama stuff... If you're in the US or a place that can purchase from Crunchyroll, you should be supporting the authors by paying for it. Honestly, anything less than making that effort and you're no better than a common leech. Don't mistake the efforts of fansubbers/scanlators as nothing more than intentional theft. They're providing access to something we wouldn't have gotten otherwise, but once we get it, their duties have been fulfilled and the torch is passed, for better or worse.

Mind you, I do feel bad for those in regions who can't do Crunchyroll which are impacted by this, but at that point it's an issue of the scanlators doing what they think is right. 

My gripe is with the quality rather than paying for it, artists should receive some reward for giving us beauty. however often the official translations castrate the harsher or darker notes the fan works pick up on and don't highlight interesting points. 

On a related note how good are the Wagatsuma-san chapters? I might invest in that license if they're halfway decent.

It ends...?

Bummer...

You ************* ********* Crunchyroll it's such a good series so why did you take it away when your translations lack the same emotional depth and willingness to explain the subtleties as the fan work, instead we'll get anglcised approximations that ignore or misrepresent the details for some exorbitant $/£/€'s 

Only real positive is that at least Oshimi-sensei might see some cash for his work.

I don't see why the likes of Crunchyroll don't just outsource to fan translators. They (generally) do a better job for free anyway.

Pay $12 for sub par translation? No thanks. I'll just make up my own ending.

You ************* ********* Crunchyroll it's such a good series so why did you take it away when your translations lack the same emotional depth and willingness to explain the subtleties as the fan work, instead we'll get anglicised approximations that ignore or misrepresent the details for some exorbitant $/£/€'s 

Only real positive is that at least Oshimi-sensei might see some cash for his work.

What in the actual f**k?

This is being dropped? Its not even available outside the f**king US!!!

well fuck chrunchytroll so hard , another series i won't be reading anymore , fk the usa too, 12 $ a chapter !!! , wtf am i getting a free handjob too ?

the last chapter is free for one week or until the next exit

well fuck chrunchytroll so hard , another series i won't be reading anymore , fk the usa too, 12 $ a chapter !!! , wtf am i getting a free handjob too ?

Dear readers,

Crunchyroll has decided to license Boku wa Mari no Naka (or Inside Mari), giving legal access to the English version of the manga for people outside Japan. Please support the mangaka if it is available in your country. 

You mean people outside Japan that are in the USA.

EDIT: Turns out it's accessible in Denmark, but it still costs fucking US$ 12 a month. Seriously hoping another group picks this up. 12 dollars to read a single chapter is just not reasonable. There's no other stuff on CrunchyRoll that I want.

Now i'm even more confused

@all
Norway Scan is dropping Shirogane no Nina (at c17) and Boku wa Mari no Naka (at c24), as CrunchyRoll has officially licensed them. 

Thank you for your support, readers. And I appreciate all time and energy from people I've worked with. =D 

Damn, the chapter was way too short ...

Thanks for the link. Crunchyroll doesnt have manga service in my country though I was able to read it through a direct link. That's a great discovery, thanks

Dear readers,

Crunchyroll has decided to license Boku wa Mari no Naka (or Inside Mari), giving legal access to the English version of the manga for people outside Japan. Please support the mangaka if it is available in your country. 

they might do it, maybe...

If this guy attacks her/him and the MC doesn't even bother to scream for help while the mom is in the house... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

If this shyte goes down I hope it turns into a chainssaw massacre revenge plot.  :  |

or that the bear has a twisted Monobear personallity...

Her father looks like a pervert and her mother looks like smoking some weird stuff xD

And my guess: She's adopted and doesn't want to live with her weird family anymore.

Clueless virgin main character you'd better shape up.. anything goes... bite of his nose or ear.. stab his eyes.. kick him in his nuts.. and finally throw him out the window!!!

I feel sick...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics