Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

discuss the latest chapter

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

raisane

raisane

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
well discuss the latest chapter, how do you guys think this manga will develop?

Kelohmello

Kelohmello

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Seems interesting. I honestly for a moment expected the author to deviate from the norm and make a more moe or comedy based manga. That was just based slightly off what I read about it prior to actually reading it. It's more or less what I expect from him though and I'm glad he's not trying to do something different.

Edited by Kelohmello, 07 April 2012 - 06:05 AM.

t0eknee

t0eknee

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I really excited to find out what is going to happen. I think this manga is going to be slow pace so I hope I'm wrong.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Given this author I'd expect it to be dark and unpredictable, really can't wait to see more.

Tn7HA0h.png

Aereus

Aereus

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 92 posts
I hope it's something a bit different/more serious at least. There's more than enough fluff GB titles that tread the same tropes. Ch2 treading some of those tropes, but I'll give him a pass atm since it still helps establish the MC's character as an honest "pure" person, etc.

One thing I thought that was silly though was asking where the bathroom was. Japanese houses are not very large, and rather uniform in layout. It should be trivially easy to walk down the hallway and figure out where the bathroom is.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I hope it's something a bit different/more serious at least. There's more than enough fluff GB titles that tread the same tropes. Ch2 treading some of those tropes, but I'll give him a pass atm since it still helps establish the MC's character as an honest "pure" person, etc.

One thing I thought that was silly though was asking where the bathroom was. Japanese houses are not very large, and rather uniform in layout. It should be trivially easy to walk down the hallway and figure out where the bathroom is.

I think given the author "fluff" shouldn't be a problem (thankfully). I'm the same way, many titles that start the way this one has (gender switch, body switch, you name it) end up being pretty light weight affairs that I usually don't follow.
given this mangaka's previous works I'm guessing the real question is just what twisted path he's fixing to take us down is more likely, and it's probably not going to be anything light weight or funny at all. Yaaaayyyyy!!

Tn7HA0h.png

Aereus

Aereus

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 92 posts
If it does stay away from the fluff for the most part, I imagined it might be two things: "Grass isn't greener" where he finds out all the troubles she has in her life. Or a slightly more optimistic one where they're body swapped and the new perspective on the situations helps them "mend" troubles in the others' life.

A more ironically twisted route might be: He's in Mari sometime in the past, and the Mari he met in the convenience store every week was actually "him" etc. Although that seems less likely, if for no other reason than Ch2 establishes that she enjoys reading manga herself apparently.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Good chapter, I lke the realistic take on the unrealistic situation. "where do I sit again?" Really can't wait to see where we're going to go from here.

Tn7HA0h.png

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
Personally, I didn't like that possessiveness he was showing while he was walking. I hate the idolizing male characters make for female characters.

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over
So awkward... >.<. ....

tumblr_mespwcUZxx1rxs3wso1_400.gif

Manga Recommendation: 21/04/14

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

So awkward... >.<. ....

Ehh, it's just started, it's got potential ;D

Tn7HA0h.png

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over

Ehh, it's just started, it's got potential ;D

I know. The realistic angle is throwing me off my balance tho. @.@ After all the new ones...
-is a gender bender veteran-

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I know. The realistic angle is throwing me off my balance tho. @.@ After all the new ones...
-is a gender bender veteran-

I know exactly where you're coming from, this manga isn't anything like what I would expect from this genre ( magical body switches) but this mangaka has a strange turn of mind so.....I'm gonna watch and see what weirdness happens!! ;P

Tn7HA0h.png

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over

I know exactly where you're coming from, this manga isn't anything like what I would expect from this genre ( magical body switches) but this mangaka has a strange turn of mind so.....I'm gonna watch and see what weirdness happens!! ;P

I read your earlier post. D8 It scares me! xD
; . ; I need moar Izumo...

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I read your earlier post. D8 It scares me! xD
; . ; I need moar Izumo...

Hahaha!! Don't be scared, that's part of the fun!!! 8D

Tn7HA0h.png

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over

Hahaha!! Don't be scared, that's part of the fun!!! 8D

How probable do you think Aereus's prediction is?
It would be totally new (as I haven't read of a GB that has that plot before.)

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

How probable do you think Aereus's prediction is?
It would be totally new (as I haven't read of a GB that has that plot before.)

Ahhhh, man,,, Imao....this author has a strange, dark turn of mind. He touched on this topic in his work Yuutaii Nova (not a swap) this isn't a spoiler, it's in the description: out of body ability...dark, very dark. His other work is ongoing (that I know), Aku no Hana, almost defies description,,,phsychologically dark and twisted, it's like watching two trains hurtling towards each other. I mean you can't look away, but....

"Grass isn't greener",,,,a positive self realization experience....geez, I don't know, maybe those themes will be able to be seen in it, but whatever else happens I'm guessing it's going to be very different from most anything, not just the GB genre. Something new in GB? I think this'll easy meet that, but I just can't imagine "fluffy" or (very) upbeat. Me, I'm not looking away, I expect it to be really good.

Tn7HA0h.png

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over

Ahhhh, man,,, Imao....this author has a strange, dark turn of mind. He touched on this topic in his work Yuutaii Nova (not a swap) this isn't a spoiler, it's in the description: out of body ability...dark, very dark. His other work is ongoing (that I know), Aku no Hana, almost defies description,,,phsychologically dark and twisted, it's like watching two trains hurtling towards each other. I mean you can't look away, but.... "Grass isn't greener",,,,a positive self realization experience....geez, I don't know, maybe those themes will be able to be seen in it, but whatever else happens I'm guessing it's going to be very different from most anything, not just the GB genre. Something new in GB? I think this'll easy meet that, but I just can't imagine "fluffy" or (very) upbeat. Me, I'm not looking away, I expect it to be really good.

Awwh man, I just went to google Aku no Hana and figured I wouldn't like it. I hope this manga doesn't turn that twisted.
It's not so much about feeling queesy or disgusted by the mangaka's themes but rather something of an overflow of something I'm very familiar with and don't need more of, especially in manga.

I read these things to be happy! :(

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

Aereus

Aereus

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 92 posts
Wow I just read through that Yuutai Nova manga. Yeah.... that was certainly ... something 0_o;; Especially those omake pages talking about himself as a manga-ka...
I hope he's better now. Don't need to read about another suicide like the author of MM!...

I think I should find his Twitter and leave him a comment of encouragement lol!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Yeah, he's having success right now apparently though, Aku no Hana I understand has a schedule for release on vol 6 tankobon and is still in monthly syndication and now this new one.

Tn7HA0h.png