Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 252votes)

Skip Beat!

Alt Names: alt !اسکیپ بیتalt 下一站巨星alt スキップ・ビート!alt 華麗的挑戰alt 스킵 비트!alt Skip Beatalt Не Сдавайся!
Author: Nakamura Yoshiki
Artist: Nakamura Yoshiki
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kyoko Mogami is the childhood friend of superstar Sho Fuwa. Kyoko was so mindlessly in love with Sho that she followed him to the city on his quest to become a famous singer. But she soon realizes Sho was only using her as his personal maid to take care of household chores and pay for rent. Heart-broken, Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!

A funny and entertaining romance story of a "diamond in the rough" trying to find her place in showbiz, and the mysterious pasts of the people around her.

====== NOTICE =======
We have been requested not to host this by Hakusensha. Please do not upload.
====== NOTICE =======
Go to Skip Beat! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window hoihei
  • 102 Replies
Topic Kickstarter for Skip Beat! anime US release! New Window Garlyle
  • 0 Replies
Topic percheeeeeeeeeeeé?? New Window Sasy_
  • 0 Replies
Topic I just finished the anime New Window Amorte
  • 3 Replies
Topic Favorite character in Skip Beat! New Window bumblebee310
  • 19 Replies
Topic Skip Beat! deutsch New Window harnomf
  • 3 Replies

513 Comments

Two chapters in a day? Too intense for my heart, my eyes are all teary T_T

Huh, that was way easier to read.

I know it's not going to happen but I hope Shou sees Kyouko crying in front of Ren and Ren consoling her and realizes that there is no space between them for him to come in and also that she has moved on for good and he doesn't stand a chance with her now.

Shou completely discarded, Ren swooping in at her greatest moment of need, absolutely perfect.

"Cooooorn---!"
*A wild Ren appeared!*

Kyoko's expression literally melted when she saw him... I shed a tear.

...And then another tear cause of the cliffhanger.

Cant wait for the next chapter   OTL

Let me just... Take a deep breath and try to process that last chapter....

Bloody hell that was intense...

ch.223 is also already out, ending promises greatness.

kyoko is one of those people that pushes all of her emotions deep down in a locked box, because of that you can say  her current self is just a facade  

Not a facade, exactly, just another side.

The side that doesn't acknowledge any of the bad things that have happened to her.

Although, she does regularly put on a facade in terms of hiding negative emotions she feels. However, the good things she thinks is not necessarily a lie.

Wow it's late. That was a clunky character dissection. :/

wow how can she stay so upbeat with a family like that...

yeah her mother can screw it. i mean even that douchebag guy  feels bad for the girl. 

kyoko is one of those people that pushes all of her emotions deep down in a locked box, because of that you can say  her current self is just a facade  

While it's nice to see Shou try to be less of a massive bag of ego and maybe improve as a person, I really, really, really don't want to see him get a second chance.

There's something to be said about guys who are willing to go straight over to a girl when she might be in emotional trouble. And then there's the guys who actually do.

wow how can she stay so upbeat with a family like that...

yeah her mother can screw it. i mean even that douchebag guy  feels bad for the girl. 

The president just shot down all the maybes about Kyoko's mom actually caring. Harsh.

Shou can keep showing he actually cares now, but he's still a douchebag. Still not enough development on his part to change that.

Never mind.....

ugh......that ending for chapter 222...I'm feeling negativity everywhere.

By the way, who was the president talking about? Is it that guy in that movie with BJ? The way the president is talking about him makes me think he's going to become a major player in this manga at some point (else it feels like a waste of bubbles). Had to reread that part because I was in a hurry to find out what happened with Saena; reading without comprehending. (like hearing but not listening). 

I feel so bad for Kyoko. 

She never had a mother, father, or even grandparents to fall back on. She had Sho's parents, who were kind to her but didn't particularly feel like 'parents' to her. She was so desperate to be loved, and so she put everything into loving Sho. And that relationship was toxic. 

Spoiler

ohhhh!!  I've been waiting for Shou to step it up and get a chance to help Kyoko and have it not be thrown back in his face.  It's fun watching him change slightly as a person.  I just want them both to be at a level where they can respect each other, maybe even be friendly.  

Damn. Ren looked extremely hot and cool in this chapter like YUMMY. And Kyoko... I just want to hug her. Ugh. I don't know what to expect with this newest developement. Not loving mommy Mogami atm.

Hmm.. I don't really read Shoujo but this series will be an exemption.

this manga never fails to reminding me how cool tsuruga ren is

@Ainole

Whenever I watch people forgive their parents for neglect so easily, I've always been fascinated by that. I realize it is a work of fiction so I pass it off as such but I realize that possibly one of the greatest reasons forgiveness is so easily given is because it is this neglect that led one down the path that is his/her present self. It's cheesy to say this but it cannot be denied as well that it is from Saena's callousness that has contributed to one of the most significant meetings in Kyoko's life: meeting Kuon. The first time they met was because Kyoko was trying to find a place to cry right? Well, anyway I would say that if there isn't a redemption, there will be an acceptance and moving on with life kind of thing. All this is speculation so I can't wait for the next chapter =)

Another point of view is that she (the mother) was making sure that nothing was mentioned about her instead. That or she really doesn't want any scandals hurting her or perhaps even Kyoko's career. Since asian societies view unwed and divorced mothers even more severally than some religions.

It will be interesting to see the next chapter whether Kyoko did see that or not and whether Mouko seen it. . . or perhaps even more interesting would be if Sho[u] seen it. Half the charm of this series is the sudden mood swings.

I wish Kyouko were treated better. If her mum took an 180° turn and suddenly cared about her, I would me happy because Kyouko is the nicest person ever and she deserves it. She always tries her best and from very far back in the story she did everything with care for her loved ones. It  is true that down the line she got trumped on by Sho and her mother. But that doesn't mean trying her hardest for them was bad. In fact I believe she just didn't put her trust in the good people.

The problem is even if deep down the mother cared for unforseen reasons - which in my opinion is extra unlikely - she still hurt Kyouko. Sho wronged her and made her snap, ok. But Saena never gave her an expectation from the start and she is supposed to be a freaking mother ! It's great if you find great friends and a lover along the way but if nobody showed you unconditional love in your childhood, how are you supposed to shape yourself ? And remember she already didn't have the dad card as fatherly love can also do just that.

Saena didn't try in any way to show affection to Kyouko. Even if in a twisted way she thought it would be better to raise her to be a strong woman, thoughening her or something, there is no possibility to raise a child doing nothing. Just ignoring it. There comes the "Un-Mom hate".

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics