Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 252votes)

Skip Beat!

Alt Names: alt !اسکیپ بیتalt 下一站巨星alt スキップ・ビート!alt 華麗的挑戰alt 스킵 비트!alt Skip Beatalt Не Сдавайся!
Author: Nakamura Yoshiki
Artist: Nakamura Yoshiki
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kyoko Mogami is the childhood friend of superstar Sho Fuwa. Kyoko was so mindlessly in love with Sho that she followed him to the city on his quest to become a famous singer. But she soon realizes Sho was only using her as his personal maid to take care of household chores and pay for rent. Heart-broken, Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!

A funny and entertaining romance story of a "diamond in the rough" trying to find her place in showbiz, and the mysterious pasts of the people around her.

====== NOTICE =======
We have been requested not to host this by Hakusensha. Please do not upload.
====== NOTICE =======
Go to Skip Beat! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window hoihei
  • 102 Replies
Topic Kickstarter for Skip Beat! anime US release! New Window Garlyle
  • 0 Replies
Topic percheeeeeeeeeeeé?? New Window Sasy_
  • 0 Replies
Topic I just finished the anime New Window Amorte
  • 3 Replies
Topic Favorite character in Skip Beat! New Window bumblebee310
  • 19 Replies
Topic Skip Beat! deutsch New Window harnomf
  • 3 Replies

513 Comments

so she will soon be learning swordsmanship to become a convincing ninja girl.

Here's hoping it will be a relatively accurate ninja portrayal and not modern confused garbage :P

you can only get more skilled portraying the authentic and not the BS ;)

love this story, though i wish it released quicker. may read from the beginning sometime again

Last chapter, last page, last frame: Nice-su!

Spoiler

I cackled so much. That's exactly what should have happened in the first place.

Last chapter, last page, last frame: Nice-su!

Spoiler

kickstarter for Skip Beats anime to get an official US release and its actually going well. Here is the link if you want to support it. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/85938147/skip-beat-official-north-american-release

mmmm kind of whatever since i don't watch dubs but I guess hooray for skip beat on its way to wider circulation

Terrific chapter. I'm really looking forward to this new arc. it should be a lot of fun. of course you'll probably have to read it on another site so...

The uploader can't read, apparently...

Seeing as Batoto actually pulled the entire damn series, not sure how many people will see this but there is a kickstarter for Skip Beats anime to get an official US release and its actually going well. Here is the link if you want to support it. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/85938147/skip-beat-official-north-american-release

Like when he took advantage of her feelings to get her to run away and be his maid while he became a star? Or when he ditched her once he got a hottie for a manager? Or perhaps when he has over and over interfered in her personal life just to stroke his own inflated ego? Yeeeaaaahhhhhh, what a good friend. I hope Shou gets herpes, crabs, lice, and hernia, with a pulled groin muscle. On the same day.

This comment is over 3 months old and yet I still think of it occasionally and laugh and nod along so kudos. Beautifully put!

"====== NOTICE =======
We have been requested not to host this by Hakusensha. Please do not upoad.
====== NOTICE ======="

Sigh... -_- That company is dumb. The sole reason I ever bought Skip Beat was because I ran into it online, read a few chapters, read it from start to what-was-then-finish, and did it again the next day. The day after I bought/ordered every volume I could get. All they're doing with this stupid DMCAing is guaranteeing they lose exposure.

Why not send an email to their marketing department and point out as much? They don't have this sort of valuable feedback and it's what they need to hear.

As previously posted, these bullshit DMCA's are not helping the series. Dragons Rioting was on the cusp of being a hot title. Then it was picked up for release and pulled. Instead of people being hyped for its eventual release, most people just forget that it ever existed and move onto the next thing.

This is especially bad for a series like skip beat which only releases a physical copy between 1-3 times a damn year. Unless you have a standing preorder, chances are you'll forget about this excellent but barely present series. It's ironic that these companies greed is actively hurting their bottom line.

"====== NOTICE =======
We have been requested not to host this by Hakusensha. Please do not upoad.
====== NOTICE ======="

Sigh... -_- That company is dumb. The sole reason I ever bought Skip Beat was because I ran into it online, read a few chapters, read it from start to what-was-then-finish, and did it again the next day. The day after I bought/ordered every volume I could get. All they're doing with this stupid DMCAing is guaranteeing they lose exposure.

totally forgot about this series, was gonna restart reading, left off at ch 220

But I see the chapters are missing, was it removed or was it never put up?

I like Shou here, though. And the way he go to Kyouko's make me want to ship them...

Spoiler

Ya gotta respect Shou for being a good friend.

Are we reading the same manga 'cause he's most definitely not a good friend.

Thanks Imperial and S2; I needed a good cry. XP

Like when he took advantage of her feelings to get her to run away and be his maid while he became a star? Or when he ditched her once he got a hottie for a manager? Or perhaps when he has over and over interfered in her personal life just to stroke his own inflated ego? Yeeeaaaahhhhhh, what a good friend. I hope Shou gets herpes, crabs, lice, and hernia, with a pulled groin muscle. On the same day.

Prediction: there's going to be some bs going around that she and Sho are dating because of "WHAT HE DID." There was a car passing by and everything. Okami also hinted it as well because she said that she shoulda asked them to come inside because they were celebrities and all... Darn paparazzi.

Hopefully this will be a trigger for her and Ren to finally confess their feelings for each other rather than put distance between themselves. Fingers crossed people!

Aaaaaagghhhh I got spoilered by a FB post of what Shou did but the end of that chapter made it all up ;A;

Cooooorrrrnnnnnn

Can't help but wonder if she really knows or not... :(

OMG. THAT WAS A TERRIBLE PLACE TO END THE CHAPTER! Nakamura Yoshiki... forever the master of cliffhangers.

(Thanks for the chapters Imperial and S2 Scans!)

The screaming everywhere when I read chap 223.
Spoiler
/cries

YEEEEEEEESS. thankfully "someone's" there 

Thank you S2S for 222 and Imperial Scans for 223. Appreciate it =D

Also, don't read below people, several posts of spoilers if you didn't read 223 yet. Do read it after though; some people have put an amusing spin to the ending of 223 

Yay, someone useful has arrived :D

Last two chapters were surprisingly refreshing. A lot and not much seemed to haooen at the same time but it was so intense.

Reading both of them at the same tme made it even more special.

Thank you for the chapters !

I know it's not going to happen but I hope Shou sees Kyouko crying in front of Ren and Ren consoling her and realizes that there is no space between them for him to come in and also that she has moved on for good and he doesn't stand a chance with her now.

I agree with the sentiment (I wish Sho would walk into the ocean and take 20 deep breaths of salt water), but I don't think that'll happen.

Just my speculation again, I don't have access to any raws, (my last speculation was damn close to my surprise).

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics