Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.07 - 147votes)

Accel World

Alt Names: alt Accell Worldalt Acel Worldalt 加速世界alt Axel Worldalt アクセルワールドalt アクセル・ワールドalt Ускоренный мир
Author: Kawahara Reki
Artist: Aigamo Hiroyuki
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: No matter what age it is, the "Bullied Child" will never disappear. The overweight, Middle School student, Haruyuki, was one such kid. The only time he could relax completely, was when he would play a squash game on the local network the school had set up. He loved playing this simple game as he can forget painful times while immersed in it.

It was fall. He was passing his time like this until one day, he had an encounter with the school's most beautiful, refined girl, "Black-Snow Princess"(Kuroyukihime), which changed his life abruptly. Introduced to the software she transmitted, Haruyuki learned about "Accel World." A program that enhances one's mind capabilities, with certain side-effects.

Spin-off:

> Accel World. (4koma)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/accel-world-r4048 )

> Accel World / Dural - Magisa Garden
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/accel-world-dural-magisa-garden-r8625 )
Go to Accel World Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Full story of the chapter 23 summary New Window Hexmage
  • 1 Replies
Topic What Color Are your Avatar will be? New Window Imnostrong
  • 13 Replies
Topic (Chapter 18-20 Spoiler) Who you think would win? New Window mrponeis
  • 0 Replies

188 Comments

I didn't read the LN and had no interest in the anime but I'm glad that the arc got condensed into one chapter after I read the summary in wikia. Don't really like how these kind of stories tend to add new power-ups and legendary items though. I doubt the author actually took these new concepts into account when he first started the series anyway so the latter half will be increasingly overpowered when the first half is so awkwardly tame in comparison. I mean, Kuroyukihime just pulled a bloody horse out of nowhere even though nothing of the sort was hinted so far. Maybe it's better explained in the novel but it just screams deus ex machina to me and I've no idea why le Hime must be there in the first place.

I hope the story doesn't keep pulling new stuff out of nowhere. The setting shouldn't change so much to accommodate the story.

So.....wrapped up one of the most annoyingly tedious arcs ever, in one chapter? The industry is changing. I love many aspects of the arc and am sad that they didn't refer to some, but if getting that means going through all the tedious teenage angst again, then this is much better. Just give the remainder the way it already is, cause those have some great moments, both action and fan service wise and are really important to overall plot.

So, that was like, an entire volume worth of what could have been an interesting storyline, just crammed into a single chapter as a flashback?

...odd choice.

It was odd, certainly, and I was WTFing a lot of the time, but I think, in retrospect, that it's a nice change of pace. Made me acutely aware of just how much of this standard drawn-out shounen fappery gets put out.

I honestly hated that arc...it's better off like this if you ask me, it was a nice surprise since I disliked the LN and anime arc.

gotta to agree on you this one haha XD

I think they did the right thing. I'm bored with storyline which we can see in anime already. Finally , We will be able to see anime's storyline's beyond.

So, that was like, an entire volume worth of what could have been an interesting storyline, just crammed into a single chapter as a flashback?

...odd choice.

Yeah seriously. It made me think the manga was getting axed.

...odd choice.

I honestly hated that arc...it's better off like this if you ask me, it was a nice surprise since I disliked the LN and anime arc.

...odd choice.

It sure is a long period of ten days..... This chapter rushing towards it doesn't help either.

But if you hate it, then good, the author intended it that way and it serves to  

Spoiler

Apparently

Spoiler

From what I have seen people should not think the crossover more than a fan service. Timeline is all over the place. At chapter 1 of AW is on a whole different year (2140) from the crossover that puts it in 2047. So that tells me that the author didn't really care for the years because it is just fan service and they don't really have any connection (AW and SAO)

Hm, it's been awhile.  I wonder where we are...
*peeks in at chapter 19 and sees SAO crossover*

...Okay, I might as well start at the beginning...

I really hate the arc that's about to begin. -.-

It sure is a long period of ten days..... This chapter rushing towards it doesn't help either.

But if you hate it, then good, the author intended it that way and it serves to  

Spoiler

From what it's said in the crossover manga, it looks more like SAO and AW are in parallel universes, different quantum realities (Star Trek, anyone?) although you could say a time leap is also possible between two quantum realities.

Apparently

Spoiler

they're in the same universe, SAO is just like 20 years earlier.  kirito might be the inventor of (or part of the team that invented) the Neuro-Link.

From what it's said in the crossover manga, it looks more like SAO and AW are in parallel universes, different quantum realities (Star Trek, anyone?) although you could say a time leap is also possible between two quantum realities.

I really hate the arc that's about to begin. -.-

Oh okay. It was odd to see random cross over though

they're in the same universe, SAO is just like 20 years earlier.  kirito might be the inventor of (or part of the team that invented) the Neuro-Link.

math are good

hmm don't think there was this part in the LN, pretty nice.

now, as we move on to the first fucked up part...dusk taker arc.

Why do a crossover manga where you start a several-page physical motion argument with yourself at the end? That's what internet forums are for :P

Well it wasn't random to be honest. If you are not aware the same author that wrote accel world wrote SAO as well. Also both of them are in a similar universe (if not the same) so it wasn't that wierd to see a crossover, and it was also mentioned in the last page of chapter 17. :)

well i knew about author thing, but just felt a bit odd lol

Well it wasn't random to be honest. If you are not aware the same author that wrote accel world wrote SAO as well. Also both of them are in a similar universe (if not the same) so it wasn't that wierd to see a crossover, and it was also mentioned in the last page of chapter 17. :)

Well...no since they where in the accel world volume 5 that I got. There is one more chapter with the crossover and from chapter 21 and onwards it goes back to the usual Accel World

wait shouldn't chapter 18 & 19 be put in a different area sincr its a cross over?

Well...no since they where in the accel world volume 5 that I got. There is one more chapter with the crossover and from chapter 21 and onwards it goes back to the usual Accel World

wait shouldn't chapter 18 & 19 be put in a different area sincr its a cross over?

Crossover between Accel World and SAO (Sword Art Online)

Just like the part/arc about Aqua Current, this current crossover 'arc' is called Versus, part of V10 of Accel World [Elements] which consists of 3 short arcs that happened here and there.

my mind.... it just feel... raped

Well while it is a good guess I don't know if it is true or not and I will explain why.

Kuroyukihime never mentioned her parents. The author made them as they were never there when she needed them. If you look back at her accident she didn't even bother putting them as contacts in case of emergency, not to mention that they didn't show up for at least the first day of the accident after they were informed from the school. So all that makes me believe that Kirito isn't her parent (of course that might only be a coincidence). I don't think the author of both of these mangas would want to show Kirito in such a bad way.

That was just a personal opinion but the real reason why I don't know if he is kuroyukihimes father is this : As you can see in chapter 18 the author says that the year for Kirito is 2026 while for silver crow is 2047. Now with that we can say that it is a very likely possibility that he is her father (which I hope not if you take under consideration my thoughts about her parents).

However if you go back to the first chapter of accel world (page 9) you will see that the author says that the year is 2140...with that it means that he couldn't be the father of Kuroyukihime. So I really don't know what to think of it. Maybe the author didn't intent to link them but change his mind or he just wanted to do a fan service with this crossover between mangas either way there you have it.

Regarding the years and such, I've heard that the author changed some of the years from the web novels to something else when they started being published into LNs. Although i don't remember much from my experience of lurking the animesuki sao forum the years thing is kinda iffy. But then again some people have posted similar theories about black lotus's family/bloodline etc. so its pretty plausible.

Still, don't take my word for it cuz my memory is bad E_E

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics