Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4 - 50votes)

5-ji kara 9-ji made

Alt Names: alt 5時から9時までalt 从5点到9点alt From 5 to 9alt From Five to Ninealt From Five to Nine (Aihara MIki)alt 朝5晚9
Author: Aihara Miki
Artist: Aihara Miki
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sakuraba Junko is turning 27 years old soon, but even so, she is without a boyfriend. But who cares?! Junko has a stable job as an English teacher and she is fine with spending her upcoming birthday alone. Well, until she is set up with on an omiai with a Buddhist monk... which, of course, she rejects. But then he shows up at her school where he has enrolled in private lessons... what will become of our Junko-sensei?
Go to 5-ji kara 9-ji made Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Really like Sex and the city?!? New Window Maryonmekishiko
  • 2 Replies

77 Comments

Wow... He sounds completely crazy! :^ ))))

Edit: They both do! :^ )))))))))

The only guy that is even the least bit tolerable is the crossdresser! And he's probably going to end up with Imouto on the rebound!

Mishima. USE YOUR WORDS DUMBASS. Is it really that hard?

You know what, I don't even remember why that monk is so into her(not about to reread it). Whatever, just hurry up and lock her up again like we all know you're gonna do.

Also, I ship Underage Playboy and Gold Digger only because they either 1) somehow rehabilitate each other and become an awesome couple, 2) or they go to war and Hachiya wins. The reason he wins is because he has more leverage. Either way, it could get crazy.

OMG!!! NECESITO MÁS Y MÁS CAPITULOS, ME ENCANTA ESTE MANGA, LA FORMA DE VER LAS COSAS DESDE LAS PERSPECTIVAS DE LOS PERSONAJES…LO MEJOR!!!!

Is it terrible that I love reading the comments on this manga for all the bad ends we come up with for everyone?

Everything that SoaRin said.

-- I refuse to believe Jimmy Choo's she's only worn three times broke like that. What a lie. 

i can understand why others dislike it.....  

i have an unfortunate weakness for possessive/yandere males in manga, so this is actually up my alley.

Oho, slutty receptionist meets slutty high school student. It's a match made in hell but absolutely perfect. They deserve each other. 

If she ends up with the monk and gives up on her dreams... Which is what is totally going to happen... I hope that at least after two years of marriage, she'll divorce him and go live abroad, chasing her dreams. Because, really, this manga is so annoying. As if a woman, no matter how capable, is only good for children and housework. Yeah, right.

My own twist:

She divorces him, goes to New York, finds work she loves and no stable relationship.

After the divorce, the monk finds consolation in that other temple boy.

Mishima continues to do his Mishima thing.

That annoying 22 years old I-forgot-her-name gets pregnant with some plain guys' child and ends up having a really mediocre life.

Her sister and Yuki can get together for all I care.

Arthur-sensei and Momoe-sensei get their own manga.

M.O.R.E.!!!!!!!

<3

awww...I can't take it anymore! I want to see what's coming next! >.<

Keep up the good job please!!!

aaah i want moreeee, i loveee this<3

Ugh, the little sister has terrible taste. Hopefully somehow in the end she's the one that'll end up with the Monk and Mr Playboy can just go on being indiscreet on his own until one day he wakes up and realizes he's in love with his cross dressing best friend. Yeah. That'd be great.

If this ends anything like Hot Gimmick,
Spoiler

I used to think Aihara's work was like a parody of shoujo tropes or some kind of subversion, then I realized she was playing it straight. Somehow, I just can't look away from the giant messes these people create when they interact with each other. I love Aihara's work for the trainwrecks they are.

Mashima makes his move. 

tumblr_m4hnefXuQh1qmiigzo1_250.gif

This story pisses me off. I was hoping for romance at first, but now I just wish that everyone would just go their separate ways, and never interact ever again. Most of all, I hope that chick eventually goes to Manhattan, so she can't stop complaining about her reaching her dreams, falls in love, and lives a very long, mundane life as a housewife. I hope the monk finds a nice girl that can ease him into rehabilitating himself.

Good going Momoe good-job-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Oh god yes, more Arthur and Momoe! I love these two so much. Stay strong Momoe, stay blind, Arthur!

So...why is the title called "From 5 to 9"?

At a guess, it's a reversal of "9-to-5", as in working hours. So it probably refers to the time when the main character or whoever isn't working. Free time, essentially.

Chinese Translator needed for this project

Hey we finally found a translator we are just in need of a cleaner.

Chinese Translator needed for this project
So...why is the title called "From 5 to 9"?
Oh, Aihara Miki -sensei, how you always manage to screw things up for me. Her stories always have such interesting plotlines in the beginning and then the characters just get to be too much. I don't know if it's just me but they almost always seem like children to me, no matter how mature they're actually supposed to be, completely swayed by their feelings of the moment, insecure, illogical and usually fairly unlikable (not that children are unlikable, by default at least ;]). Not to mention, the amount of chauvinism displayed by characters of both genders is just astounding.
I think I liked this manga at first... Don't ask me why. Could someone please treat the girls like they're people? It's kind of sad that the best guy of the bunch is the cross-dresser.
OMG that was Shigure from Hot gimmick @ v2c9!!! :D
It's got a lot of real twisted feelings in it.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics