Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 71votes)

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Alt Names: alt Archenemy and Heroalt まおゆう魔王勇者alt จอมมารนักเศรษฐศาสตร์กับผู้กล้าบ้าพลังalt 魔王勇者alt Maoyū Maou Yūsha
Author: Touno Mamare
Artist: Asami You
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance Romance
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After a long and treacherous journey, Yuusha finally arrives at the Maou’s castle only to find himself being asked for help. Yuusha explains how the war that the demons have brought upon the humans have killed thousands and put more in misery. Maou however argues that this war has allowed humans to band together as one resulting in increased population, increased production, a boosted economy, and an improved society overall. Furthermore, she explains to Yuusha that ending this war will result in a civil war that will produce more bloodshed than there ever was. Yuusha, convinced that the only way to bring peace, relatively speaking, is to join forces with Maou, agrees to help her.

One of five simultaneous serializations of the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha series.

adaptation of the light novel series written by Touno Mamare

Alternate Stories:

> Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be mine, Hero" "I refuse!"
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-be-mine-hero-i-refuse-r643)

> Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - Other Side of the Hill
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-other-side-of-the-hill-r3113)

> Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Gaiden - Madoromi no Onna Mahou Tsukai
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-gaiden-madoromi-no-onna-mahou-tsukai-r5404)

- Maoyuu 4-Koma: You're Horrible, Maou-sama!
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-4-koma-youre-horrible-maou-sama-r2234)

- The Demon Queen Weight Loss Plan
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/the-demon-queen-weight-loss-plan-r4776)
Go to Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic This version feels more seinen, and not a chibi in sight. New Window Pax Empyrean
  • 10 Replies
Topic Why not do a full translation of this comic? New Window truepurple
  • 16 Replies

134 Comments

Or you dimwits could just think for yourself, accept the way it's translated and move on. There's nothing wrong with how it has been done, it makes sense. I'd rather have the japanese names for things instead of corny english shit.
This is a great manga, but the translation is painful to read, should have followed a more literal translation on the character's names, in order to keep the original meaning. In japanese, his name is Yuusha and he is a Yuusha, in english, if you say Yuusha, that's his name only, if you say Hero, then his name is Hero and he is a Hero. Doing it like this reeks of weabooism, as somebody else said.
The names confuse me sometimes
It's a bit awkward to read text that intersperses Japanese with English, but I think you made the right decision overall hahah.

Internet Random Purunporoppe approves. (*´・v・)
Nice translation except that they put the original japanese name and the translated name in one bubble. Just translate it all to english, janglish sounds like shit.

I think I like the official series just because the shounen art style seems to fit the theme of this story than the more seinen art style of this version.

*I would say this is more shounen just because it's very RPG in it's characters

Have you seen the official artwork/illustrations for the Maoyuu novels (which are pretty much the original source material)? The illustrations are by toi8. In my opinion, they are quite not-shounen. I have nothing against your opinion here, but I would just like to comment that perhaps you are biased in your views of how the story should be depicted art-wise due to being exposed to a certain style first.
I personally prefer the art *and the random moe from demon queen and female knight* of the official series (which to clarify, is the "be mine hero, i refuse version), but this version adds a little more detail to all the plot points. Slightly different perspective is nice. I think I like the official series just because the shounen art style seems to fit the theme of this story than the more seinen art style of this version.

*I would say this is more shounen just because it's very RPG in it's characters, but it's undoubtedly seinen in content, I enjoy reading all the "issues" the demon queen solves with her intellect.*
A great manga and a great job done by the translator. Keep it up.
And stating that obvious thing, is not giving a reason for ...
Linksys, we all know that, it is obvious. You aren't saying anything significant by stating such a obvious thing.

Scantlators, please use more literal translatations. If Yuusha means hero, please say hero. Its especially vexing when you are not talking about the name but the attribute.

Not to burst your bubble, but the Japanese experience this kind of "vexation" you are referring to when reading it in Japanese as well. His name is Yuusha. He is also the Yuusha. There is no "Yuusha v. the Yuusha" distinction in the Japanese. You are supposed to figure it out on your own by gleaning it from the usage in sentences. I even made it easier for you by adding a "the".

This is my justification for why I have done things the way I have done them. You may not agree, but now you know.
Scantlators, please use more literal translatations. If Yuusha means hero, please say hero. Its especially vexing when you are not talking about the name but the attribute.
Isn't this one, the "official" version?
This version is too beautiful. I think this version is better than the official version.

Dear lord, all these translator notes and general weabooism are getting annoying.

Nobody's forcing you to read them, you know. I was specifically requested by several people to have the extensive notes that I do. I am clearly not doing them for people like you.
Dear lord, all these translator notes and general weabooism are getting annoying.
I want this story become anime.
I feel that this version better establishes the universe as opposed to the other version. Also the art style is clearer while retaining detail.
Not sure which artistic style I prefer, though from a sheer translation perspective I wouldn't mind if the title names were brought through as well. I.E. Yuusha being fully translated to Hero throughout. Perhaps simply for the sake of symmetry. Once the different variations of the work are all caught up to one another I'll probably be in a better place to say which I like best.
HEEY EVERYONE, THERE'S A BIG SHIT HEAD NAMED ZEVN WHO'S A ASSHOLE.

EVERYONE EXPRESS CONTEMPT FOR HIM
That's ridiculous. The source material happens to have reach its conclusion, and to capitalize on the popularity, all the publisher that have licensed the rights to adapt called on artists to do so. Ishida Akira is an established artist with several serializations while Touge Hiro is a well-known doujin/adult artist that gets contracted to do adaptations sometimes. To say they are unable to come up with their own story is down right disrespectful. While Enterbrain, the publisher of the novel found a contract artist who's styles most resembles the original artist who illustrated the novel

its for the same reason that we have so many papakiki series and somany adaptions for the same visual novel
because none of these mangaka (the artists?) can and/or want to really come up with a story from scratch on their own

yeah, that's CLEARLY it. you are brilliant.

(you are wrong and bad)
@Zevm
its for the same reason that we have so many papakiki series and somany adaptions for the same visual novel
because none of these mangaka (the artists?) can and/or want to really come up with a story from scratch on their own
I really like the way Maou is drawn in this version. She still has ridiculously large breasts, which we have to overlook, but overall, she has a more 'relaxed' air about her. It makes her seem more capable and intelligent. It's probably the eyes.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics