Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 71votes)

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Alt Names: alt Archenemy and Heroalt まおゆう魔王勇者alt จอมมารนักเศรษฐศาสตร์กับผู้กล้าบ้าพลังalt 魔王勇者alt Maoyū Maou Yūsha
Author: Touno Mamare
Artist: Asami You
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance Romance
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After a long and treacherous journey, Yuusha finally arrives at the Maou’s castle only to find himself being asked for help. Yuusha explains how the war that the demons have brought upon the humans have killed thousands and put more in misery. Maou however argues that this war has allowed humans to band together as one resulting in increased population, increased production, a boosted economy, and an improved society overall. Furthermore, she explains to Yuusha that ending this war will result in a civil war that will produce more bloodshed than there ever was. Yuusha, convinced that the only way to bring peace, relatively speaking, is to join forces with Maou, agrees to help her.

One of five simultaneous serializations of the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha series.

adaptation of the light novel series written by Touno Mamare

Alternate Stories:

> Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be mine, Hero" "I refuse!"
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-be-mine-hero-i-refuse-r643)

> Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - Other Side of the Hill
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-other-side-of-the-hill-r3113)

> Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Gaiden - Madoromi no Onna Mahou Tsukai
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-gaiden-madoromi-no-onna-mahou-tsukai-r5404)

- Maoyuu 4-Koma: You're Horrible, Maou-sama!
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/maoyuu-4-koma-youre-horrible-maou-sama-r2234)

- The Demon Queen Weight Loss Plan
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/the-demon-queen-weight-loss-plan-r4776)
Go to Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic This version feels more seinen, and not a chibi in sight. New Window Pax Empyrean
  • 10 Replies
Topic Why not do a full translation of this comic? New Window truepurple
  • 16 Replies

134 Comments

I'm good on the translation, but you can find Old English in Shakespearean plays? I always figured that it was written in modern English, early modern, but still modern. anyway, I'm rambling here. Maou's flustered looks make me a bit giddy.

Shakespeare is Middle English, if you want to get all technical about it.

And other than the semi-translated names in the early chapters I don't see what problems anyone could have with the translation. It's one of the few scanlations without any obvious language errors.

The translation is fine, people are just being immature about the language structure.  These are the same kind of people who would complain about the use of Old English in a Shakespearean play.

I'm good on the translation, but you can find Old English in Shakespearean plays? I always figured that it was written in modern English, early modern, but still modern. anyway, I'm rambling here. Maou's flustered looks make me a bit giddy.

Also:

Spoiler

The translation is fine, people are just being immature about the language structure.  These are the same kind of people who would complain about the use of Old English in a Shakespearean play. 

hmm i see nothing wrong with the english, the manner in which they speak english is just not 20th century casual , but in terms of objective english in meanings/sentence structure thiers absolutely nothing wrong with it, was the english structure used to mimic a diffrent era, or the intention of the author?

I could venture that it sound more like im listening to some aristocrat in the middle ages then some guy in  new york 2013 or something, of course thats merely conjecture on my part, as i do not know the actual intentions of the author.

I can't say whether the translation is bad or good, because I do not speak or read japanese.

However, it's pretty undeniable that the wording of the translation is awkward as hell. You guys could probably use an editor or two, to try to preserve meaning without going so literal the phrasing starts resembling a google translation.

nice sarcasm legowaffles.

@horn: trust me. We take criticism very well.

Sadly, our translation style was actually pretty damn awesome that some fans liked it, while of course the other end of the spectrum couldn't stomach it. 

t could be worth at least looking into a little bit to see if there's anything that can be done in the line of improvement

What sort of 'improvement'? We are not exactly doing anything that can be improved, because it's a translation style. Just as different authors have different styles of writing, we are but trying to bring it out. E.g. Meido Chou (which iirc the 1st time each of those names come out we've also explained what they are) = Chief Maid, but while it can be translated as such, have you considered why the author chose to 'name' the character as her position?

In fact, I'd prefer this version, because most other translations out there have a tendency to actually omit emphasis that authors put in their works. What you people are not complaining about, are actually things that you HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT. because they are not shown to you. 

As far as I'm concerned, what leechers should be appreciating is the work translators bring to you by translating (and retaining the work of the author), hence allowing you to enjoy the work done by the author. This translation style is both loved and hated because it allows you to see what the author actually intended, instead of making up text (which many translators actually do to some extent. Myself included.) Remember, you are not reading a work by the translator. You are reading a work by the author, the translator merely went the extra mile to allow you to understand and enjoy it.

Also, such a translation is already much better than inaccurate translations or shoddy english that some other scanlations have. 

Just to add on one last part, most translators actually tend to omit the double meaning of words in furigana vs kanji. simply from another project of VI's, Element Spirit World <Astral Zero> (Kanji <Furi>) and Divine Essence <Kamui> for those who happen to read this manga as well. Sometimes, these are important, while sometimes, they are not. But really, which would you prefer? In the end, it boils down to a matter of preference, which makes most of the criticisms made here invalid.

Thus, they can only be called haters. Haters be hating, after all.

@MasterAim:

Sorry, I forgot to reply to you long ago. It's actually also due to us being slow. The raws are for this serialization is actually up to chapter 20+

Honestly, who do leechers think they are these days, demanding and criticizing the work of others. Are they professional critics? Are they paid scanlation pundits? Are they the omniscient god of all that is manga whose words are truer than truth and more righteous than holy deities?

Honestly, I don't know about the other leechers, but I personally, am an Omnicient God of All That is Manga whose words are truer than truth and more righteous than holy deities. I've got two side jobs as well, one as a professional critic. The other as a paid scanlation pundit.

I demand more manga/manwha/webtoons immediately! You scanlaters get no rest till my demands are met!

Honestly though, thank you to the people with the skills, and willingness, necessary to bring Manga, Manwha, and Webtoons to those of us who otherwise would not get to enjoy them!

Honestly, who do leechers think they are these days, demanding and criticizing the work of others. Are they professional critics? Are they paid scanlation pundits? Are they the omniscient god of all that is manga whose words are truer than truth and more righteous than holy deities?

If you're hungry and someone gives you food, should you complain? No.

If you want to read a manga and someone translates it for you, should you complain? No.

Let's eat the food someone gave us when we were hungry, call it "shitty", and then come back for seconds, thirds, and beyond.

Let's read the manga someone gave us when we wanted to read it, call it "shitty", and then come back for seconds, thirds, and beyond.

It's OK to discuss what should or ought to have been. Those are opinions, and opinions are fine. But never, ever, EVER, stomp on someone else's work that was given free of charge to you.

The only people who can criticize others are those who are in the same position. And all I'm seeing is leech, leech, leech.

Well, I'm glad that contract exchange went well.

Just a tiny, humble little observation...

Considering how there is a fair amount of people with opinions on these translations, compared to other scan teams and series, then maybe, just maybe, it could be worth at least looking into a little bit to see if there's anything that can be done in the line of improvement, instead of swatting away all criticism like flies and adapting the stubborn "we do what we want" attitude.

... readers who are retarded thinking the former sort of translation is shit ...

If this is how well you handle criticism, then you should not be a translator.

Terrible translation, terrible, terrible terrible.

I was silling to let it slide but I can't anymore. You suck at translating and should be banned for life from ever holding a japanese-enlgish dictionanry in your hands.

Damn this is a terrible translation.

Are you saying you can do better? So why won't you? Too hard a job?

I was going to use STFU clause but I will simply note that you are being fucking rude. Respectfully.

henceforth this series shall not have 'terrible' translations and pointless translation of wordy end pages that no one gives a damn about.

enjoy, both readers that have enjoyed this the way we have, as well as readers who are retarded thinking the former sort of translation is shit (because as a tl-er myself I've seen actual crappy/made up translations)

It will continue the way ZeroDC/Tsukimoto (new tl-er) deems it to, as me and Linksys wash our hands off it for various reasons.

o_o wait wuuuuuuuuuut. I liked your guys' translations better D: well, thank you both for your previous work and good luck in future endeavors, I for one will miss you!

"After drying, it keeps excellently." Wha?

keeps is an older term for store, it means that once the maize (corn) is dried, it can be in storage (kept) for a long time.  It's not unheard of for certain bags of kernel to sit forgotten for a decade and still be edible after processing (cooking).  In an arid area, food storage was a serious problem before refrigeration.  Preserved fruits would last, but it lacks the sustenance in term fullness and calorie.  

Putting it in modern perspective.  It's like someone giving NASA the tech to feed a colony in space at 1/10 of the cost and the benefit the resulting infrastructures required to use produce this tech. 

In term of the manga, New awesome techs (where the Shrewd Merchant got caught up on) was introduced, but Crimson Scholar is selling what's after the tech.  So for the corn example, it's what happens after the introduction of the corn that Young Merchant realized and what she was trying to "sell", the compass was merely to "show them the way".

eugh ...

the merchant side is seriously creepy in this version ...

it's more "real" tough ...

in my country there's few "merchant" which might do BAD thing to win whatever they want ...

(to make my story short ... in the end, they crushing and killing each other)

"After drying, it keeps excellently." Wha?

henceforth this series shall not have 'terrible' translations and pointless translation of wordy end pages that no one gives a damn about.

enjoy, both readers that have enjoyed this the way we have, as well as readers who are retarded thinking the former sort of translation is shit (because as a tl-er myself I've seen actual crappy/made up translations)

It will continue the way ZeroDC/Tsukimoto (new tl-er) deems it to, as me and Linksys wash our hands off it for various reasons.

I was silling to let it slide but I can't anymore. You suck at translating and should be banned for life from ever holding a japanese-enlgish dictionanry in your hands.

Terrible spelling, terrible, terrible terrible.

I was willing to let is slide but I can't anymore. You suck at spelling and should be banned for life from ever holding a english dictionary in your hands.

Damn this is terrible spelling.

Much, much better now.

Man, the art is top-tier in this manga. It hardly gets chapters so I always forget than and then end up reminded of that fact. Definitely the best in terms of art of the different adaptations.

Huh, forget this version existed.

I like the art best in this version 

Got to admit that I prefer this version on Maou-sama, but Id still wait and see how Dragon princess looks... she was really nice in Ishida's version of manga, imho

I like the art best in this version 

I'm halfway through the first chapter and I give up. Seriously, who talks this way? The Japanese? English-speakers? No, only bad translators do. Stiff language, awkward phrases and random foreign words are the opposite of accuracy. The original doesn't have them.

The original is actually a series of posts on 2ch that have been made into a web novel series before becoming an full fledged light novel series with the backing of Enterbrain.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics