Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 928votes)

Tokyo Ghoul

Alt Names: alt トーキョーグールalt Tokyo Kushualt 東京喰種alt طوكيو غول
Author: Ishida Sui
Artist: Ishida Sui
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Strange murders are happening in Tokyo. Due to liquid evidence at the scene, the police conclude the attacks are the results of 'eater' type ghouls. College buddies Kaneki and Hide come up with the idea that ghouls are imitating humans so that's why they haven't ever seen one. Little did they know that their theory may very well become reality.

Other serializations of Tokyo Ghoul:
> Tokyo Ghoul (oneshot)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tokyo-ghoul-oneshot-r13555
> Tokyo Ghoul Jack (spin-off)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tokyo-ghoul-jack-r13107
> Tokyo Ghoul:re (sequel)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tokyo-ghoulre-r13502
Go to Tokyo Ghoul Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Wtf? New Window Sofgonz7
  • 2 Replies
Topic Loading Error? New Window TaichoBeardo
  • 1 Replies
Topic Duplicate Chapters? New Window OakenWing
  • 1 Replies
Topic Help New Window Kaneki6103
  • 2 Replies
Topic Chapter 144? New Window zitronen
  • 1 Replies
Topic Can find chapters. New Window wtbrokofsky
  • 2 Replies

3003 Comments

Big thanks Twisted Hel and Pinoymanga scans for bring this back again.
its getting better :D
Ooh updates!

Posted Image
Somebody picked this up. I'm so happy i could eat someone.
I should learn Spanish
oh Jesus now the Spanish version is ahead of the English version
Oh man this is interesting
this series is pretty amazing. I'll await expectantly the future of this series....plz no get axed
There will also be a reason behind their murder aswell.. ,_,
Posted Image
Well, I'd like to imagine there's some sort of meaning behind LA's name. (Unfortunately...)
Lazy Ass scans !! Posted Image
You're beeing too slow..
Spoiler
It's surprisingly amazing :D anything like this?
Seems interesting, I hope to see more.
wow this is good its got a deep story which draws you in, cant wait for the next chapter
@2snobal One can be in denial for a pretty long time - if that denial doesn't directly conflict with necessary bodily function. You can deny that you're sick to your stomach a good bit but if you've got food poisoning - it's all going to come up eventually, whether you're in denial about it or not. You can drink a gallon of water and then tell yourself you don't need to use the bathroom all you like - but you'd best be wearing rubber pants.

Most people would have enough sense to get themselves to a bathroom in either of those scenerios. While the MC - seems to have decided to do a marathon session on the ferris wheel. It is most certainly not logical.
This is very realistic the way humans cross over from one race to another, especially if it's forced or so sudden. We should give some props to the author and we should try to understand the depth of this plot.
Basically someone is using the MC as an experiment to see how he will adapt to the new environment, so there's allot of mystery and psychological discovery to be revealed in this manga,

Looking forward to it.
@Oubliette Most people would react the same way. Denial at this point is a logical direction for him to go in, but sooner or later he'll realize how much of an idiot he's been. By then it'll be too late and he'll be forced to fend for himself.
I think I'm with FakeHero on this one. The MC needs to learn to stop isolating himself from the people who are (or even would) try to help him. He's not doing himself any favors insulting the only people who've tried to help him so far.

It just makes him look like a an idiot and jerk.

He'd better shape up right quick or he'll quickly become more irritating than entertaining.
At least he's finally met someone who might be in the same situation but is more experienced. Hopefully he'll be able to adapt. And yea it would definitely suck if you suddenly can't eat human food >.<. Our food is just too good Posted Image, but I guess it only tastes good to us so he should be okay as long as he gets used to eating meat.

Thanks for the update!
@FakeHero: Actually, the main character's angst is pretty understandable and realistic. One day, he was a totally normal person. Then suddenly he's nearly eaten by a ghoul, only to become one instead. He's not human anymore, nor is he a ghoul—he's neither and both, at the same time. Now he can't stomach anything he used to eat or drink as a human except coffee, and unfortunately, you need more than coffee to live, which means to live, he has to eat human flesh, making him a cannibal. Not only that, his friends are now potential food.

If you suddenly couldn't eat anything but coffee or human flesh, you'd probably act the same way realistically. Only in fiction can people shrug off their sudden inhuman state of being and then go on a killing spree to feed themselves. (Unless they're already a legitimate psychopath and/or serial killer.)
ah ment to say "but i'm sure that romance"
@Chompeh, was sarcastic with that part, but i'm romance will be a part of it in the future :P

also the coffee girl is hot, at least that is what they said in the shop before turning in a ghoul. and suddenly they have to work together :D
@FakeHero ; in total agreement with you,
Spoiler
I give the MC a couple more chapters to grow some balls before I´ve had enough of all the egocentric angst and pussiness he exude.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics