Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 287votes)

Natsu no Zenjitsu

Alt Names: alt 夏の前日alt 夏之前日alt 夏日前夕alt El día antes del veranoalt Hari sebelum Musim Panasalt O Dia Antes do Verãoalt The Day Before Summeralt Yaz Arifesi
Author: Yoshida Motoi
Artist: Yoshida Motoi
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSmut Smut
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This is a story about two adults, a man and an older woman. They meet each other because of their own jobs and their relationship will develop from this point on. Will it develop smoothly? Or will there be unforeseen events?

Related:

> Mizu to Gin
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/mizu-to-gin-r3124 )
Go to Natsu no Zenjitsu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic which one should I read first? New Window Andrez-ssi
  • 0 Replies
Topic Worth Reading New Window Heeward
  • 11 Replies

661 Comments

my salty salty tears T___T goodbye natsu no zenjitsu

After re-reading Memories of February....For some reason, its looks like a summary of the whole story... well it ended with them being again... But then... I have Just read Mizu to Gin

Spoiler
...Uguuu

So one of the things i noticed with Mizu no GIn was in the first page it seems like the bear went on a date with an older office woman with hair like akira. It is going to make me sad but I think that might be her :(

Who doesn't like chocolate? Knew there was something wrong with tetsu. 

You have a good point there.

After re-reading Memories of February....For some reason, its looks like a summary of the whole story... well it ended with them being again...

But then...

I have Just read Mizu to Gin
Spoiler

...Uguuu

chill dude. it's not about them not being together at the end. when you read something, you sometimes just really like a certain character and by the end, you wish all the good things for her along with closure. tho tetsuo is a dipshit mofo bitch, the best ending for akira is still for that dipshit to fully commit to her and love her. just because it was always hinted that they won't end up together doesn't mean it should really end that way. how about you? have you read/watched rurouni kenshin? wouldn't you agree that the more fitting ending was the manga ending instead of that bullshit ova ending where he suffers until the last moments of his life? i believe everyone here loved reading the story. they appreciate it so much that they really feel for the characters involved especially akira.

Spoiler

Making a squad to go and kick the autor's butt. want to join? hand up o/
To much salt to the wound.

All in all, I'm fairly pleased that I dropped this quite a few chapters ago.  Got out at the height of the relationship when it was just starting to foreshadow bad stuff, thanks to some spoilers (thank you!) and I just dropped by to be smug that I can still more or less imagine the rest of the manga never happened. :P

I think it's wrong decision Purple Guy. It's not that bad, and it's very well written.

STOP REOPENING THE WOUND! 

All shallow relationships, excluding accidents and external factors, start and end the same way: out of greed and desire for an illusion.

These people give love a bad name. Especially when they say they need to find "the one".

Guess some things are over your head.

It's because I've been thinking for a long time that Akira loved Tetsuo for being a painter before for being a man. She fell in love with him when she saw him painting. It was her fantasy to be a painter's wife (chapter 20) and to be his model (chapter 4). But if I'm not wrong, when they break up she doesn't even know that he has decided to become an art teacher and not a painter who would live from his art alone. Several times she said that she would support him, but to her it was supporting him on the way of becoming a painter. I always thought Tetsuo's expressions were strange when she was expressing her support to him. I think he was kind of embarrassed or confused because he didn't know already what he wanted to do. It's like Akira was forcing her personal desire of him being a painter on him. That's why I think she didn't really understand him.

On the other side, Tetsuo never really spoke to her about his thoughts regarding his future. The only person he spoke of them with is Riko. She is the most important character in the traditional seinen aspect of the manga (I believe there are two important aspects in this manga : the romance in which Akira and Hanami play a decisive role, and the traditional seinen aspect of a young adult trying to find his way in life and society).

So to me, it was quite clear that their relationship wouldn't work well in the end. Akira projected her own fantasy of Tetsuo being a painter on him, and he let her do so without saying anything clear about himself. In chapter 31, she wonders if he is the "real deal" as a painter (if he's going to become some kind of a genius professional painter in the future), but he decided to become an art teacher at the end of chapter 29, so her wonderings were already outdated at this point.

Well, that's how I view things at least. I don't know if I was clear, it's quite difficult for me to express my thoughts on this topic in English (I'm not a native speaker).

Of course! She haven't understood Tetsuo since the very beginning. And they never discussed important matters in their relationship except et the end of the manga.

Guess some things are over your head.

Im still thinking of what some cephei said... The whole story happened in summer right? Akira and Tetsuo met in summer... how could there be february and december in those... Its still rainy season by chapter 30... so summer isnt over yet (rains in japan happens in early summer...i searched...) So like its name... Memories of Summer.... its just one of their memories... maybe something happened after that... he was able to draw akira's face now...maybe its a sign or something... Memories of Fall? Of course, maybe its just me getting crazy bought by the pain of the extra chapters

You have a good point there.

Really liked it, it was a painfully good ride. What I got from this manga is that people meet, start and develop a relationship, and, in this case, they don't always stay together. Contrary to many, I never really disliked our protagonist. He had his struggles and seemed really indecisive at times, but that's something I liked about him. You don't always have the answers or know exactly what you're feeling or supposed to do. You don't always make someone happy. Yet, I think it is beautiful how this romantic tragedy depicted a phase of life anyone could go through at any point in a romantic relationship.

Ouch ouch ouch That extra chapter is so sweet It hurts.

chill dude. it's not about them not being together at the end. when you read something, you sometimes just really like a certain character and by the end, you wish all the good things for her along with closure. tho tetsuo is a dipshit mofo bitch, the best ending for akira is still for that dipshit to fully commit to her and love her. just because it was always hinted that they won't end up together doesn't mean it should really end that way. how about you? have you read/watched rurouni kenshin? wouldn't you agree that the more fitting ending was the manga ending instead of that bullshit ova ending where he suffers until the last moments of his life? i believe everyone here loved reading the story. they appreciate it so much that they really feel for the characters involved especially akira.

Everybody reads manga and enjoys it differently. Just because some are hurt because of ending, others liked it. Everybody has there right to there own opinion. I for one really enjoyed the story all the way to the end, even if Akira did get the happy ending like I would of liked.

Not everything have to end good, personally, I liked the ending myself. It's bitter, sure, but I prefer the author give an ending they like/plan to from the beginning, instead of catering to fan wish/ship.

I also find these extra chapters sweet, at the end of the day, this story is about a memory they once had. I loved these extras, although a closure would be nice.

Easily one of my favorite romance manga. Will continue to follow this author next work and buy it whenever it published in my country (unlikely though, given the amount of sexual scenes, but I have hope).

Im still thinking of what some cephei said... The whole story happened in summer right? Akira and Tetsuo met in summer... how could there be february and december in those... Its still rainy season by chapter 30... so summer isnt over yet (rains in japan happens in early summer...i searched...) So like its name... Memories of Summer.... its just one of their memories... maybe something happened after that... he was able to draw akira's face now...maybe its a sign or something... Memories of Fall? Of course, maybe its just me getting crazy bought by the pain of the extra chapters

What is this torture?!

Akira is the best can indeed.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The entire manga, right there.

Of course! She haven't understood Tetsuo since the very beginning. And they never discussed important matters in their relationship except et the end of the manga.

oh yes yes pleese trample my feels some more.

All in all, I'm fairly pleased that I dropped this quite a few chapters ago.  Got out at the height of the relationship when it was just starting to foreshadow bad stuff, thanks to some spoilers (thank you!) and I just dropped by to be smug that I can still more or less imagine the rest of the manga never happened. :P

Their relationship already ended. So those are moments of the past. And surely Akira is strong woman who can get over her former relation with Tetsuo. So I don't see why the people feel tortured... Maybe the author gifts us with the next lovely romance of Akira.

Spoiler

The entire manga, right there.

This...this hurts.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics