Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 513votes)

Oyasumi Punpun

Alt Names: alt İyi Uykular Punpunalt Boa noite, Punpun!alt Bonne nuit Punpun !alt Buenas noches, Punpunalt Buona notte Punpunalt Dobranoc Punpun!alt Good Night Pung Pungalt Goodnight Punpunalt Goodnight Punpunalt Hyvää yötä Punpunalt Magandang Gabi Punpunalt Noapte bună Punpunalt Oyasumi Pun Pun
Author: Asano Inio
Artist: Asano Inio
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Witness the titular Punpun - who is depicted as a tiny, caricatured bird in an otherwise normal human setting - as he copes with his dysfunctional family and friends, his love interest, his oncoming adolescence and his hyperactive mind.
Go to Oyasumi Punpun Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Wrapping up this winter New Window Akaelda
  • 1 Replies

225 Comments

I will flip my shit if Punpun somehow goes back to his old self after this.

yes it's dark and depressing but not the darkest one I've read...    It is more like literature than most manga and more symbolic. 

This is a great manga. I can't believe I didn't try it until now.

Poor Aiko. She's just jumped out of the grasp of one crazy into the arms of another. I was rooting for these two, but I'm not sure if that's the best idea anymore.

I really can't see the story having a happy ending for Punpun and, honestly, I don't think it would feel right if it did.

this manga is really dark -____-
when im going to read the next chapter, i always wishing that something happy will happen, and it didnt.
i will drop this since its not being updated anymore, and also its so dark that i cant really read the future chapter and the ending, i cant see it will be better.
though, i hope punpun ended up with sachi and find happiness, he suffered enough.

This manga is so depressing that i read in constant fear of reading one more chapter, but what can i do if this manga drags me to read another one every time i finish one?

well, now in the latest chapters i can see a mothefucker punpun being a real asshole, but i prefer him that way than seen him all depressed, just hope this doesn't have a superbad depressing ending, 'cuz you know i've have my fair dose of that shit already in the entire manga.

Ps: i read it all till the last chapter since 12:30 Am till 8:00 Am now, i'm off to sleep. bye

The character that I liked most till now is the manager of the Real State Office. There. I said it.

@vash-the-stampede really? where is it i can't find it anywhere! :(
We also see his face when he's a kid in the earlier chapters.
@noctis, if you look closely in the chapter, Punpun's photo is on the floor on page 17. His eyes are the only thing blacked out.

I think eventually we'll see most of his face, but I have a feeling this is going to be a tragedy and he'll die and we'll only see his face with eyes closed in a casket or something like that. The attempted removal of one eye in this chapter seems to be a bit of foreshadowing.
@noctis, if you look closely in the chapter, Punpun's photo is on the floor on one of the pages. His eyes are the only thing blacked out. I think eventually we'll see most of his face, but I have a feeling this is going to be a tragedy and he'll die and we'll only see his face with eyes closed in a casket or something like that.
I've followed this since chapter 1... and I've come to realise this manga is crazy. It's also a masterpiece.
We can see his whole body now...just the face's missing. What does that mean?
and now i'm sad.
first time i've seen a Fondue in a Manga !!!
he should have stayed with sachi!
This is great work. But seriously omg.
I don't know what kind of experience or idea that the author had to came up with a story like this, but this manga is amazingly good for a reason
@Stakh
I don't think so. Pegasus' prophecies seem to be reliable according to Wada. And he keeps talking about a Daruma doll with popping eyes, the "promised despair", and Punpun happened to throw a daruma doll after learning about Midori and Yuuchi marriage. There was no way Pegasus would know about those events unless his power was real. So there seems to be a fair bit of supernatural involved, which would make Pegasus' ideas not mere fantasy.
@TesuDan
I have the exact oppositie :P
I read it to remind me where my life wil head if i don't do somthing
@lain.cal: string-theory + cultists + punpun:

there are many links between those, for instance Aiko's family history is affected by indoctrination within a seedy cult.

But more deeply, this manga is all about perception of reality by different people, and how some of them will take shortcuts instead of facing uncomfortable realities: people get into cults in order to live in a reality in which they feel they have more agency. Super-string theory is just pseudo-science babble, used in order to steal some credibility from science. Often quantum theory is used for the same purpose.

People in this manga are not happy with the world as they perceive it, and retreat into personal or group fantasies that have their own dark sides. A flight from reality based on fear and anguish does not lead to rosy places.
Does anyone read the string theory parts seriously? I still can't find any relationships between the cults and the rest of the stories.
I hope this manga ends in some supper depressing way with PunPun's death and then the last line will be "Goodnight PunPun" it would be perfect.
Spilers ahead.

@Ayreos:
I don't know about the "common everyday world". If it could be called normal up until now, after Punpun became a murderer it's not really possible to coinsider it that normal anymore. And Aiko's life was never normal to begin with. But that depends on your idea of normality.
In any case, it's clear that punpun swallowed the wrong pill. It's bye bye to Kansas!
The problem is that some people are so damaged/wired that they tend to feel excessively negative/unstable feelings (think about depression or bipolar disorder). This is why the same world and life can feel like paradise or hell to different people.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics