Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.32 - 77votes)

Luck Stealer

Alt Names: alt Şans Hırsızıalt 幸運妙賊alt 盗运者
Author: Kazu Hajime
Artist: Kazu Hajime
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This story is about a man who steals others' luck by touching them with his bare hands. He takes luck away from those "bad" men who have been doing horrible things and makes their death look like a coincidence. With all this luck, what does he do with it, how does he use it?
Go to Luck Stealer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic No such thing as luck New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Canceled, or Just Lack of Scanlators? New Window palido dios
  • 3 Replies

182 Comments

Spoiler

A comic about a guy who steals something that doesn't exist, with a daughter who doesn't make something that doesn't exist.

Luck is such a laughable concept.

Just take it as Luck = Lifeforce/Power of existence in this manga. If you wanted some very long explanation about luck or similar powers, you are better off reading light novels. 

I disagree with that, but I hope you happiness in your belief.  Well, you might be partially right, it is a bit more realistic.

But this isn't about realism, its about the whole concept. This is less about chance and probabilities and more about some magical invisible being guiding things based on what the protagonist touches and for how long. Think about it this way, if someone wanted to die, then something falling on them would be good luck, to them. For things to go or not go the way someone wants, there has to be a intelligent being observing and knowing what is desired or not, and acting accordingly.

So why have we not seen any evidence of this intelligent being, and why does this intelligent being act so arbitrary? I will tell you why, because despite all signs pointing to there being a powerful intelligent invisible being manipulating things, the author, hence the story, knows of no such thing. Kind of like giant white elephant in the room that everyone pretends isn't there.

Relax man. Just take what the author says as law. His universe is his own creation. It can't be compared to reality as highly accurate since we humans haven't even grasped how this world works.
And nobody mentioned about any beings. If you relate concepts to beings immediately, that is already a fallacy, they aren't the same.
Luck is as intangible as the concept of Karma, in reality. However, the author defined his concepts, like Luck and assassins, well on his manga. What is written is how it works, you don't have to compare it to reality.
If a character says his fire is black and emits no heat, nobody complains right? So if the author says Luck works this way, then it works like what he says (luck here is some sort of lifeforce)
TL;DR There is no intelligent being that you are using as the core of your argument. Therefore, Your argument is invalid

"Luck is such a laughable concept"

The one who said that must knew the ultimate method to avoid being born in Pakistan as a female then. Hope he could enlighten us on that godlike method.

The young schoolers reported to be shot on world's news must have been crazy-son-of-bitches tricksters to meet that fate, that is without the concept of luck...

Because stories about Aliens and Middle School children who get harems of girls falling in love them is obviously so much more realistic.

I disagree with that, but I hope you happiness in your belief.  Well, you might be partially right, it is a bit more realistic.

But this isn't about realism, its about the whole concept. This is less about chance and probabilities and more about some magical invisible being guiding things based on what the protagonist touches and for how long. Think about it this way, if someone wanted to die, then something falling on them would be good luck, to them. For things to go or not go the way someone wants, there has to be a intelligent being observing and knowing what is desired or not, and acting accordingly.

So why have we not seen any evidence of this intelligent being, and why does this intelligent being act so arbitrary? I will tell you why, because despite all signs pointing to there being a powerful intelligent invisible being manipulating things, the author, hence the story, knows of no such thing. Kind of like giant white elephant in the room that everyone pretends isn't there.

A comic about a guy who steals something that doesn't exist, with a daughter who doesn't make something that doesn't exist.

Because stories about Aliens and Middle School children who get harems of girls falling in love them is obviously so much more realistic.

That's a huge death flag

Luck is a concept based on statistics. I'm lucky/unlucky if something with a low chance of happening happens to me. Just depends on if it's viewed as bad or good.

So, rather than laughable, it is a way for us to describe stochastic outcomes.

KOUTAROU NO.

So long, Kotarou.

Thank you for being patient during our one week break. Chapter 38 is coming soon.

Not a real preview:

Spoiler

Bonus! Not a real preview:

Spoiler

I think it'd be hard for Hound to win Sakura. Sakura was the strongest after all, iirc.

Do your best Hound and save the daughter!  However, I would like to point out something... even if they kidnap the daughter it wouldn't be the brightest of ideas. You can only threaten her if she is still alive... the second she dies (either by accident or intentional) now you've got a seriously pissed off Luck Stealer on your hands... I mean... what could possibly go wrong with that? other than you know everything.

They can still use that against him. He would have to go to her, in person, to give her his luck. Which is effectively the same as turning himself in to them. Taking into consideration the fact they probably would not realize her life is in jeopardy until maybe day 4 or 5, 6 at the latest. He would have little to no time left for any other plan of action, except for a suicide mission. Which very well could happen; or not. We shall see~

Do your best Hound and save the daughter!  However, I would like to point out something... even if they kidnap the daughter it wouldn't be the brightest of ideas. You can only threaten her if she is still alive... the second she dies (either by accident or intentional) now you've got a seriously pissed off Luck Stealer on your hands... I mean... what could possibly go wrong with that? other than you know everything.

*trololololololol trololololololololololol 

* trololololol trololololololol

Chapter 36 coming soon.

Not a real preview:

Spoiler

Am I the only one who think this is scary?

Spoiler

I've always found her to be a little scary, though I don't think she's ever looked so much like a muppet before...

Dont worry, father and daughter will live til the end arc, and the only way i can see him saving his daughter is if he dies and transfers the other half of his power to his daughter (I expect the arc master to have some ways to direct the transfer, aka to himself)

That scenario or the guy dies, some other person close to kurusu gets the power, and a second series begins (which happens to most maintreams, i doubt it would happen here)

Chapter 35 coming soon.

Not a real preview:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Holy shit. No, you are not.

that was a heartwarming, sweet chapter. sadly this feels like the calm before the storm, before shit comes falling down.

Yeah... I think some death flags were raised. Possibly kotarou's.  Though I was happy he didn't go yandere.

Also, was I the only one that suspected that

Spoiler

Oh, and thank you for the releases Black Fox Scans! I missed this manga!

that was a heartwarming, sweet chapter. sadly this feels like the calm before the storm, before shit comes falling down.

Spoiler

loveing the update i want mroe

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics